Howdy y'all

If you have problems registering or logging in, post here

Moderator: Moderators

wasjoeyknothead

Howdy y'all

Post #1

Post by wasjoeyknothead »

Howdy.

I was once here signed in as joeyknothead, but they sent me upstate for a spell, and I done forgot me my password, which was linked to an old email account, and now here it is, I can't use my joeyknothead account, because I can't remember me my password.

I'd like to have my joeyknothead account back, but here I sit. I don't want folks thinking I'm someone I ain't, even if joeyknothead ain't my real name. My real name is John, but I got to being called Joe about who helped teach me to walk, though I'm shamed to say I don't remeber none of that. Seems like we lived down in Jacksonville at that time, and since we moved on and he didn't move with us, well how about that. Then the 'y' got added somewhere in there, but like my password, I can't it remember.

An ex old lady gave me the knothead part, cause she'd done been to college and everything, and knew what sized clothes I wear, such that I didn't have try em on, but could just hop right on in. How do girl's do such advanced math? I can do pythagoreus' theorem, but that ain't nothing to just looking at someone and knowing what size underwear they need. And then one day I went to fix breakfast, but come to find out out I can't no more fix breakfast than she can crank a lawnmower. But I love her all the same, it's just I'm kinda difficult to live with, cause living with me is kinda difficult. Heck, my last old lady quit me the day after they sent me up state. That's okay though, one of my grandgirls there, her eyes near pop out her head when I walk in the room. Her older sister is likely apt to just shoot me, but enough about that.

Is there some way I can convince y'all I'm who I say I am / was, such that I can go back to using that name?

otseng
Savant

Re: Howdy y'all

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Hey Joey! I've sent a new password to your email. Welcome back!

tam
Savant

Post #3

Post by tam »

Welcome back Joey (peace to you)!!

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Thanks otseng and the rest for the well wishes.

I'm out until another committal hearing on the 30th of April. Pending a year of group home / therapy, but my caseworker says my recent stint might count for me because I voluntarily had myself committed and was a good boy - no infractions for like three years, and that last infraction was sneaking me a cigarette into my room and smoking it, which was considered a minor deal.

Can't wait to get this all behind me.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #6

Post by myth-one.com »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:42 pm Thanks otseng and the rest for the well wishes.

I'm out until another committal hearing on the 30th of April. Pending a year of group home / therapy, but my caseworker says my recent stint might count for me because I voluntarily had myself committed and was a good boy - no infractions for like three years, and that last infraction was sneaking me a cigarette into my room and smoking it, which was considered a minor deal.

Welcome back my friend,

You'll always be JoeyKnothead to me, John.

Don't know what you're going through, but can't imagine that a return to debating would do anything other than help you.

I kinda remember some comment you wrote to me once about an article I wrote entitled "The Value of Life."

Your comments really made my day.

Welcome back,
Myth-one.com :D

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by JoeyKnothead »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:42 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:42 pm Thanks otseng and the rest for the well wishes.

Welcome back my friend,

Don't know what you're going through, but can't imagine that a return to debating would do anything other than help you.

I kinda remember some comment you wrote to me once about an article I wrote entitled "The Value of Life."

Welcome back,
Among others, your patient, wisdomful responses to my dooficity has helped me a bunch. I can't brag on you enough. I remember flinging at you with meanness and hatred and vitriol, and a whole bunch of all that. But you kept your peace and kindness through it all. It's like you never gave up on me.

It's quite embarrassing really, my carrying on. But I never sensed you pittied me. You just kept your space, and gave me mine.

I have no right to call you friend.

But I do.

Come to find out, folks who don't smoke, well don't it beat all, they call smellem them that do.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #8

Post by myth-one.com »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:05 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:42 pm

Welcome back my friend,

Welcome back,
Among others, your patient, wisdomful responses to my dooficity has helped me a bunch. I can't brag on you enough. I remember flinging at you with meanness and hatred and vitriol, and a whole bunch of all that. But you kept your peace and kindness through it all. It's like you never gave up on me.

It's quite embarrassing really, my carrying on. But I never sensed you pittied me. You just kept your space, and gave me mine.

I have no right to call you friend.

But I do.

Come to find out, folks who don't smoke, well don't it beat all, they call smellem them that do.
Apparently, both of us profited from our arguments!

I'm STILL trying to become that person my dog thinks I am. I don't expect I'll ever get there. God only knows.

And you have every right to call me friend! (I don't need to lose even one)

I am proud to call you friend!

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Purple Knight »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:05 pmCome to find out, folks who don't smoke, well don't it beat all, they call smellem them that do.
This is a great quote and works for all sorts of things. I believe I shall steal it.
wasjoeyknothead wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:54 amHow do girl's do such advanced math? I can do pythagoreus' theorem, but that ain't nothing to just looking at someone and knowing what size underwear they need.
The female human is supremely adapted to judge the male posterior, as the size and condition of it indicates health and ability to father offspring.

Unfortunately the human male's posterior does not inflate quite so much as the male frigatebird's throat sac, but it is provided as a similarly shaped example of the female-led mate selection behaviour on this planet.

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #10

Post by benchwarmer »

Purple Knight wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:00 pm Unfortunately the human male's posterior does not inflate quite so much as the male frigatebird's throat sac, but it is provided as a similarly shaped example of the female-led mate selection behaviour on this planet.
In my experience, it seems most male posterior's tend to have more of a deflating sound to them. Somehow it doesn't completely drive the females away. Another of life's mysteries and good news for the males among us.

I have no idea how saying 'Hi' to Joey turned into this.... sorry.... O:)

By the way, HI JoeyKnothead! Welcome back.