The Dying Has To Stop

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

Overcomer
Guru

The Dying Has To Stop

Post #1

Post by Overcomer »

I had never heard this man (William J. Barber ll) preach before. He certainly is a powerful orator. He uses a text from Amos 5 that could have been written for American society today. It fits perfectly. Even non-believers can benefit from a listen to it as he addresses the issue of racism throughout American history and as it stands today. His sermon is entitled The Dying Has to Stop. Interestingly, it was a friend in Australia who sent me the link.

I was also impressed by the woman who signed the sermon. That must have been a challenge!

Elijah John
Savant

Re: The Dying Has To Stop

Post #2

Post by Elijah John »

[Replying to Overcomer in post #1]

I don't want to watch the sermon at the moment but I wonder, is Rev Barber concerned about the black people in Chicago and in other places who are murdered in gun violence mostly committed by other black people? Or does he mention David Dorn, retired police chief of St. Louis who was murdered by looters? Or David Patrick Underwood who was assinated in the performance of his duties securing a federal building? Or the 8 year old girl in Atlanta who was murdered by BLM thugs who opened fire on her family's car for the "crime" of approaching a barricade then trying to turn around near that BLM barricade? That was near the ruins of that burned down Wendy's.

Yeah, the dying, and the killing's got to stop. All of it.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.