Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #1

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

First off, let me preface this by saying the following..

1. As mentioned on another thread, I have many years invested in dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's), from family, to friends, to strangers. I am very familiar with them and their theology.

2. I am beginning a series of threads attacking their "Christian" theology and doctrine. This one, as titled, deals with Jehovah's Witnesses and their false prophecies.

3. I have beef with, not only JW's, but ANYONE of whom I believe to be spreading false Christian doctrine. This includes, but not limited to...

A.) Mormons
B.) Catholics
C.) World Mission Society Church of God
D.) Hebrew Israelites

Jehovah's Witnesses are just one of many false Christian denominations. But, we are talking about Jehovah's Witnesses for now.

So, the question is ultimately; Why do I feel as if Jehovah's Witnesses are false teachers? There are many reasons, and one of those reasons is their many failed attempts at predicting prophecy.

Before I continue on post #2, keep in mind that future threads in this series will go straight to the gusto, with no preface.

Just FYI.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #141

Post by JehovahsWitness »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:16 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #119]

... I think I've said all I need to say on the matter.
Fair enough.

Did you find your bible for the list of #10? When do you plan to start presenting some scriptural evidence.
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:07 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm
And what are the "false Christian doctrine[s]" you believe Jehovah's Witnesses are spreading?
Lets see...

1. Nontrinitarian view of God
2. Against military service
3. Lack of holiday celebration (which includes birthdays).
4. Paradise earth, but no heaven [STRAWMAN : JWs do believe in heaven]
5. Disbelief in the immortal soul
6. Jesus is Michael the Archangel
7. Disbelief in a literal hell
8. A second chance for disbelievers
9. False prophecies/predictions [already debunked]
10. Jehovah's Witnesses are God's chosen organization
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm So far all I can see is grandeous statements, inflamatory opinion, straw man arguments and a notable lack of scripture. Did you leave your bible in the car?
Notations MINE

There are not ONE scriptures in your post. All the above are entirely scripurally sound positions. You have yet to prove any of them "false".
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:16 pmIn about a day or so, I move on to other errors of their (JW's) ways.
Oh... so you seriously feel you have supported your claim by simply listing them?!

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #142

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:13 pm

But I there is also repetition of you asking for things that I maintain will be addressed on other threads. Please be patient.
Yes well usually people raise a point, support it and we debate it. I appreciate it may take time to go and cut and paste from an anti-witness websites but as I said earlier ...
Maybe it would be best for your credibility to refrain from statements and claims until you are ready to present proof to support them.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #143

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:44 pm ...you provided Isaiah (43:10) which says nothing about the WTS as we know it today...
You didnt ask about the WTS you asked about Jehovah's Witnesses.

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:23 am
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:47 amThe Bible makes no mention of Jehovah's Witnesses being God's organization, period.
... Isaiah 43:10. Period.
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:44 pm ...you provided Isaiah (43:10) which was talking about the nation of Israel (in context).
True. So? You claimed the bible made no mention of Jehovahs Witnesses being God's Organisation. Isaiah 43:10 proves otherwise.
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:44 pm

One would have to be completely naïve to conclude that Isaiah 43:10 is addressing the JW's ....

Not at all since it directly speaks about JEHOVAH addressing his Witnesses.

ISAIAH 43:10 - Young's Literal Translation

Ye are My witnesses, an affirmation of Jehovah, And My servant whom I have chosen, So that ye know and give credence to Me, And understand that I am He, Before Me there was no God formed, And after Me there is none.

RELATED POSTS
Where do Jehovah's Witnesses get their name?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 65#p917665

What is the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 41#p898341

What year as the WBTS formed?
viewtopic.php?p=1022875#p1022875

Are all of Jehovahs Witnesses part of the Watchtower Society? [WTS]
viewtopic.php?p=1045242#p1045242
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

ORGANISATION, ORGANISATIONAL INFALLIBILITY and ...RELIGIOUS TRUTH and ...
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #144

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:58 am
And as I demonstrated with a quotation from the sourse "opinion"/"belief". You counterargument is in fact simply repetition. The publishers explicitly state their theological position and your addition quotation do not demonstrate any deviation from their originally stated position.
No, it isnt simply repetition. What I provided is clear, at least to me, that those publications are giving more than just mere opinions.

