The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

September 2021 will be the 60th anniversary of the Betty and Barney Hill incident.

Some may not have heard due to Covid coverage and or being aloof to other things outside their lives, but recently, the government of the USA has said the "released" 'tic tac' video of a UFO (UAP seems to be the term we're going with, now) are real, not any military craft known and may 'not be of this world'.

This is way more important to humanity, overall, than any pandemic (that will eventually pass). And what the public doesn't know is, that during one particular incident, a USO was also spotted, seemingly interacting with the UFOs above. (USOs aren't new - they've been around for a long time).

Roswell
Kecksburg
Aurora
Lancaster, New Hampshire

Why hasn't these incidents - specifically the tic tac and accompanying videos - made the news more?
Are governments trying to hide these type of things to prevent panic by the public?
What are your thoughts?
Last edited by nobspeople on Thu May 27, 2021 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #21

Post by Purple Knight »

Tcg wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:13 pm
Purple Knight wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:42 pmAbout 150,000 people die every day, and well over twice that many are born.
Which doesn't change the pain, anguish, and loss those who loved one or more of the 3.5+ million people who have died due to COVID-19 pandemic experience. Raw net/gain numbers don't change the reality of the human experience for those who do have empathy.
They do. I've seen it happen. From where I sit, I, the person who doesn't have empathy, see clearly, while the people who do have empathy are just vacillating with the wind, only empathising with the last thing they see because empathy is not infinite.

Remember AIDS? Yeah. No one does. That's still a thing. It infects two million new people a year and there are innocent babies born with it. This is a picture of an AIDS-related illness called noma. Link. This child had no say. None. And this is just one example of a horrible disease you can get from AIDS.

People with high empathy are quick to get offended at anything that is dismissive of the latest empathy fad. But to people with no empathy, empathy looks like nothing more than a fashion statement, and the latest fad is what looks dismissive of everything else.

Why were we not wearing masks or shutting down the economy for just the flu? It kills fewer people, but is there really a magic number of people who have to die before you get that golden ticket to your life being valuable and worthy of consideration? I guess those people committed the fashion faux-pas of wearing last season's fab outfit.

Why aren't there people going to developing countries and spaying/neutering anyone with AIDS? If people were willing to take the same sort of bold, behaviour-restricting action with AIDS, there would be no AIDS. Just prevent people with the HIV virus from copulating or breeding. If it's right to invade freedom to prevent suffering and death, where's the threshold and why not all the time? Who decides the threshold and how? Why should they have that privilege and others not?

Tcg
Savant

Post #22

Post by Tcg »

Purple Knight wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:17 pm
Remember AIDS? Yeah. No one does. That's still a thing. It infects two million new people a year and there are innocent babies born with it. This is a picture of an AIDS-related illness called noma. This child had no say. None. And this is just one example of a horrible disease you can get from AIDS.
Of course I remember AIDS and realize that it too is a pandemic that has not simply passed away. Now what does this have to do with COVID-19 and UAPs?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #23

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #20]

I don't know anything about VOA News, but this concise video covers many of the details we are discussing:

Tcg

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #24

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to Tcg in post #21]
Yes, a number mentioned a June release by the Pentagon, but not a specific date. Apparently, a report is due to the Senate as well.
Last I heard there was an 'expected delay'. So we shall see :D
Perhaps it is because no one can explain exactly what they are. We've had an overload of what I consider to be fabrications at worst or exaggerations at best. Then we have some credible evidence of something, but we don't know what that something is. I think the lackluster response may be due to the over-reporting of non-credible reports in the past. Now we have something credible, but it gets confused with the previous sensational reports.
That's probably very true, unfortunately.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #25

Post by nobspeople »

An update on the UAPs - looks like the report is coming 6/25

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-evidence- ... 29252.html

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #26

Post by benchwarmer »

nobspeople wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:44 am An update on the UAPs - looks like the report is coming 6/25

Imagine the global dread if one of the released items had a clear image of Jar Jar Binks looking out a port hole :D

I'm honestly more worried about earth bound military build ups in proximity to each other. If there really are advanced civilizations visiting us and they meant us harm, it would be over already. Anyone capable of visiting our planet would have technology so far advanced to us we just have to hope they are on our side. If they want us gone, they will just do it. What are we going to do?

