Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Gifts from the 'Holy Spirit'?

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

Gifts from the 'Holy Spirit'?

It is not uncommon in these threads for Christians to claim they receive (something) from a supernatural 'spirit' (supposedly a part of 'god').
The Church functions by the Holy Spirit in the individual lives of believers. Every believer has been given gifts from the Holy Spirit. It is through these gifts that the Church functions. See (1 Cor. 12-14) (Rom. 12:1-16) and (Eph. 4:4-16).

So, the believers, Christians, have the Spirit of God and the Word of God to determine and measure.
What 'gifts', exactly, have Christians received from the 'spirit'?

Christians seem to be about average in personal characteristics and abilities. If they have been 'helped' or 'benefited' in some way, what were / are they without the 'gifts' – a basket case?

If someone gets help to come up to average, they must have been well below average to start with.

It appears as though many Muslims are more committed to their religion, their rituals, their 'god' than Christians. Does this indicate that the 'holy spirit' gives Muslims more 'gifts' than Christians?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

koko

Re: Gifts from the 'Holy Spirit'?

Post #101

Post by koko »

Still waiting for those "miracles". Has anyone who claims their prayers are always answered troubled themselves to ask for some miracles for me or anyone else on this forum? I figure there's no harm in asking.

Savant

Post #102

Post by 1213 »

koko wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:28 pm Still waiting for those "miracles". Has anyone who claims their prayers are always answered troubled themselves to ask for some miracles for me or anyone else on this forum? I figure there's no harm in asking.
Sorry, I don’t see any good reason for to ask “miracles”. What exactly would you want from God?

koko

Post #103

Post by koko »

1213 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:06 am

Sorry, I don’t see any good reason for to ask “miracles”. What exactly would you want from God?

I have discussed that above. All in compliance with biblical teaching, of course.