You provided where they state that they are in fact giving their opinions on such matters.

So what we have here is blatant contradictions.

When the prophecy is years/decades away from being fulfilled, we see the bold "this is precisely what will happen" kind of statements.

But as the given time draws nearer, it turns to "this is what we believe will happen".

Then once the given time comes to past and nothing happens, it becomes "we never claimed our interpretation was divinely inspired", despite calling yourselves prophets and as we all know, real prophets are in fact divinely inspired.

It is just one big game of passing yourself off as a prophet of God, and then gaslighting people to either make them think that what you said wasn't what they thought you meant, or rather what you said wasn't actually what you said.

It is all a satanic, narcissistic, mind controlling game.

A game that I don't play.

"The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic." -Watchtower August 15, 1950, page 263.

"The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)" - February 15, 1981, page 19.

Prove me wrong with evidence, if you can.

JW
I can counter all of your WT quotes, with contradictory quotes of my own.

So all we are left with is contradictions and backpedaling.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #145

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:08 pm
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:07 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm
And what are the "false Christian doctrine[s]" you believe Jehovah's Witnesses are spreading?
Lets see...

1. Nontrinitarian view of God
2. Against military service
3. Lack of holiday celebration (which includes birthdays).
4. Paradise earth, but no heaven [STRAWMAN : JWs do believe in heaven]
5. Disbelief in the immortal soul
6. Jesus is Michael the Archangel
7. Disbelief in a literal hell
8. A second chance for disbelievers
9. False prophecies/predictions [already debunked]
10. Jehovah's Witnesses are God's chosen organization
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm So far all I can see is grandeous statements, inflamatory opinion, straw man arguments and a notable lack of scripture. Did you leave your bible in the car?
Notations MINE

There are not ONE scriptures in your post. All the above are entirely scripurally sound positions. You have yet to prove any of them "false".
Do you think that in a debate forum your just listing something and declaring it "FALSE" consitutes evidence?

Dismissed
Trying to figure out what part of "threads coming soon" don't you understand.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #146

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:47 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:58 am
And as I demonstrated with a quotation from the sourse "opinion"/"belief". You counterargument is in fact simply repetition. The publishers explicitly state their theological position and your addition quotation do not demonstrate any deviation from their originally stated position.
No, it isnt simply repetition. What I provided is clear, at least to me, that those publications are giving more than just mere opinions.
That is not the case, you are wrong. This point has already been fully addressed.

"The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic." -Watchtower August 15, 1950, page 263.

"The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)" - February 15, 1981, page 19.
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:47 pmI can counter all of your WT quotes, with contradictory quotes of my own.
None of the Watchtower quotes contradict their own clearly stated mission statements(above in brown). You claim to be able to prove otherwise; so far you have not.

JW

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #147

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:22 pm

I agree.

Now....If you have found your bible, you might like to dust it off and try and prove me wrong with it.
Up til now There is not ONE scriptures in your post above . All the above beliefs of Jehovahs Witnesses are entirely scripurally sound. You have yet to prove any of them "false".
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bibles ... ers/%3famp

I guess following false teachers is fine with you. It isnt with me. Me and the Bible tend to agree, that false teachers/teachings is a bad thing and should be avoided.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #148

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:01 pm Me and the Bible tend to agree ...
I see no evidence of that, indeed you rarely refer to it and you have not yet managed to prove any of your claims using the bible.
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #149

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:11 pm
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:04 pm
"Through this agency (Jehovah's Witnesses) he is having carried out prophesying" [WT June 15, 64

I hate to imply anyone does not know basic grammar but ....pronouns

- Jehovah: he
- Jehovah's Witnesses : they
- [God's /an] organisation: it

You're most welcome

JW
Your distinctions here are irrelevant, because the context of what is said doesn't change one bit.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #150

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:14 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:11 pm
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:04 pm
"Through this agency (Jehovah's Witnesses) he is having carried out prophesying" [WT June 15, 64

I hate to imply anyone does not know basic grammar but ....pronouns

- Jehovah: he

- Jehovah's Witnesses : they
- [God's /an] organisation: it

You're most welcome

JW
Your distinctions here are irrelevant, because the context of what is said doesn't change one bit.

The context has been fully address you claim has been debunked. HERE
viewtopic.php?p=1045280#p1045280

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.