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #27

Post by nobspeople »

benchwarmer wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:02 pm
nobspeople wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:44 am An update on the UAPs - looks like the report is coming 6/25

Imagine the global dread if one of the released items had a clear image of Jar Jar Binks looking out a port hole :D

I'm honestly more worried about earth bound military build ups in proximity to each other. If there really are advanced civilizations visiting us and they meant us harm, it would be over already. Anyone capable of visiting our planet would have technology so far advanced to us we just have to hope they are on our side. If they want us gone, they will just do it. What are we going to do?
Agreed. But you bring up a point I've heard too often (bolded above).
It strikes me so often that this is where so many of humanity's minds go - to the 'negative'. I'm not calling you out, dear benchwarmer, just using your comment to branch off to another POV:
Why do so many humans think this? Why not say "If they're advanced, maybe they've already helped us and are planning on helping us move forward?" or the like. To be fair, we still hear this today among abductees, but nothing like we heard in the 70s.

It seems to be one of the, if not THE, first reaction so many times (not just in this topic, but in general). Is it truly humanity's fate to continue to pursue the negative of life?
Again, not pointing fingers at anyone specifically, just wondering in general.

Tcg
Savant

Post #28

Post by Tcg »

nobspeople wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:00 pm

It strikes me so often that this is where so many of humanity's minds go - to the 'negative'. I'm not calling you out, dear benchwarmer, just using your comment to branch off to another POV:
Why do so many humans think this? Why not say "If they're advanced, maybe they've already helped us and are planning on helping us move forward?" or the like. To be fair, we still hear this today among abductees, but nothing like we heard in the 70s.

It seems to be one of the, if not THE, first reaction so many times (not just in this topic, but in general). Is it truly humanity's fate to continue to pursue the negative of life?
In this case, I think it is a natural reaction. One of the pilots interviewed concerning a radar sighting, not sure if it was Tic Tac, described her feeling of defenselessness over viewing what appears to be extremely advanced technology.

Perhaps this can be compared to a bear sighting. If you see them from some distance there's not much to fear, but imagine rounding the corner of a wooded trail and facing a 400 pound Grizzly with her cubs. Fear would be the natural reaction. In most cases humans feel they are the top predator. Absent weapons, they wouldn't be if this happened.

With the radar sightings we have the added element of the unknown. As far as I know, none of these UAPs have caused any damage or provided anything helpful. If, however, these sightings are a result of highly advanced craft, they'd almost certain have the ability to cause great harm. At this point we have no evidence of them doing anything either harmful or helpful. I would think a healthy bit of caution is in order.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #29

Post by nobspeople »

Tcg wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:18 pm

In this case, I think it is a natural reaction. One of the pilots interviewed concerning a radar sighting, not sure if it was Tic Tac, described her feeling of defenselessness over viewing what appears to be extremely advanced technology.

Perhaps this can be compared to a bear sighting. If you see them from some distance there's not much to fear, but imagine rounding the corner of a wooded trail and facing a 400 pound Grizzly with her cubs. Fear would be the natural reaction. In most cases humans feel they are the top predator. Absent weapons, they wouldn't be if this happened.

With the radar sightings we have the added element of the unknown. As far as I know, none of these UAPs have caused any damage or provided anything helpful. If, however, these sightings are a result of highly advanced craft, they'd almost certain have the ability to cause great harm. At this point we have no evidence of them doing anything either harmful or helpful. I would think a healthy bit of caution is in order.

Tcg
True, caution would be (should be?) necessary. But, to me, being cautious is a lot different than thinking of 'death and destruction'. That said, that (death and destruction) is a real possibility, and has played out throughout history many times. Maybe that's what's causing this thinking? Instinct, if you will.

Tcg
Savant

Post #30

Post by Tcg »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:31 am
Tcg wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:18 pm

Tcg
True, caution would be (should be?) necessary. But, to me, being cautious is a lot different than thinking of 'death and destruction'. That said, that (death and destruction) is a real possibility, and has played out throughout history many times. Maybe that's what's causing this thinking? Instinct, if you will.
I think it is, at least in part. Experience and knowledge of history play a part as well when we consider how humans have used advanced technology in some cases. The U.S. Civil war is an example. Now we think of the muskets, canons, mortars, etc. used as rather primitive, but at the time they were cutting edge. The Battle of Antietam alone accounted for some 22,000 casualties.

Also the horror of the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The estimates vary, but these resulted in perhaps 200,000 deaths or more.

These just scratch the surface, but when humans have advanced technology, they sometimes use it in horrific ways. We don't yet know what's behind these UAP sightings, but if they are the result of advanced technology we have reason to fear that it may be used in destructive ways. If the source is human technology, the examples we have of its use in the past include the the possible result of death and destruction. If it is extraterrestrial technology the same result is possible. There is no reason to conclude unquestionably that the aliens who possess this technology have advanced beyond the use of violence.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom