Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

tam
Savant

The Tree of Life

Post #1

Post by tam »

May you all have peace!

On another forum, someone had asked if Christ was the Tree of Life from the Garden. I responded on that forum, but thought I would also share the truth as my Lord Jaheshua has taught me, in here as well.

Christ is indeed the Tree of Life from the Garden (of Eden). If Adam and Eve had reached out and eaten from the Tree of Life in the Garden, they would have lived forever, yes? Well, Christ tells us that we must eat from HIM to have eternal life and so, to live forever (see John 6:32–58)… and He also tells us that He is the Life (see John 14:6; 11:25):

I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.”

I am the Resurrection and the Life.”

Some of those passages from John 6:

I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

and,

“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

God did not give us two different things from which we may eat and live forever. God gave us His Son: Christ Jaheshua (Jaheshua meaning JAH saves/savior of JAH). Christ is the Truth, the Way, and the Life (and so also the Tree of Life). The spirit reminds me that my dear Lord is also described as having branches in Him:

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the keeper of the vineyard. He cuts off every branch IN ME that bears no fruit, and every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes it to make it even more fruitful.”

Christ is the Tree of Life.

May anyone who wishes and may anyone who thirsts, “Come! Take the free gift of the water of life!”

Peace to you!

tam
Savant

Re: The Tree of Life

Post #11

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
William wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:36 pm
tam wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:49 pm Peace again to you,

[Replying to William in post #8]

Then that is something you added to the story, and then drew conclusions from what you added. There is no mention at all of a gate or a fence surrounding the Garden.
Not immediately as it was not necessary to mention it in the story until after Adam was kicked out and the guard was set in place.
It wasn't mentioned then either, William.

William
Savant

Post #12

Post by William »

[Replying to tam in post #12]
Then please describe to me if you will, why the guards were positioned as they were. [Genesis 3~24]

tam
Savant

Post #13

Post by tam »

Peace again to you,
William wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:42 pm [Replying to tam in post #12]
Then please describe to me if you will, why the guards were positioned as they were. [Genesis 3~24]
The Cherubim were there to guard the way back to the Tree of Life... AFTER... Adam and Eve ate from the "Tree of knowing good and bad" (and were no longer permitted to eat from the Tree of Life). There were no Cherubim guarding the way to the Tree of life BEFORE that happened; and there is absolutely no mention of a fence (before or after). If a fence had been present, what need would there have been for Cherubim to guard the way back to begin with?

William
Savant

Post #14

Post by William »

Universal Balance and Harmony
tam wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:53 pm Peace again to you,
William wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:42 pm [Replying to tam in post #12]
The Cherubim were there to guard the way back to the Tree of Life... AFTER... Adam and Eve ate from the "Tree of knowing good and bad" (and were no longer permitted to eat from the Tree of Life). There were no Cherubim guarding the way to the Tree of life BEFORE that happened; and there is absolutely no mention of a fence (before or after).

Lets work through the evidence then, my dear Watson...

My assertion was that the Garden must have been fenced as a way of protecting it from intrusion of wildlife [etc] which existed in the rest of the world outside of it. [this, before Adam gets booted]

The Guardians are positioned at a certain place, the place where Adam could leave the Garden from. That place was situated at the East of the Garden. Not any other point.
If a fence had been present, what need would there have been for Cherubim to guard the way back to begin with?
The fence must have been such that Adam could not have traversed it...the way in and out [East at the gate] must have required Guarding - perhaps the display of a flaming sword added to the security so that Adam would not be tempted to sneak back in...but whatever the reason, the gateway must have needed Guarding - at least temporarily.

Elementary stuff ...

tam
Savant

Post #15

Post by tam »

Peace again to you,

[Replying to William in post #15]

You have no evidence William; you're just adding elements to the story and then drawing conclusions on those elements that you added. Pretty much the same thing you have done in every other interaction we have had.

You're explanation doesn't even make sense (yet again). If the fence was such that Adam could not have traversed it then there would have been no need for Cherubim to guard the way back.

William
Savant

Post #16

Post by William »

tam wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:08 pm Peace again to you,

[Replying to William in post #15]

You have no evidence William; you're just adding elements to the story and then drawing conclusions on those elements that you added. Pretty much the same thing you have done in every other interaction we have had.

You're explanation doesn't even make sense (yet again). If the fence was such that Adam could not have traversed it then there would have been no need for Cherubim to guard the way back.
I am talking about a gateway entrance Tammy. There is no need for a gateway if there is no fence. There is no need for a guard if there is no fence, unless there are guards placed around the whole parameter of the Garden. That wasn't the case.

So no. I am NOT adding elements. I am explaining why guards were placed at that particular section of the garden [in the East].
If you have a better explanation for why that happened, do share...

tam
Savant

Post #17

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

[Replying to William in post #17]

William, I'm not going to keep going on about this with you. The explanation for the Cherubim is in the account. The fence (and whatever conclusions you have drawn from the fence that you have added) is not.

William
Savant

Post #18

Post by William »

tam wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 am Peace to you,

The explanation for the Cherubim is in the account. The fence (and whatever conclusions you have drawn from the fence that you have added) is not.
The explanation in the account is what I am bouncing off of Tammy. The Guard was placed at a particular point of the garden parameter.
That explanation tells us that the Garden must have been fenced. It does not tell us that the fence was built after Adam was booted. All that was required were the Guardians at the gate. Not all around the whole garden. Otherwise we would have been told that Cherubim were position around the whole garden, rather than at a specific place.

So, unless you have a better explanation, mine is the one which has Merit. Image

tam
Savant

Post #19

Post by tam »

One last time around William (peace again to you):
William wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:14 am

The explanation for the Cherubim is in the account. The fence (and whatever conclusions you have drawn from the fence that you have added) is not.
The explanation in the account is what I am bouncing off of Tammy.

You mean what you are adding to?
The Guard was placed at a particular point of the garden parameter.
Yes.
That explanation tells us that the Garden must have been fenced.
No it doesn't.

Your own explanation from earlier renders the 'fence' moot, meaningless, pointless.
It does not tell us that the fence was built after Adam was booted.

It does not tell us a fence was built at all.
All that was required were the Guardians at the gate.

What gate are you referring to?
Not all around the whole garden. Otherwise we would have been told that Cherubim were position around the whole garden, rather than at a specific place.
Are you confusing Cherubim (spirit beings) with gates?

William
Savant

Post #20

Post by William »

William wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:14 am

The explanation in the account is what I am bouncing off of Tammy.

You mean what you are adding to?
Don't be dishonest Tammy.
The Guard was placed at a particular point of the garden parameter.
It does not tell us a fence was built at all.
Then I ask you again to explain why the Guardians were set up at a particular point of the Garden parameter. What other explanation could it be?
All that was required were the Guardians at the gate.
Not all around the whole garden. Otherwise we would have been told that Cherubim were position around the whole garden, rather than at a specific place.
Are you confusing Cherubim (spirit beings) with gates?
Off course not. Guards are for gateways. Not gateways themselves.

But for now at least, you are not going to admit that, so what about other parts of my first post are you lacking agreement with?