wannabe
Apprentice

Does Atheism Attract Evil ?

Post #1

Post by wannabe »

Atheism
Attracts Evil ,
Because it has nothing to back it up.

Therefore Evil has an easy target and manifest.

Would it be true to say that the 'pool of christianity' that exists within our society
feels a stronger resistance ( as opposed to those without a god ) to Evil,
given that the Christian God is supposedly Anti-Evil.

Sort of like a force that pushed evil from one place to another until Evil finds a
better place to live. ( Jesus's love exposes evil,) (for he sees all truths and has
high moral standards.).

Cant verify the facts, but i think that the higher percentage of Evil doers
would fall by the way of Atheists.

Simply because of of the way Evil unfolds (or tries to become ).

If someone wants to run with a bad idea, they are not going to
run it through the church first.

So does Atheism Attract Evil ?
:
:

Live to give , Give to live ( love Jesus )

: I believe a mans spirit is more than just his imagination.

I believe in forever. That's true even without religion.(or man)

: Live to give, give to life, Forgive to live.

wannabe
Apprentice

Re: Does Atheism Attract Evil ?

Post #31

Post by wannabe »

[Replying to post 30 by wannabe]

What do you suppose the common goal of all such groups might be?
I think the one thing in common they might have is the disregard for a God.
:
:

Live to give , Give to live ( love Jesus )

: I believe a mans spirit is more than just his imagination.

I believe in forever. That's true even without religion.(or man)

: Live to give, give to life, Forgive to live.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #32

Post by Purple Knight »

wannabe wrote:Didn't Joseph Stalin have a regime (with followers)?
are there no other organised groups of Atheists?
If you're arguing that atheism somehow allowed Stalin to kill a bunch of people, while Christianity would not have, then I only wonder how Hitler killed a bunch of people while being Christian and having an officially Christian regime.

I have read Hitler's autobiography and he clearly believed in God. My personal opinion is that he was Lutheran, and my main reason is his strong belief in Fate.

I'm not really sure why an antisemite would believe in the Jewish God, and by my estimation all racists should be Pagan if anything, but it's very obvious, especially to an atheist, when someone is a monotheist and it's genuine. It's not just that they talk about God sometimes. It's an entirely different way of thinking.

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #33

Post by amortalman »

[Replying to post 6 by wannabe]

wannabe wrote:

"If you step back from the world and consider the direction of Evil given all the different directives of the groups in the world , logically evil would find an easy way in.
Atheism not having a specific agenda for the sake of its moral structure except for laws unto oneself doesn't throw up an obvious forseeable obstruction to Evil."

Do you think theism throws up an obvious foreseeable obstruction to evil? According to the passages below from Roman's Chapter 7, "evil" thrives under God's law:

The Law and Sin
7 What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.� 8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting. For apart from the law, sin was dead. 9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. 11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

13 Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Nevertheless, in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.

So you see that the evil you speak of is alive and well in god-believers just as much, if not more so than in those who lack a belief in God.