Post by RightReason »

Has anyone else watched this series?

RightReason
Under Probation

Re: The Chosen

Post #11

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to Purple Knight in post #10]

I was kind of happy they didn’t get that far in the story because I’m really enjoying it and means there is so much more they can do.

Yeah, the wedding feast was a great scene. IMO, the miracle thought isn’t just about helping the couple save face. I also think it is meant to show how Jesus’ mother is always looking out for us and how Jesus loves to fulfill the requests of His mother. Also, I think the whole event shows how God does desire to give us a little wine in our lives. It demonstrates the importance of celebrations and how if something concerns us, it concerns God – even the little things. God is even a part of our parties!

And yes, good movies never have one-dimensional characters. No one is perfectly good and no one is completely evil.

We actually watched some of the extra footage surrounding the making of The Chosen and the director actually had round table discussions with a Protestant pastor, a Catholic priest, and Jewish rabbi. He asked each of them what they thought he got right and what they thought he got wrong. It was very interesting.

I think season 2 is supposed to come out around Easter time. I'm looking forward to it.

otseng
Savant

Post #12

Post by otseng »

I've finally started watching this. It started off slow, but I really like it! I would say this series is on par with the best of any series I've ever watched. Great casting, directing, acting, story line, plot development, costume, filming, ... pretty much everything was done top notch. But, the best part of all is it has really been encouraging and challenging me in my faith. I'd highly recommend watching it, for both believers and non-believers.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by Purple Knight »

Is Season 2 out yet? I liked it. I went ahead and bought season 1.

otseng
Savant

Post #14

Post by otseng »

Purple Knight wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:15 pm Is Season 2 out yet? I liked it. I went ahead and bought season 1.
It's available on pre-order:
https://thechosengifts.com/collections/ ... isodes-1-8