can satan to give you any power?

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

can satan to give you any power?

Post #1

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. (Luke 4:5-6)

yes he can

i will listen your opinion

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: can satan to give you any power?

Post #3

Post by Divine Insight »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: can satan to give you any power?
Satan is an imaginary fictitious character of ancient folklore. A demonic character.
cristian_gavrilescu wrote: yes he can
What makes you believe that? Has this demon from ancient folklore given you any power?

Is so, please explain.

If not, then what makes you think that he could? Ancient folklore?

Do you believe that Paul Bunyan can fell a tree with just a single stroke of an ax?
cristian_gavrilescu wrote: i will listen your opinion
According to the folklore about Satan (i.e. the Hebrew Bible), even the fictitious character Satan has no power to offer anyone. In the beginning all he did was tell Adam and Eve the truth and for that he was made to crawl on his belly and eat dirt for the rest of his days.

By the way, later in the folklore this same imaginary demon Satan actually goes to God and asks permission to do evil thing to a man named Job. Strangely God give Satan permission to do evil things to Job including killing his family.

So according to Hebrew folklore Satan has no power of his own and can only obtain evil power when the Hebrew God give his permission for Satan to do evil things.

As to the New Testament quotes that you have posted:
cristian_gavrilescu wrote: 5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. (Luke 4:5-6)
To begin with the original Hebrews rejected those new rumors as not being part of their original religious folklore.

Secondly, isn't Satan supposed to be crawling on his belly eating dirt for the rest of his days?

Third, when did Satan become in possession of the world? When was it his to give to anyone?

Forth, if Jesus was God incarnate then Jesus could not have been tempted by a promise from Satan to offer him what he himself had created.

In short, by the time the New Testament folklore had been created, the original folklore had already been dismissed and had basically already been forgotten.

You say that in your opinion Satan can give people power, but there's nothing in either the Old folklore, or the New folklore that even remotely suggests that their Satan character has any power at all.

So why would you think that this Satan character could give anyone any power?

That doesn't even match up with what the folklore has to say.

Even the New rumors of this folklore only have the Satan character offering the Jesus character the world, but the Jesus character doesn't even take him seriously. So apparently even the Jesus character knew that the Satan character has nothing to offer anyone.

BY the way, why would the Jesus character be tempted by power anyway? Was the Jesus character weak and in dire need of power?

Before a person can be tempted by something they first need to need it, or at least want it.

Did Jesus need or want power? Did he not have any power of his own?

See, these ancient folklore don't even make any sense as fantasy stories.

There's certainly no reason to take them seriously like as if they represent any actual characters. It's all just very poorly written fables. Neither Satan nor Jesus has anything to offer you. They are both just fictitious characters of ancient folklore.

Moreover, if you believe the folklore of Jesus, then you have no choice but to also believe the folklore of both Satan and Yahweh because they all come from the same folklore.

And keep in mind, that in the beginning, all Satan ever did was tell the truth. For the Bible tells us so. And for that the wicket God of the Bible cursed him to crawl on his belly and eat dirt.

It's folklore about a fictitious God who despises truth and will hurt decent honest people who tell the truth.

So if you believe in this God be very careful to never tell the truth lest you might be cursed to crawl on your belly and eat dirt for the rest of your days.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]