Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #1

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

First off, let me preface this by saying the following..

1. As mentioned on another thread, I have many years invested in dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's), from family, to friends, to strangers. I am very familiar with them and their theology.

2. I am beginning a series of threads attacking their "Christian" theology and doctrine. This one, as titled, deals with Jehovah's Witnesses and their false prophecies.

3. I have beef with, not only JW's, but ANYONE of whom I believe to be spreading false Christian doctrine. This includes, but not limited to...

A.) Mormons
B.) Catholics
C.) World Mission Society Church of God
D.) Hebrew Israelites

Jehovah's Witnesses are just one of many false Christian denominations. But, we are talking about Jehovah's Witnesses for now.

So, the question is ultimately; Why do I feel as if Jehovah's Witnesses are false teachers? There are many reasons, and one of those reasons is their many failed attempts at predicting prophecy.

Before I continue on post #2, keep in mind that future threads in this series will go straight to the gusto, with no preface.

Just FYI.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #161

Post by JehovahsWitness »

tam wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:50 pm Using Daniel 4 to support the end of 'the times of the gentiles' is also a big mishmash of interpretation
Thanks for your opinion. Unless you're Jesus Christ himself I can take it or leave it. You offered no alternative explaination for the Gentile Times, so ... I'll leave it. ( I also do not hold to the timeline of your interpretation of end time events).

Thanks anyway

JW

RELATED POSTS

If Jesus has been ruling since 1914 why have there been no significant improvements in world conditions?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 72#p883772

Did Jesus do nothing prior to 1914?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 22#p883622

What does the bible mean when it says that "every eye will see" Jesus?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 50#p874750

For more on this topic please go to other posts related to...

THE GENTILE TIMES , LAST DAYS and ...THE SECOND COMING *
*The Return of Christ
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

tam
Savant

Post #162

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:41 pm
tam wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:34 pm

Yet the above reasoning is the interpretation of men who admittedly interpret according to their own beliefs and opinions (as you have said)?

No, they interpret according to scripture. They are of the opinon/they believe that is what Gods word says.
So they are saying that it is their opinion and their belief that the interpretations they are presenting are what the bible says (though God's Word is Christ). That is no different than any other religion. But as admitted, they can and do make mistakes in their interpretations and their predictions. So if they present an interpretation that teaches people NOT to do something that Christ said TO do (something He even said one needed to do or they would have no life in themselves), their interpretation must be wrong. Why listen to them over Christ?
Christ's words are clear, yes. What is also clear is that neither Christ nor the apostles taught what the WTS/JW religion is teaching on this matter.

From your links:

JW said: If Jesus has been ruling since 1914 why have there been no significant improvements in world conditions?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 72#p883772

Response here: viewtopic.php?p=888205#p888205

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #163

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to We_Are_VENOM in post #145]
It is all a satanic, narcissistic, mind controlling game.
Moderator Comment

This kind of comment violates the forum Rules on remaining civil in debates. You can disagree without calling another religion's practices a "satanic game", which could be interpreted as a direct insult.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics..
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #164

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to Checkpoint in post #102]

It seems you will not be replying to this post.

I think that is quite understandable in view of the work pressures this thread is putting you under.

So I repeat my questions, in the hope that a few answers will come, from both JWs and non-JW Christians.
For me, at least, it sparks two questions.

1. Is the 2520 years an accurate figure that results from a proper use of the "times" combination?
Note:

This refers to a Daniel prophecy that Jesus referred to.

See:
Daniel 12:7

And the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, raised his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by Him who lives forever, saying, "It will be for a time, and times, and half a time. When the power of the holy people has finally been shattered, all these things will be completed."

Luke 21:24

And Jerusalem will be trodden down by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #165

Checkpoint wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:50 am [Replying to Checkpoint in post #102]

It seems you will not be replying to this post.

I think that is quite understandable in view of the work pressures this thread is putting you under.

