Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1461

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1457 by tam]

I have provided detailed scripture based answers to all the points raised. As I said, if your ccounter arguments amount to merely repeating fajlty reasoning nothing is served by going round and rojnd the same issues. My Lord has spoken, and He cannot be wrong.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

tam
Savant

Post #1462

Post by tam »

[Replying to post 1458 by JehovahsWitness]

1John 4:1

Your lord speaks with the voice of a stranger.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1463

tam wrote: [Replying to post 1458 by JehovahsWitness]

1John 4:1

How do you know that? Are you suggestjng MY LORD is not Christ, Jaheshua, THE WORD, the Son of the Living God?

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1464

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 1459 by tam]
When I posted that to someone a year or so ago I got a Moderator telling me it was contrary to the rules here.

Grace and peace, Tam.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1465

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: Peace to you,
[Replying to post 1456 by onewithhim]

Let us discuss particular Scriptures.

See post 1454.

viewtopic.php?p=1005951#1005951

Considering the "response" that post received, it does not appear as though some wish to discuss scripture after all, despite claims to the contrary.

If you want to discuss scripture, then perhaps you could respond to that post and the questions raised therein.

Peace again to you,
- a slave of Christ,
tammy
I have responded to all things asked of me. I wish the same could be said of yourself.

(I asked you a long time ago to stop addressing me with "peace to you"---you start out with it and end with it. PLEASE. It is annoying. And I know you consider yourself "a slave of Christ," so it is not necessary to end your posts with that, every single time. Thank you!)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1466

Post by onewithhim »

Thanks to everybody who have participated on this thread. It is my hope that even more people will contribute their thoughts on this.

:D

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1467

Post by Checkpoint »

onewithhim wrote: Thanks to everybody who have participated on this thread. It is my hope that even more people will contribute their thoughts on this.
Is the "Paradise on earth" of this thread the same as the one promised in Revelation 2:7?
To the one who overcomes, I will grant the right to eat from the tree of life in the Paradise of God.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1468

Checkpoint wrote:
onewithhim wrote: Thanks to everybody who have participated on this thread. It is my hope that even more people will contribute their thoughts on this.
Is the "Paradise on earth" of this thread the same as the one promised in Revelation 2:7?
To the one who overcomes, I will grant the right to eat from the tree of life in the Paradise of God.

We dont believe "the paradise of God" refered to in Rev 2:7 is the same as the "paradise" (earth). Revelation 2:7 is a reference is to the presence of God for those given immortality in heaven.

JW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1469

Post by onewithhim »

Checkpoint wrote:
I think those sentiments were directed to the anointed who will rule with Christ, but of course the idea would extend to those on the earth, who have been promised a paradise here.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1470

Post by Checkpoint »

onewithhim wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
I think those sentiments were directed to the anointed who will rule with Christ, but of course the idea would extend to those on the earth, who have been promised a paradise here.
Hmmn..

I'm not sure about those things.

Would you say you and most of your JW friends are included in "to the one who overcomes"?

Is it sound and scriptural to extend an idea that targets a specific group, to another group that lacks what separates that first group?

Where have you "been promised a paradise here"?