Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
onewithhim
Savant
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

User avatar
PinSeeker
Guru
Posts: 2368
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: !"

Post #1701

Post by PinSeeker »

tam wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:59 pm Ah, Pinseeker, truth is not always what people WANT to hear.
On this we can most certainly agree, my dear friend. Yes, I agree. Grace and peace to you.

User avatar
bluegreenearth
Guru
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1702

Post by bluegreenearth »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:46 pm Is there anyone here who likes the idea of a beautiful landscape, waterfalls, animals --even tigers and wolves--frolicking with children, good food, meeting again your once-deceased family members and friends in the flesh, and the house of your dreams? Many people think of heaven like that, but heaven doesn't have material things like those things, nor does it allow flesh to exist there. Doesn't paradise on Earth really sound good to you?
Sure, I like the idea... until I follow the idea to its logical conclusion.

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 15469
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 171 times
Contact:

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1703

Post by JehovahsWitness »

bluegreenearth wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:39 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:46 pm Is there anyone here who likes the idea of a beautiful landscape, waterfalls, animals --even tigers and wolves--frolicking with children, good food, meeting again your once-deceased family members and friends in the flesh, and the house of your dreams? Many people think of heaven like that, but heaven doesn't have material things like those things, nor does it allow flesh to exist there. Doesn't paradise on Earth really sound good to you?
Sure, I like the idea... until I follow the idea to its logical conclusion.
And what conclusion your opinion would that be ?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

User avatar
bluegreenearth
Guru
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1704

Post by bluegreenearth »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:42 amAnd what conclusion your opinion would that be ?
A logical conclusion is not an opinion, but someone can form an opinion about a logical conclusion. In any case, I intended for my response to invite some critical thinking. As such, you are invited to engage in that intellectual exercise yourself. What logical conclusion do you arrive at?

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 15469
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 171 times
Contact:

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1705

Post by JehovahsWitness »

bluegreenearth wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:19 am What logical conclusion do you arrive at?
That the hope of a paradise earth is a wonderful promise from God found in the bible and that there is good reason to believe in those promises.


JW
https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/bib ... -paradise/
Image
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

User avatar
bluegreenearth
Guru
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1706

Post by bluegreenearth »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:48 am
bluegreenearth wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:19 am What logical conclusion do you arrive at?
That the hope of a paradise earth is a wonderful promise from God found in the bible and one that there is good reason to believe in.
Please describe the logical thought progression that justifies belief in that conclusion.
Last edited by bluegreenearth on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bluegreenearth
Guru
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1707

Post by bluegreenearth »

Please disregard this duplicate post.

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 15469
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 171 times
Contact:

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1708

Post by JehovahsWitness »

bluegreenearth wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:53 am
Please describe the logical thought progression that justifies belief in that conclusion.
The will of an omnipotent God cannot be negated.
#1 The universe and life in it testifies to the existence of a Creator

#2 The bible has has proven itself to be the revealed Word of that Creator which records his true nature

#3 The Creator of the universe has expressed his will and purpose in that bible for an eventual paradise earth.


JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

User avatar
bluegreenearth
Guru
Posts: 1435
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1709

Post by bluegreenearth »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:05 pm
bluegreenearth wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:53 am
Please describe the logical thought progression that justifies belief in that conclusion.
The will of an omnipotent God cannot be negated.
#1 The universe and life in it testifies to the existence of a Creator

#2 The bible has has proven itself to be the revealed Word of that Creator which records his true nature

#3 The Creator of the universe has expressed his will and purpose in that bible for an eventual paradise earth.
#1 has not been demonstrated to be true. You've also not demonstrated where the possibility for the universe to have emerged from a more fundamental quantum state has been ruled-out.

#2 has not been demonstrated to be true. You've also not demonstrated where the possibility for the Bible to be entirely human-made has been ruled-out.

#3 has not been demonstrated to be true for the same reason as #2.

Please describe how the logically necessary objective of ruling-out those possibilities was achieved.

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 15469
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 171 times
Contact:

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1710

Post by JehovahsWitness »

bluegreenearth wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:27 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:05 pm

The will of an omnipotent God cannot be negated.
#1 The universe and life in it testifies to the existence of a Creator

#1 has not been demonstrated to be true.
I spoke of testimony not of demonstration. The origins of the universe cannot be demonstrated to anyone but those present at the time. The testimony presented by the universe, and those that claim to be writing under divine inspiration can (like all testimony) be believed or disbelieve. Like many, upon examination of saide evidence, I find compelling reason to believe.




JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Post Reply