poor people in christianity

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

poor people in christianity

Post #1

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. (Ezekiel 16:49)
what you believe about sodom it's true but incomplete

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (Matthew 25:34-46)
you can miss the kingdom of God if you "miss" poor people.

if i ruled the world, there would be no poor people. it's our duty to help them, not a little help, but help to live well. what i want is covered by the words of Lord Jesus. who is against that? satanists. even God is an obstacle to this idea because we don't respect his law. this should be done for poor people and any human, a bible to read it and help to live well. bible quotes:
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (Matthew 22:39)
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. (Matthew 5:42)
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. (John 7:24)

only my opinion, what you believe?

WeSee
Banned
Banned

Re: poor people in christianity

Post #2

Post by WeSee »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: 49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. (Ezekiel 16:49)

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. (Matthew 25:34-46)

if i ruled the world, there would be no poor people. it's our duty to help them, not a little help, but help to live well. what i want is covered by the words of Lord Jesus. who is against that? satanists. even God is an obstacle to this idea because we don't respect his law. this should be done for poor people and any human, a bible to read it and help to live well. bible quotes:
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. (Matthew 5:42)
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. (John 7:24)

No human being should have to live, at a minimum, without adequate water, food, clothing, shelter, medical care, etc. This concept is consistent with the words that you quoted in your post. This concept is consistent with the gospel preached by Jesus as a whole. Unfortunately many do live without the minimums listed above. Many Christians, especially amongst evangelicals, in the US are opposed to having tax dollars being used to provide the above - with some staunchly opposed - to human beings both inside and outside of the US.

What is the explanation for this?
Unfortunately Christianity has the theology of Paul and followers of Paul as its foundation rather than the gospel preached by Jesus. As such many Christians are slaves to self-centeredness and greed.

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

Icey
Student

Post #4

Post by Icey »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:14 am 49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. (Ezekiel 16:49)

Who decides who is poor and who isn't?
Who is the standard to which we're measured (we're all poor if we're all measured, monetarily, to certain other people)?
What does poor mean? Can we get a universal agreement on what poor is? I know people who don't have a lot of money - they don't feel particularly poor. I've known people with a lot of money who were miserable.
Again, seems like there are questions that need addressed first.

Icey
Student

Post #5

Post by Icey »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:14 am 49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. (Ezekiel 16:49)

The few practicing Satanist I know....I doubt would agree with your apparent claim "there would be no poor people. it's our duty to help them, not a little help, but help to live well - who is against that? satanists." but I suppose every group has believers that live on the fringe
If God wanted people to live well, he'd make it so. That he doesn't either means he doesn't give a care, can't help them, doesn't think they need it or has other things in which to occupy his (obviously hyper valuable) time.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by 2ndRateMind »

I can't argue with anything in the Opening Post, and I think life for all of us would be a tad better if we only took such words to heart.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by 2ndRateMind »

WeSee wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:00 pm
No human being should have to live, at a minimum, without adequate water, food, clothing, shelter, medical care, etc. This concept is consistent with the words that you quoted in your post. This concept is consistent with the gospel preached by Jesus as a whole...
So, it seems the way the global economy is currently skewed, the richest 1% control 50% of the world's assets. The richest 10% control 85% of the world's assets. The richest 30% control 97% of the world's assets. I cannot think that this is God's preferred model for the distribution of His providence and His abundance. So much so, that I do not think it possible to be simultaneously both rich and Christian. We need to choose between God and Mammon, and given that the economic imperative is to share scarce resources amongst unlimited desires, will always need to do so.

Best wishes, 2RM.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Icey wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:20 pm If God wanted people to live well, he'd make it so. That he doesn't either means he doesn't give a care, can't help them, doesn't think they need it or has other things in which to occupy his (obviously hyper valuable) time.
Or, He has delegated the task to us, because He thinks the equitable distribution of the world's wealth a good thing for us to accomplish.

Best wishes, 2RM.