Is There A Double Standard?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

bluegreenearth
Guru

Is There A Double Standard?

Post #1

Post by bluegreenearth »

When reviewing various arguments from theists and non-theists, I often wonder if the people launching objections to these arguments on either side of the debate would apply the same level of skepticism towards their own arguments. Please describe a real-world scenario you've experienced where a non-theist or theist failed to apply the same level of skepticism towards their own argument as they did for the counter-argument. Alternatively, describe a real-world scenario you've experienced where the objection to an argument offered by a non-theist or theist also applied to the counter-argument but was unjustifiably ignored or dismissed.

The debate will be whether a double standard was most likely exhibited in the described scenario or not.

If a double standard was exhibited, was it justifiable and how?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Is There A Double Standard?

Post #441

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:29 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:25 am It seems as if my target doesn't want to address the following, as several attempts to get such addressed have come up empty, so I'll put it to the observer...

I was alive during the time of Bugs Bunny.
I was alive during the time of Martin Luther King Junior.

Do you beleive me when I say Bugs Bunny was a real, physical, walking and breathing being?
Do you believe me when I say Martin Luther King Junior rose from the dead?

Why might my target wish to avoid answering these questions, that we might better understand "double standards" - the topic of this OP?

Are the answers too embarrassing? Too revealing? Just why might these questions / answers be so problematic to someone, anyone, who believes claims presented by ancients, who are unavailable for cross examination?

In a thread about double standards?
Here's your double standard folks.

When a question about Bugs Bunny silences a claimant, well how bout that!

Here we go.

How bout having to repeatedly put these questions to capital R "Realworld"jack, only to have silence be the soundest indicator of double standards since some olympic teams tied em them both up in em them the doublestandardsparallelbars?

Look back through the thread. See where where capital R "Realworld"jack declared his belief that the ancients tole em them the truth.

Then compare that to capital R "Realworld"jack's refusal tro answere these questions.

Or, just consider...

The liar lies, and the preacher preaches!

Here's your double standard!

What about these questions creates suxh fear and loathing, that capital R "Realworld"jaxk just can't come to recognize em, much less to answer em?

The god concept is a coping mechanism (we all havem, religious or not). When answers ain't readily available, the god concept comes into play.

When questions are too upsetting, the god concept ignores those questions. The god concept only ever offers 'answers' the questiones the questioner is proud ro ask, or to have answered.

What, in all of holy creation, is the problem with asking about if Bugs Bunny is real?

What, in all of holy creation, is the problem in asking if it's to be believed Martin Luther King Junior rose him up from the dead?

Here's what it is...

Capital R "Realworld"jack wants you, observer, wants us all, to think that ressurrectioning is real.

Capital R "Realworld"jack wants us to believe that it's rational to believe that dead folks ain't em really dead, that his most favorite person beat em them the odds.

Capital R "Realworld"jack wants you to accept his arguments - completely blind to his abject refusal to address my own.

Frankly, I'm set to think capital R "Realworld"jack is Bugs Bunny himself!

What's so danged problematic about answering these questions?

They expose capital R "Realworld"jack's double standards!
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin