YOU'RE FIRED!

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

YOU'RE FIRED!

Post #1

Post by Miles »

Joe Biden, now with 279 electoral votes and Trump with only 213 or 214 electoral votes (depends on whom your watching) is the clear President Elect of the U.S.A..

Trump received the news while golfing in Florida. (Where else would he be?)

Upon hearing of Biden's 279 electoral votes. . . .

“Frankly, we did win this election.” * "Yup." "You sure did your highness." "yes siree!"

"Shortly before his defeat by Joe Biden was called, and with the nation deeply divided, Donald Trump began his Saturday by tweeting inflammatory and unsubstantiated claims about voter fraud. Then he went to play golf.

The president, the White House pool reporter wrote, appeared for the motorcade to his course in Sterling, Virginia “wearing white Maga cap, windbreaker, dark slacks, non-dress shirt, shoes that look appropriate for golfing”.

Trump’s dedication to playing golf while in office has been a source of continuing controversy – particularly because he memorably and repeatedly lambasted his predecessor, Barack Obama, over how often he played the game."
source

And

"Trump Was Golfing When He Lost the Presidency"
Where were you when you found out the 2020 presidential election was called for Joe Biden? I was at home, blogging. My neighbors appear to have been “at the store, shopping for airhorns.” We know where President Trump was: at the golf course. According to the Associated Press, Trump left for his golf course in Virginia earlier this morning and hasn’t yet come back.

Thoughts and prayers for his caddie."
source

And Trump's response?

"Donald Trump is refusing to concede the presidential election to Joe Biden even after the Associated Press, and every US television news network, declared him the president-elect, saying the race is “far from over” and promising an intense legal fight.

“The simple fact is this election is far from over. Joe Biden has not been certified as the winner of any states, let alone any of the highly contested states headed for mandatory recounts, or states where our campaign has valid and legitimate legal challenges that could determine the ultimate victor,” the president said in a statement, released by his campaign.

“Beginning Monday, our campaign will start prosecuting our case in court to ensure election laws are fully upheld and the rightful winner is seated. The American people are entitled to an honest election: that means counting all legal ballots, and not counting any illegal ballots,” he said, continuing to claim there is widespread voter fraud but without evidence."
source

So, kind members, how do you think Trump will be handling his defeat in the coming months. Will he actually go ahead with an "intense legal fight"? Will he welcome the Bidens into the White House in January as is the custom? Will he even attend Biden's inauguration? Some TV pundits are doubtful.

*source

historia
Prodigy

Re: YOU'RE FIRED!

Post #21

Post by historia »

[Replying to AgnosticBoy in post #21]

Have you now concluded that Biden won?

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #22

Post by AgnosticBoy »

historia wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:47 pm [Replying to AgnosticBoy in post #21]

I have no problem accepting that Biden wins once all of the processes for making it official are completed. It's not his fault that America's election system is lacking in oversight. I'm still undecided on whether or not he won a fair election. Let's keep an eye on the Georgia Senate runoff races 😉

Miles
Savant

Post #23

Post by Miles »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:47 pm

I have no problem accepting that Biden wins once all of the processes for making it official are completed. It's not his fault that America's election system is lacking in oversight. I'm still undecided on whether or not he won a fair election. Let's keep an eye on the Georgia Senate runoff races 😉
Other than the inauguration, which is more of a formality, what additional processes do you see as incomplete?

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #24

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Miles wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:05 pm

Other than the inauguration, which is more of a formality, what additional processes do you see as incomplete?

On Jan. 6, the Congress counts the electoral college and declares a winner. That's when the elections are officially validated. Those who were insisting that the elections were over on the night that the states announced their election results were clearly in the wrong, and jumping the gun by not giving any of the candidates a chance to dispute the election.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #25

Post by nobspeople »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:26 am
Miles wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:05 pm

On Jan. 6, the Congress counts the electoral college and declares a winner. That's when the elections are officially validated. Those who were insisting that the elections were over on the night that the states announced their election results were clearly in the wrong, and jumping the gun by not giving any of the candidates a chance to dispute the election.
I think most people are more than willing to allow one to challenge the unofficial results even if they hate the person challenging. The problem some seem to have is the screams of fraud and no evidence to support it according to the court system.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #26

Post by thomasdixon »

Trump being carried out of the White House

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #27

Post by thomasdixon »

Miles wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:38 pm .So, kind members, how do you think Trump will be handling his defeat in the coming months. Will he actually go ahead with an "intense legal fight"? Will he welcome the Bidens into the White House in January as is the custom? Will he even attend Biden's inauguration? Some TV pundits are doubtful.
most likely Trump will do what other dictators do in the same situation except unlike the Russian leader, he will not try the poison route. Most likely Trump will hire a hitman to take out Biden. I pray that this is not the case but it is within Trump’s mental thinking boundaries, at least as I see it. 8-)

historia
Prodigy

Post #28

Post by historia »

And yet, amazingly, those who said that the election was over and that Biden would win 306 electoral votes back in November managed to get that number exactly correct! What are the odds?

It's almost as if -- and bear with me here -- they knew that the process for finalizing the election after the states announced their results is just a formality, and that Trump's outlandish claims that the election was stolen, which he started making even before the election itself, were not based in reality.

Funny that.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #29

Post by AgnosticBoy »

historia wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:49 pm
And yet, amazingly, those who said that the election was over and that Biden would win 306 electoral votes back in November managed to get that number exactly correct! What are the odds?

It's almost as if -- and bear with me here -- they knew that the process for finalizing the election after the states announced their results is just a formality, and that Trump's outlandish claims that the election was stolen, which he started making even before the election itself, were not based in reality.

Funny that.
Trump was certainly wrong to claim election fraud before having adequate evidence. However, I refuse to dismiss his claims on the elections entirely for two reasons. One reason is that while he was making the claims, his teams were also investigating and gathering any evidence. While that is the backward thing to do, (make the claim and then investigate if it's true), but it is certainly possible to turn up evidence after an investigation or even after losing one or a few court cases. You unreasonably assumed that Trump would never (at any point in time) turn up any evidence and you did so before the legal deadline for him to produce that evidence. Not having evidence on Nov. 3 (election night), doesn't mean he won't get the evidence by December 8 or 14 (electoral college vote).

Another reason I don't dismiss Trump's claims of fraud is because my arguments are valid even if we take Trump out of the picture. The US elections lack oversight to catch some cheating and errors. I suspect many partisan people would only accept that conclusion when or if their candidate loses, but my claim is true no matter the winner or loser.
- Proud forum owner ∣ The Agnostic Forum

- As a non-partisan, I like to be on the side of truth. - AB

Diagoras
Guru

Post #30

Post by Diagoras »

[Replying to Miles in post #21]

It (Trump’s response) has gone pretty much as expected. He’s refused to concede (he’s psychologically incapable of admitting failure), he’s made increasingly outrageous, futile and implausible allegations of fraud - all the way up to the Supreme Court, now multiple times - and most tellingly, he managed to convince his numerous followers to donate to a ‘legal fight’ which actually just mainly goes to line his pocket. With Donald Trump, it’s all about enriching himself.

As long as he can continue the scam (bring in those donations), he’ll happily keep screaming ‘Fraud!’ - even past 20th January.

Note how unconcerned he is about the coronavirus pandemic and recent governmental cyberattacks. Both the kind of crisis that a President should be dealing with as an absolute priority. Instead, he’s either on the golf course, or on Twitter. What a truly dreadful, odious man.