Are we ready?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Are we ready?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

For decades, there's been talk about extra terrestrial visitors on Earth. For centuries prior, sightings have been reported - some of which were seen as religious activity and depicted in art.
Recently, the government of the USA released a 'report' about UFOs (now called, UAPs by many). The report was less than a dozen pages, which is odd for any overly wordy governing body, and released on a Friday afternoon, close to the end of the day (which is what's been done when they want to downplay the issue at hand).
There are some that say aliens are here to destroy us (which, if the case, would likely have happened a while ago).
Then there are those that say aliens are here to 'enlighten' us.
Either way, both camps seem to be sure that we, the public, are ready for this.

For discussion:

Is the population of the world, today, ready for the admittance and introduction of life from outside our planet or maybe even this universe or dimension?

Would the world mostly come together or would chaos take over?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

benchwarmer
Guru

Re: Are we ready?

Post #2

Post by benchwarmer »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

I think we are certainly more ready than in the past to accept we are not alone in this universe. We now have the technology (albeit in a very limited way) to venture into space ourselves. If we were to reach a planet with other lifeforms, what would humans do? My guess is try to remain undetected and collect some 'samples'. Exactly what may be happening now to us. Who knows.

I do know that if an alien species is advanced enough to get here, any harm they wish to do to us will already be under way. If they want the planet for themselves, they simply have to engineer a virus and seed it into our atmosphere. Or, if they don't care about some damage, simply bombard the planet from space. What are we going to do?

Who knows, maybe WE are the aliens that have been planted here. We could be the ultimate science experiment that shows how evolution works. If we are, hopefully Jimmy gets an A and doesn't wipe out the "petri dish" when he's done.

Long story short, there's not much use in panicking about it until there is actually something to panic about. I guarantee there will be some chaos even if a completely benevolent species made itself known. Hopefully the majority of humanity would be more open minded.

Personally, I just want to go for a ride on the Millennium Falcon, though I think I'll pass on the chess game with Chewy :D

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to benchwarmer in post #2]
Who knows, maybe WE are the aliens that have been planted here.
Thanks for the response. The prior quoted sentence is a common thought among many, maybe based in the Sumerian story.

I look around, seeing so much negativity created by humanity (pollution, racism, wars, 'me first above all else' attitudes, torturing of animals and people, etc) and can't help but wonder if we're really ready to accept aliens on Earth that are significantly more advanced than humanity in every way.
But who knows - if aliens show up and say 'hey y'all what's up?' it might be the kick in the pants the human species needs to get its act together.

William
Savant

Post #4

Post by William »

For discussion:

Is the population of the world, today, ready for the admittance and introduction of life from outside our planet or maybe even this universe or dimension?

Would the introduction cause panic among the masses? That would depend upon how the introduction was carried out.

The expectation is certainly there but if what was expected did not happen as those who expect it to happen, there will be resistance.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:32 am
For discussion:

Would the introduction cause panic among the masses? That would depend upon how the introduction was carried out.

The expectation is certainly there but if what was expected did not happen as those who expect it to happen, there will be resistance.
How would the introduction need to go to prevent panic?

William
Savant

Post #6

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #5]

Perhaps that is the reason why - if there are intelligent lifeforms from outside our planet or maybe even this universe or dimension - this hasn't ever occurred en mass, but only occurs at individual levels of experience - or perhaps small groups of people - within the general population.

William
Savant

Post #7

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

I have to be able to put myself in the position of 'being of those kind who are from outside the planet [Earth]/this universe or dimension.'

How am I to achieve such a thing without some type of information to go by in order to have some bearing on what these beings are like, so to explain why those beings refrain from direct interaction with collective Humanity.

Fortunately, there is such information available, plus I have personally [subjectively] experienced both unusual behaving light sources in the night [early morning] sky and have been visited by what was obviously an 'alien' of some unworldly species, so for me these beings are not only possible, but matter of fact.

It still doesn't help anyone to know that of me, re the OPQ, but at least I can go off on a tangent based upon the information and think about how I would handle the Human Specie if I were Commander In Chief of the Alien Specie - of, lets say - the Zeta Reticuli species, to pick from one of the many Alien Species which are on record as allegedly existing.

It is not a random pick though. I choose it because my encounter was with one such entity of [related to] that Species, so I only know for sure that at least one entity of this one specie, exists.

Mind you, my visitor was not your classic looking ZR, as seen below;

The ZR I encountered was more human-looking, but had the grey skin and large eyes of the ZR.

And his skin was ancient looking - more ancient than human history. Not fresh and smooth and baby-like as the entity in the image above.

And he did have long fingers like the image portrays...

William
Savant

Post #8

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #5]
How would the introduction need to go to prevent panic?
Certainly not face to face.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:32 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

I have to be able to put myself in the position of 'being of those kind who are from outside the planet [Earth]/this universe or dimension.'

How am I to achieve such a thing without some type of information to go by in order to have some bearing on what these beings are like, so to explain why those beings refrain from direct interaction with collective Humanity.

Fortunately, there is such information available, plus I have personally [subjectively] experienced both unusual behaving light sources in the night [early morning] sky and have been visited by what was obviously an 'alien' of some unworldly species, so for me these beings are not only possible, but matter of fact.

It still doesn't help anyone to know that of me, re the OPQ, but at least I can go off on a tangent based upon the information and think about how I would handle the Human Specie if I were Commander In Chief of the Alien Specie - of, lets say - the Zeta Reticuli species, to pick from one of the many Alien Species which are on record as allegedly existing.

It is not a random pick though. I choose it because my encounter was with one such entity of [related to] that Species, so I only know for sure that at least one entity of this one specie, exists.

Mind you, my visitor was not your classic looking ZR, as seen below;

The ZR I encountered was more human-looking, but had the grey skin and large eyes of the ZR.

And his skin was ancient looking - more ancient than human history. Not fresh and smooth and baby-like as the entity in the image above.

And he did have long fingers like the image portrays...
There are many more 'human-like' examples given by abductees and experiencers. It's truly fascinating on multiple levels

William
Savant

Post #10

Post by William »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #9]
There are many more 'human-like' examples given by abductees and experiencers.
Yes. I cannot ignore the possibility that all the 'types' are the invention of the one type, as a means of integrating the belief systems of the Human contactees to better serve the purpose of contact.

It's truly fascinating on multiple levels
As it must have to be.