If Jesus is not God then: When was Jesus created?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

If you respond then Can I get an order of creation from you, like baking a Jesus cake: water, flour, Jesus, sugar, mix?

So you might start with God, then heaven, earth, birds, Jesus.

Any takers?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: If Jesus is not God then: When was Jesus created?

Post #111

Post by JehovahsWitness »

WHY DID GOD NOT REVEAL THE IDENTIY AND ROLE OF HIS SON TO MANKIND AT GENESIS 1:26?

Scriptural truths are consistently revealed progressively (compare Prov 4:18). A infinite God would logically have an infinite amount of knowledge, yet humans who are limited in their capacity to understand facts, process information best when it is accessed in manageable amounts , supported by what they already know and linked to what relevant to them. In line with this, there are many questions that are left unanswered in Genesis, not least the role and identity of the promised seed, how and when he would destroy God's arch-enemy and what (if anything) all that would mean in real terms for Adam's descendents.

Who God was talking to at the moment of man's creation is just one of the questions raised in the book of Genesis which would be anwersed in the dueness of time.
Why would God choose not to initially reveal the existence of non-physical (spirit) intelligent creatures other than himself and the identiy of the "mystery collaborator"in particular, early in the creation account? Arguably because the focus was on himself as the Creator and His relationship with humans as well as the fact that it would be many millennia before the identity of that one would be relevant to mankind's worship.
Whether one supposes such editorial decisions were a mistake is a matter of personal opinion, that Genesis is not exhaustive is a matter of fact.

JW

RELATED POSTS
What is implied by the expression "let us make man in our image"?
viewtopic.php?p=903869#p903869

Why did God not identify the role of THE WORD in Genesis 1:26? [this post]
viewtopic.php?p=1020038#p1020038

Was the spirit person called in the bible THE WORD, a created being?
viewtopic.php?p=957590#p957590

What was the role of Jesus in creation?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 13#p864013

Were all things created "through" Christ or "BY" Christ?
viewtopic.php?p=925193#p925193
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Revelations won
Sage

Post #112

Post by Revelations won »

Dear JW,

Do you accept the biblical doctrine that God the Father is indeed the father of our spirits?

Do You accept that God the Father is the father of the spirits of all mankind?

Thank you for awaited response to clarify your views.

Kind regards,
RW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #113

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to PinSeeker in post #80]

You say my arguments are "completely false," however....a bit more research needs to be done on your end. The article absent from "and god was the logos" speaks volumes. Any Greek speaking person knows what an absent article means, and I believe I explained it so that anyone can understand what giving an article and, conversely, not giving an article means in a sentence.

And why do you find fault with my definition of "god"? Are you not familiar with what Jesus said about "gods"? I think I quoted what he said. Yes, Jesus asked for the glory he had with his Father in heaven, and does this not solidify one's belief that the Father is truly the Most High and HE gave Jesus glory? If the Father did not give Jesus glory in the first place then why would Jesus be praying for it to God, the Father, to have it again? Clearly, the Father is above all, including His Son, and all power and glory comes from Him.