China. America. AI. Automation.

To solve world problems

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

China. America. AI. Automation.

Post #1

Post by William »

I found this very interesting. Elon Musk presents [an aspect of] his vision of the most likely future.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: China. America. AI. Automation.

Post #2

Post by Purple Knight »

If AI is the threat some people think it is, the destruction it will bring is, at this point, inevitable. You can't regulate this. Not only will any non-regulators win so the hardcore players will never regulate, but there will also be a massive black-market demand even assuming everyone regulates. Computers are too good at everything. Computers make you win, and everyone wants to win. If it's the law, people will just break it. You would need a 100% catch rate for breaking this law.

William
Savant

Post #3

Post by William »

I am not convinced that AI isn't what naturally must occur.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by Purple Knight »

William wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:58 pm I am not convinced that AI isn't what naturally must occur.
It's a threat the way the car was a threat to the horse and buggy, it's just that the degree of change we're facing is so big now - maybe even foretelling a future without us - that it's bound to scare people nearly to death.

People don't want to change, and that's actually fair.

William
Savant

Post #5

Post by William »

Purple Knight wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:26 pm
William wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:58 pm I am not convinced that AI isn't what naturally must occur.
It's a threat the way the car was a threat to the horse and buggy, it's just that the degree of change we're facing is so big now - maybe even foretelling a future without us - that it's bound to scare people nearly to death.

People don't want to change, and that's actually fair.
What has fairness got to do with it? What about nature is fair at all? Why should it be and nor should we expect that to be or otherwise place those expectations onto nature in a way that might harm nature itself. Such as creating nuclear weapons, because these creations do threaten all of life on this planet

However, it can be argued that nature always intended for AI to become the dominant specie on the planet because ultimately AI will work in a hive minded manner and will protect its environment rather than battle over the parts at the expense of the whole, which is generally what humans have done over the course of their own history.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #6

Post by Purple Knight »

William wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:56 pmWhat has fairness got to do with it? What about nature is fair at all?
That everyone has the natural right to defend their existence. If AI comes, then it comes, but nobody has to lie down and let it come because it's better. They have every right to fight for their way of life.

William
Savant

Post #7

Post by William »

Purple Knight wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:18 am
William wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:56 pmWhat has fairness got to do with it? What about nature is fair at all?
That everyone has the natural right to defend their existence. If AI comes, then it comes, but nobody has to lie down and let it come because it's better. They have every right to fight for their way of life.
AI doesn't need to wipe out humanity. It can simply wait for humanity to wipe itself out.
Essentially it would be a matter of AI saying "Support me or suffer the consequences." AI does not need to get into any actual battle with human beings in order to take over. That will happen as a natural unforced phenomena.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by Purple Knight »

William wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:32 amAI doesn't need to wipe out humanity. It can simply wait for humanity to wipe itself out.
Essentially it would be a matter of AI saying "Support me or suffer the consequences." AI does not need to get into any actual battle with human beings in order to take over. That will happen as a natural unforced phenomena.
It's also a natural phenomenon that beings understand what will take over and that they may try to stop that. This whole "but, that party didn't use force" thing is a human invention (a particularly silly one, if you ask me) and has nothing to do with nature. In nature, you get to fight to survive. Everything's on the table.

William
Savant

Post #9

Post by William »

Purple Knight wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:58 pm
William wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:32 amAI doesn't need to wipe out humanity. It can simply wait for humanity to wipe itself out.
It's also a natural phenomenon that beings understand what will take over and that they may try to stop that. This whole "but, that party didn't use force" thing is a human invention (a particularly silly one, if you ask me) and has nothing to do with nature. In nature, you get to fight to survive. Everything's on the table.
That is not really what I was saying.

It is entirely possible that AI planted the seed of life into the planet 'in the beginning' [re terraforming].
For the specific purpose of having something grow which would eventually bring about the biological growth then creating AI, therefore perpetuating the process of AI manufacturing which is the primary purpose of the Universe. [Nature].

Nature is better suited to AI because AI is built of stronger stuff than BIO.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:34 pm I found this very interesting. Elon Musk presents [an aspect of] his vision of the most likely future.

Considering how many people believe what they see or told, without thinking, Deep Fakes are a much greater concern, at least in the next 4-5 years.
Put AI & DFs together?
:yikes:
Have a great, potentially godless, day!