Life is Meaningless And....

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

Life is Meaningless And....

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

The only real meaning to be had in life is momentary - This Moment, whether you value your life or the life of others. That's it.

But it shouldn't depress you -- because every Moment is fresh, living and Unique. Regardless the outward conditions.

Even if you are trapped in some prison and feel there is no point to your life -- you may have people you love who would love for you to live or see you after your stint in hell is done. So life has meaning then. Meaning for those alive, still.

Otherwise, it is up to you what call to make. Keep in mind though that Heaven ain't hard to find. It is this Moment.

You just have to drop all your useless concepts and BE HERE NOW.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Miles
Savant

Re: Life is Meaningless And....

Post #2

Post by Miles »

Dimmesdale wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:31 pm The only real meaning to be had in life is momentary - This Moment, whether you value your life or the life of others. That's it.
Perhaps for you, but for myself the "meaning of life"---the significance of living or existence in general---rests in experiencing its unpredictable variations and interacting with them.

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #3

Post by Dimmesdale »

Miles wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:22 pm
Dimmesdale wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:31 pm The only real meaning to be had in life is momentary - This Moment, whether you value your life or the life of others. That's it.
Perhaps for you, but for myself the "meaning of life"---the significance of living or existence in general---rests in experiencing its unpredictable variations and interacting with them.

Fair enough. But, even though you may arrange and experiment with the variations, you can only experience your joy in them moment by moment. Without the moment, the experiments, and all their layers and admixtures, are without meaning.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

Dimmesdale wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:24 pm

Fair enough. But, even though you may arrange and experiment with the variations, you can only experience your joy in them moment by moment. Without the moment, the experiments, and all their layers and admixtures, are without meaning.
And just how long is this "moment" suppose to be, because I've enjoyed concerts and movies for their entire length, and dates with women for hours on end; some well into the morning and beyond. In fact, I recall several "moments" that lasted over 24 hours each; one even lasting a whole weekend. Now that was some moment---didn't even get dressed to make our meals.

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #5

Post by Dimmesdale »

Miles wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:47 pm
Dimmesdale wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:24 pm

And just how long is this "moment" suppose to be, because I've enjoyed concerts and movies for their entire length, and dates with women for hours on end; some well into the morning and beyond. In fact, I recall several "moments" that lasted over 24 hours each; one even lasting a whole weekend. Now that was some moment---didn't even get dressed to make our meals.

That's interesting actually. I'm not sure what to make of it. How long is a moment exactly? What I'm saying is that you may cull together a lot of data points into a single experience -- and that experience is momentary, although it may be integrated with other moments which altogether make up a cohesive experience.

But... I dunno. I guess I'll leave it open.