Its not a matter of time or pressure, I'm grateful for an opportunity to post on this topic. I have posted our own current understanding of THE GENTILE TIMES and explained it as best I can. I do not wish to go back and forth with people who evidently do not themselves have any explaination for the scriptures under examination nor do I wish to answer questions I see as pointless, overly vague or just plain garbled.

If you think there is an error in the Jehovahs Witness interpretation of any given passage, you might like to post a detailed explanation of what the correct understanding is and submit yourself to the same cross examination you seem to be seeking from me.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

For more on this topic please go to other posts related to...

THE GENTILE TIMES , 1914 and ...THE SECOND COMING *
*The Return of Christ

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #166

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:22 am If you think there is an error in the Jehovahs Witness interpretation of any given passage, you might like to post a detailed explanation of what the correct understanding is and submit yourself to the same cross examination you seem to be seeking from me.
Or, we can simply admit we don't have a clear understanding of the passage in question, while at the same time scrutinizing those who claim to be the "truth" with their wishy washy interpretations which beared no fruitful results.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #167

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:08 pm
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:01 pm Me and the Bible tend to agree ...
I see no evidence of that, indeed you rarely refer to it and you have not yet managed to prove any of your claims using the bible.
Um, you were provided a link as it pertains to Bible verses about false teachers.

You asked for scriptures, and you were given scriptures.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #168

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:31 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:08 pm
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:01 pm Me and the Bible tend to agree ...
I see no evidence of that, indeed you rarely refer to it and you have not yet managed to prove any of your claims using the bible.
Um, you were provided a link as it pertains to Bible verses about false teachers.

You asked for scriptures, and you were given scriptures.

I did not simply ask for scriptures, I asked you (not someone else) to use your bible to prove any of your claims that Jehovahs Witnesses have teachings that are unbiblical.

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:07 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm
And what are the "false Christian doctrine[s]" you believe Jehovah's Witnesses are spreading?
Lets see...

1. Nontrinitarian view of God
2. Against military service
3. Lack of holiday celebration (which includes birthdays).
4. Paradise earth, but no heaven [STRAWMAN : JWs do believe in heaven]
5. Disbelief in the immortal soul
6. Jesus is Michael the Archangel
7. Disbelief in a literal hell
8. A second chance for disbelievers
9. False prophecies/predictions [already debunked]
10. Jehovah's Witnesses are God's chosen organization
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm So far all I can see is grandeous statements, inflamatory opinion, straw man arguments and a notable lack of scripture. Did you leave your bible in the car?
Notations MINE
There are not ONE scriptures in your post. All the above are entirely scripurally sound positions. You have yet to prove any of them "false".

You have yet to do the above.

JW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #169

Post by onewithhim »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:01 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:22 pm

I agree.

Now....If you have found your bible, you might like to dust it off and try and prove me wrong with it.
Up til now There is not ONE scriptures in your post above . All the above beliefs of Jehovahs Witnesses are entirely scripurally sound. You have yet to prove any of them "false".
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bibles ... ers/%3famp

I guess following false teachers is fine with you. It isnt with me. Me and the Bible tend to agree, that false teachers/teachings is a bad thing and should be avoided.
What false teaching?? JWs have taught the truth about spurious hell-fire, the false doctrine of the immortality of the soul, that Jehovah is the true God, that Paradise on Earth is to be re-instated, and many other things that are scripturally sound. We have shown how those topics are to be truthfully understood, and JehovahsWitness has offered innumerable links to sound arguments. You are just hung up on the word "prophet," and that has been explained also. Anyway, I believe that JWs are the only true witnesses of the true God and have been teaching the truth. You can't decimate their scripturally sound teachings.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #170

Post by onewithhim »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:14 pm
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:04 pm
"Through this agency (Jehovah's Witnesses) he is having carried out prophesying" [WT June 15, 64

OWH responds:

JWs have "carried out prophesying" in the sense that they have brought people's attention to the prophesying that is already in the Scriptures. They do not and have not claimed to have new revelations from God.