Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #1

Post by AgnosticBoy »

There is now evidence that Antifa group was in the midst of the protestors. Coinciding with the timing of recent protests, now Antifa has taken over a few city blocks in a Seattle area and they're calling it the "autonomous zone".

https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-sea ... omous-zone

And their real agenda was not about George Floyd but rather they used those protests to incite more chaos. The New York times reports the real agenda:
While Mr. Floyd’s death in Minneapolis drove most of the energy in the streets toward ending police violence and racial injustice, some of those here in recent days have pushed for a wider focus. Some of the messages mirror the 2011 Occupy movement and seemed aimed at targeting corporate America for its role in social inequities.

"The more we encourage and focus on the race thing, the greater our attention is not focusing on the fact that this is class warfare,” said a 28-year-old protester and self-described anarchist who identified himself only by his first name, Fredrix.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... e.amp.html

So the real agenda is not about race.

Why did mainstream media ignore all of the evidence that Antifa was involved?

Does this show the weakness of Democrats (Washington State Governor is a Democrat) when they let domestic terrorists take over their neighborhoods?

koko

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #131

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:43 pm
Well you remember what happened in Seattle, right? Those were some lovely "peaceful" protestors, so much so that they started looting and took over Seattle. I guess that doesn't count as some insurrection until they start coming to YOUR front door or until it spreads all over the US, right?!

Yeah I remember - Mayor Durkan issued an EO declaring an emergency, met with the protesters, persuaded them to step out of the way as police dismantled the barricades, and the place was cleaned out. That is, cleaned out peacefully. That's the way it is supposed to be done with LOCAL authorities, not through jack booted federal thugs. As a conservative that's what you (who theoretically believes in limited government) should be demanding.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #132

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:51 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:43 pm
Well you remember what happened in Seattle, right? Those were some lovely "peaceful" protestors, so much so that they started looting and took over Seattle. I guess that doesn't count as some insurrection until they start coming to YOUR front door or until it spreads all over the US, right?!

Yeah I remember - Mayor Durkan issued an EO declaring an emergency, met with the protesters, persuaded them to step out of the way as police dismantled the barricades, and the place was cleaned out. That is, cleaned out peacefully. That's the way it is supposed to be done with LOCAL authorities, not through jack booted federal thugs. As a conservative that's what you (who theoretically believes in limited government) should be demanding.
Don't you think the "local" officials should've acted since day one of Seattle takeover?! Did they not know that having a group of lawless protestors takeover Seattle and BLOCK police from entering would be a recipe for disaster? Their WEAKNESS and NEGLIGENCE led to an environment where assaults and MURDERS were happening in the so called autonomous zone. This incompetence gave Trump every right to send in the military.

The "local" officials did not act until the time that Trump was ready to send in the Feds.

If I were the Portland mayor I'd learn from that.

koko

Post #133

Post by koko »

Even Republican Tom Ridge objects to Trump's illegal actions:

""The department was established to protect America from the ever-present threat of global terrorism. It was not established to be the president’s personal militia ... Trump has turned all this into a TV show."

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #134

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to koko in post #133]

You're dodging my point. When local officials are incompetent and have failed to establish security, the president can send in the military. Again, refer to the Insurrection Act. You claim to know about it but earlier you were arguing as if Trump cant intervene at all.

I've proven your view wrong. Again, Insurrection Act. Read it!

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #135

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to AgnosticBoy in post #134]

There has got to be some wiggle room as to what counts as deprivation of constitution rights and inability to protect said rights. Otherwise it's just blank cheque for the federal government to send in the military for an unsolved robbery.

koko

Post #136

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:00 pm [Replying to koko in post #133]

You're dodging my point. When local officials are incompetent and have failed to establish security, the president can send in the military. Again, refer to the Insurrection Act. You claim to know about it but earlier you were arguing as if Trump cant intervene at all.

I've proven your view wrong. Again, Insurrection Act. Read it!

Local officials are not incompetent and have not failed to establish security. Nobody in that locale called for Trump to send in his Gestapo troopers.