Important Information Lost? Withheld?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Important Information Lost? Withheld?

Post #1

Post by William »

If Christianity is so important to the world, there is no information given to us by any of the writers of the Christian Gospels which would add to their personal witness regarding the effects of living as Jesus had commanded them to live or the things promised them they would achieve, re their connection with The Father.
There are no known records of such writings in existence.

OPQFD: Why did those who wrote the Gospels not write about their own experiences of their lives, in their lifetimes?

The only thing we have is the history of Christianity, which in itself is not so much an account of connection with The Father, but rather of worshiping an image of The Son.

William
Savant

Re: Important Information Lost? Withheld?

Post #41

Post by William »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:03 pm
William wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:23 pm [Replying to 2timothy316 in post #37]

All I have rejected is worship of an idol as adviced by a member of the JWOrg because I am currently under the impression the members of that organization hereabouts are Christian Opportunists, taking advantage of a Christian-based debate forum to promote and generally boast about their particular views on Christianity.
JWs are not boasting about our views on Christianity. We come here to give people information so that they can get on the road that leads to life. (Matthew 7:13,14) We want as many as possible to have a better life now and also be with us in Paradise.

Wow this train is sure wobblin' on the tracks!

Now it doesn't personally offend me and is not why I mentioned it. The boasting as I see it [I am an Empath, thus - as The Father showed it to me - ] causes this ripple in relation to the following;

There are Folk by the bucket-load who do not belong to the JWOrg but who's hearts shine through The Love of The Father into the world and if they were ever to grace the confines of this fraternity/gathering/church/debate forum, they would surely see the boast with their own sensibilities.

What's more, [and I have no doubt] some of them are gracing said establishment and do consider your witness as a boast.
[They can speak of themselves or remain silent, as they chose. I speak of myself as well as of The Father]

You see. they too come here to give people information so that they can get on the road that leads to life.
Without even needing to follow after whatever the JWO Reps are offering.

Do you understand what is is I am attempting to tell you, or will you continue with this somewhat insulting boasting?

William
Savant

Post #42

Post by William »

While we await response, I thought I might explain in more detail what I mean by making an idol of the bible [or anything].

I am not [nor have ever] argued that the bible stories are not good for instruction and stuff like that - I see the bible as a book of stories which seem to mostly be about men [primarily] who claimed to have an inside relationship with The Mind Behind Creation, which they refer to by a number of related titles.

In that, I treat it as no more or less important than any other religious script and purposeful resist any recommendation to make an idol out of it, just as I would not make an idol out of any other religious manuscript.

This is primarily why I do not refer to the bible as the WOG, because plainly it consists of the words of men [primarily] who claim such a relationship, and in that - while they might write that "God said 'this' and 'that'" to them and they are repeating what they claim was said, this does not equate to their words being the WOG.

The bible is a closed document [set of documents] bound between covers and those who governed its creation and distribution chose not to let it be a living set of documents which can be added to, subtracted from and generally tidied up as the Human population evolved in their knowledge.

No doubt at one time it did indeed hold prescience in the affairs of men [primarily] but due to it being a non-living document, and sealed as unchangeable, it has been surpassed by knowledge to the point where the Church Proper has long since abandoned the ways in which it enforced itself upon the affairs of humankind, in the past.

Little side-line churches who's members still worship the bible, still battle it out and their combined numbers still make ripples which have to be dealt with by society, but idolators cannot ever win overall. The days of pulling the wool over societies eyes re the authority of the bible, are over.

It is not now, and never really was, the WOG.

Rather it is simply another book which we can learn from what we will.

Like every other book on the planet.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #43

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to William in post #41]

There is no boasting on my part, or any of Jehovah's Witnesses. For you to insist that there is is insulting.

William
Savant

Post #44

Post by William »

That reminds me
[LINK]