1 Col 3:17

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

1 Col 3:17

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
JWs and friends:

Why would I thank God through a not God being?

Why would all my words and deeds be in the name of a not God being?

When did the Shema get dropped? If I thought Jesus was not God I would consider the NT blasphemy of the worst kind.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Re: 1 Col 3:17

Post #11

Post by Wootah »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:26 pm
PinSeeker wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:52 pm
Jesus is 100 percent of the Father... and 100 percent of man. This is the only way He can be our Mediator (as Hebrews is crystall clear on).

I dont know what you mean by the above but if it is that the resurrected Christ is presently equal in power and position to The Father, then please provide the reference.
The issue is that if he is not equal then what is he doing standing between man and God? Total blasphemy.

Every word and deed for God or for a not God being you call Jesus?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to Wootah in post #9]
Exactly what I said: there is no need for Jesus to be God to ask God through him. You can say what you want; very different is that you have proved with any Scripture what you say.

I have shown you people who were intermediaries between God and men who were not God-men. For example, as I just said, in the Bible, Moses is the mediator of the covenant of the Law, and Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant (Gal 3:19; 1Ti 2:5) ... Scripture says so, and you ignore it.

Gal. 3:19 Why, then, the Law? It was added to make transgressions manifest, until the offspring should arrive to whom the promise had been made; and it was transmitted through angels by the hand of a mediator.

Heb. 8:6 But now Jesus has obtained a more excellent ministry because he is also the mediator of a correspondingly better covenant, which has been legally established on better promises.
... 12:24 and Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and the sprinkled blood, which speaks in a better way than Abel’s blood.

A mediator between God and men ... It is obvious you do not understand what that means.

Gal. 3:20 Now there is no mediator when just one person is involved, but God is only one.

The reality about being a mediator is just the opposite of how you want to draw it: a mediator between God and men cannot be God as you try to say in this topic. Whether or not you accept what the Scripture says is up to you.

Wootah
Savant

Post #13

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to Eloi in post #13]

OK. Well it's not on topic sorry.

This isn't mediation between man and God. This is every thought and deed.

Many religious groups say that the clerics, or priests or leaders are the only ones that are allowed to interpret and mediate between you and God. None of that is good.
Last edited by Wootah on Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to Wootah in post #2]
There is no topic when there is no biblical demonstration. There is only personal speculation.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Eloi »

Wootah said:
"Many religious groups say that the clerics, or priests or leaders are the only ones that are allowed to interpret and mediate between you and God. None of that is good."
It must be because the Bible says that not everyone is a teacher ... even if they want to. You never read it?

1 Cor. 12:29 Not all are apostles, are they? Not all are prophets, are they? Not all are teachers, are they? Not all perform powerful works, do they?

Of course, that organizational system only works when an organization really exists. Those who go on their own cannot understand these things.

And since you talk about it in your topic: Do you think the real people of God is an ORGANIZATION?

Wootah
Savant

Post #16

Post by Wootah »

Eloi wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:38 pm Wootah said:
"Many religious groups say that the clerics, or priests or leaders are the only ones that are allowed to interpret and mediate between you and God. None of that is good."
It must be because the Bible says that not everyone is a teacher ... even if they want to. You never read it?

1 Cor. 12:29 Not all are apostles, are they? Not all are prophets, are they? Not all are teachers, are they? Not all perform powerful works, do they?

Of course, that organizational system only works when an organization really exists. Those who go on their own cannot understand these things.

And since you talk about it in your topic: Do you think the real people of God is an ORGANIZATION?
According to your logic there is no point in reading the Bible because whatever I read I am not allowed to interpret unless there is a mediator. It's an argument from authority fallacy.

We are a body, not an organisation.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to Wootah in post #17]
You are confusing mediator with interpreter. Start by understanding the difference. Then we talk.

PD: That must be why not everyone can be a teacher.

Wootah
Savant

Post #18

Post by Wootah »

Eloi wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:31 am [Replying to Wootah in post #17]
You are confusing mediator with interpreter. Start by understanding the difference. Then we talk.

What's your thoughts on the topic? Do you often let not God beings get between you and God? Seems like idol worship to me?

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to Wootah in post #19]
About the topic: there is not 1 Col 3:17 in the Bible.

Wootah
Savant

Post #20

Post by Wootah »

Wootah wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:36 am
Eloi wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:31 am [Replying to Wootah in post #17]

What's your thoughts on the topic? Do you often let not God beings get between you and God? Seems like idol worship to me?
Furhter on this. Muslims worship towards Mecca and walk around a black rock but they don't call that idol worship. Are you using the same cognitive dissonance trick to justify something similar?