Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1781

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:07 am And how do you know who is or is not among that class?
Which "class" are you refering to? Born again (spirit anointed) Christians or true Christians?
Born again Christians can be identified if they share the fact they have a heavenly calling with others. True Christians can be identified by their Iove (see John 13:35)

JW

RELATED POSTS

What does it mean to be "born again"?
viewtopic.php?p=850455#p850455
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1782

Revelations won wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:07 am
So everyone else is going to hell?
I don't believe in hell.

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

HEAVEN, HELL and ... THE CONDITION OF THE DEAD

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1783

You also said: “What did God do at this time ? He started to unseal bible truths so that "true knowledge [became] abundant

So before 1919, according to your statement, God kept everyone in the dark and they lacked true knowledge of Bible truths because they were sealed.

Yes, Gods people lacked the accurate understanding of many (not all) key truths and biblical prophecies, such as those contained in the book of Daniels because they had spent nearly two millennia in spiritual captivity (darkness(*)) from the end of the first century to the end of the 19th.

DANIEL 12 : 4, 9

As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.”....Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end

*DARKNESS: This sealing is not to be confused with the darkness of false religion. God didn't keep his people in darkness (that was Satan's doing) but he allowed it until it was His (JEHOVAHS) due time to free them and shed his light upon them.

JW

RELATED POSTS

Why isn't the bible clearer so that everyone that reads it can come to the same understanding?
viewtopic.php?p=966727#p966727
Go to other posts related to...

THE BIBLE , HERMENEUTICS* and ... BIBLE AUTHORSHIP & TRANSMISSION
* bible interpretation[/quote]
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1784

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:55 pm
You also said: “What did God do at this time ? He started to unseal bible truths so that "true knowledge [became] abundant

So before 1919, according to your statement, God kept everyone in the dark and they lacked true knowledge of Bible truths because they were sealed.

Yes, Gods people lacked the accurate understanding of many (not all) key truths and biblical prophecies, such as those contained in the book of Daniels because they had spent nearly two millennia in spiritual captivity (darkness(*)) from the end of the first century to the end of the 19th.

DANIEL 12 : 4, 9

As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.”....Go, Daniel, because the words are to be kept secret and sealed up until the time of the end

*DARKNESS: This sealing is not to be confused with the darkness of false religion. God didn't keep his people in darkness (that was Satan's doing) but he allowed it until it was His (JEHOVAHS) due time to free them and shed his light upon them.

Why isn't the bible clearer so that everyone that reads it can come to the same understanding?
viewtopic.php?p=966727#p966727
Yes, that sums up well how any JW understands what God said in Daniel 12.

I think there is another, much earlier, explanation of, and fulfilment of, what Daniel said about "the time of the end".

It is found quite clearly expressed by Jesus and the writers of the New Testament.

Anyone can confirm this for themselves. At the least, those who can read and grasp the situation then and what is described and proclaimed by Jesus, Paul, and others.
Last edited by Checkpoint on Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1785

Checkpoint wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:06 am
I think there is another explanation of, and fulfilment of, what Daniel said about "the time of the end".

It is found quite clearly expressed by Jesus and the writers of the New Testament.

Anyone can confirm this for themselves. That is, those who can read and grasp the situation then and what is described and proclaimed by Jesus, Paul, and others.
Are you suggesting I have written something that CAN'T be supported by what "Jesus and the writers of the New Testament" expressed ? If so what?

JW

IAMinyou
Student

Post #1786

Post by IAMinyou »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 am When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29
The Earth will remain after the day of the Lord is used to end this temporary generation by using hot molten lava to melt everything away on Earth. However, the good news is that the Earth was created as information only so the information known as the tree of the knowledge of good and evil will not longer exist after the day of the Lord. So on that day, all human beings who cannot possible look alive without the INVISIBLE IMAGE of our CREATOR where all MEN ( male and female ) were created, will be destroyed and the INVISIBLE IMAGE of our CREATOR will remain for the next New Heaven and Earth to appear. The Earth will be restored back to the original information so that the NEW visible people from created MEN will enjoy a peaceful exist and enjoy all their new dreams together.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1787

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:57 am
Checkpoint wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:06 am
I think there is another explanation of, and fulfilment of, what Daniel said about "the time of the end".

Anyone can confirm this for themselves. That is, those who can read and grasp the situation then and what is described and proclaimed by Jesus, Paul, and others.
Are you suggesting I have written something that CAN'T be supported by what "Jesus and the writers of the New Testament" expressed ? If so what?
JW
No, I am not suggesting anything about what you wrote, other than saying you summed up your position well.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1788

Post by onewithhim »

Revelations won wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:38 am Dear Onewithhim,

Thank you for your response on Sept. 7,2020. I will try to try to respond to yours and others responses, in some order or fashion.

You said "You have a good comprehension of many things. Yes, Adam and Eve would've been married for all time....eternity. I ask you, without a condescedning attitude, is that a problem? As JW said, Jesus re-stated the marriage principle as was recorded at Genesis 2:24. "A man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh." (See Jesus' words at Matthew 19:5,6.) That is what we know of the "eternal marriage doctrine." It is simple. And if you find an awsome mate to begin with, you should be quite content forever."

I will raise another interesting issue regarding JW's post which you quoted from: Genesis 2:24. "A man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh."

This brings up another question: Who is Adam's Father and Mother??? It appears that it was very obvious what his responsibility was in relation to his wife and Father and Mother. :shock:

I do hope you can respond to my quotes and questions. I would be very curious to observe your take on these issues.

Kind regards,
RW
RW, Genesis 2:24 refers to what men and women from that point on would be expected to do. Adam's only Father was Jehovah, and his mother: God's heavenly organization.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1789

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #1788]

Adam's only Father was Jehovah, and his mother: God's heavenly organization.
That's a bit far out, onewithhim.

How did "God's heavenly organization" become Adam's mother?

What "heavenly organization" did God have then?

Does that still function today?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1790

Checkpoint wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:16 am What "heavenly organization" did God have then?

Does that still function today?
I will leave onewithim to deal with its relationship with Adam (as I've not come across that idea) but yes we do believe that God has a heavenly organisation.
The prophet Ezekiel was given a vision of the heavenly part of Jehovah’s glorious universal organization.

1 Corinthians 14:33 states "God is a God not of disorder but of peace". For countless billions of years YHWH (Jehovah) has coexisted with millions, perhaps billions of created spirits, referred in scriptures as "the sons of God" (Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7; Daniel 3:25). These spirits can be considered an organisation because they are numerous, have rank, position and order and all work to a common purpose.

ORGANISATION A group of persons organized for a particular purpose

source: https://www.thefreedictionary.com/organization

ARE THE ANGELS ORGANIZED?

The angelic forces like an army, are evidently highly organised all having their respective position, rank and duties.
  • organized into groups comparable to legions (Mt 26:53)
  • ranked as cherubs, seraphs, and angels (Isa 6:2, 3; Ge 3:24; Re 5:11)
  • Headed by princes (Jos 5:13-15; Dan 10:13)
  • Certain angels making up their armed (fighting) forces lead by the Archangel Michael (Jos 5:13-15; Dan 10:13)

DO GOD'S ANGELIC SPIRIT CREATURES ALL HAVE A COMMON PURPOSE?
REVELATION 7: 11,12

All the angels were standing around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell facedown before the throne and worshipped God, saying: “Amen! Let the praise and the glory and the wisdom and the thanksgiving and the honor and the power and the strength be to our God forever and ever. Amen.”

CONCLUSION If a group of individuals working in an organised way to a common goal is an organisation, then the millions of loyal spirit creatures in heaven serving Almighty God Jehovah in an ordered and harmonious way can accurately be described as his heavenly organisation.

JW

FURTHER READING Does a Great Heavenly Organization Exist?
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1972164

RELATED POSTS

Are angels and spirits different "life forms"?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 78#p846578

Can any angel be considered Almighty God?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 39#p937439

How many angels does the bible say there are?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 04#p962504

What do the scriptures tell us about ANGELS?
viewtopic.php?p=965482#p965482

Does God have a heavenly organisation ?
viewtopic.php?p=1023112#p1023112

What is God's spiritual temple?
viewtopic.php?p=1021279#p1021279

What is pictured by the chariot the Prophet Ezekiel saw in a vision?
viewtopic.php?p=1023112#p1023112

What is the New Jerusalem spoken of in the book of Revelation?
viewtopic.php?p=1021283#p1021283
To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

ANGELS , DEMONS and ... GOD'S HEAVENLY ORGANISATION
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.