If you have problems registering or logging in, post here

Moderator: Moderators

Charles
Apprentice

Double login

Post #1

Post by Charles »

Hi, I'm ttruscott.

Around Christmas last year I started to have trouble login in, my name or password being rejected for no reason and then accepted for no reason. This coincided with my login taking me to a new format or perhaps a defunct format which looks like this

In January every login failed every time. I have been effectively locked out since then. I tried to get this addressed through the DC&R facebook page but to no avail...I was ignored.

For Feb and Mch I was out of country on a laptop which I felt was inadequate so now that I have returned to my larger home computer I have decided to create a new log in identity to enable me to connect with DC&R for us it to try to resolve this issue. I really miss the action here...

As you can see from the picture I am still going to the weird format, that is, none of the fixes suggested has brought any permanent help.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #2

Post by Difflugia »

The "weird" format in your image is what mine always looks like.

benchwarmer
Guru

Re: Double login

Post #3

Post by benchwarmer »

[Replying to post 1 by Charles]

I see that version whenever I get logged out and have to log back in.

At the bottom of my page (very, very bottom) when logged in normally, I see two tiny links that say "Mobile" and "Lo-Fi Version". Perhaps you are in one of those modes? Not sure what that would have to do with your issues logging in though.

Perhaps otseng has some visibility via logs or something to see what's going on with your account.

By the way, I don't think you are missing too much in the grand scheme of things. We are all still disagreeing with each other :) :)

Charles
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by Charles »

Difflugia wrote: The "weird" format in your image is what mine always looks like.
It has less features than the one I am used to but the point is that it was when I was switched ot this format when I started to have login problems until nothing worked, even a new password from Otseng.

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

You're seeing the default board style (MobileBoot). If you want to change it, you can go here:
profile.php?mode=profil&sub=profile_pre ... =1&u=14534

tam
Savant

Re: Double login

Post #6

Post by tam »

[Replying to post 1 by Charles]

Ah, I have been wondering where you were (peace to you)! Good to hear from you again, ttruscott!

Charles
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by Charles »

otseng wrote: You're seeing the default board style (MobileBoot). If you want to change it, you can go here:
profile.php?mode=profil&sub=profile_pre ... =1&u=14534
Thank you. Tomorrow I will try to login as ttruscott.

Charles
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by Charles »

So, I cannot login as ttruscott yet.

I have practiced making a few posts and it is 50-50 that when I hit submit I get the submission accepted page or am shunted back to a login page which it is prefilled with ttruscott and when I go thru the process of changing it back to Charles and logging in, my post is gone, lost somewhere, not to be found even as a draft.

This constant shunting me to a login page is how this all started and slowly devolved into the login being rejected as wrong.

I'd be happy with having ttruscott's tokens transferred to Charles and then ttruscott being closed, ie made inactive, but not deleted, if that would resolve this ongoing problem.

Charles
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by Charles »

[Replying to otseng] You're seeing the default board style (MobileBoot). If you want to change it, you can go here:
profile.php?mode=profil&sub=profile_p...

I went there. I successfully changed the format to subSilver, thank you. This morning after being in the forum for some time I AM SUDDENLY BACK IN THE THE MOBILEBOOT FORMAT AGAIN after a series of link clicks randomly sending me to ttruscott login page, often with the loss of the post.

It sure seems like MobileBoot and my login difficulties are related somehow.

I do not want to lose all the posts (10885) I wrote over the last 10 years but would like to be able to refer to them from any login.

Charles
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by Charles »

[Replying to post 9 Charles]

Poking around it seems to me that it jumps from subSilver to mobileBoot every time I use the Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index link...if that helps.

It jumps to the login page quite randomly.