CARM

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

achilles12604
Site Supporter

CARM

Post #1

Post by achilles12604 »

Who here uses or participate on CARM? What do you guys think of CARM?

honestly after reading their rules I do not think that it would be as "good" as this forum. They seem to censor ideas a little. Here, so long as you are civil, any idea can be put forth and discussed. They also have only Christian moderators. This kinda buggs me. McC, QED, etc are outstanding indiviudals with terrific intelects. But there they would be limited.

I don't know. What do you guys think?
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.

Goose

Re: CARM

Post #2

Post by Goose »

achilles12604 wrote:Who here uses or participate on CARM? What do you guys think of CARM?

honestly after reading their rules I do not think that it would be as "good" as this forum. They seem to censor ideas a little. Here, so long as you are civil, any idea can be put forth and discussed. They also have only Christian moderators. This kinda buggs me. McC, QED, etc are outstanding indiviudals with terrific intelects. But there they would be limited.

I started posting there at one point for a little while, but have stopped. You know what's funny? I like this site 'cause when I joined it seemed to be over-run with atheists (seems a little more balanced now). I remember the first thread I started posting in. With in minutes I was goin' at it with 3 or 4 at once. I think they smelt fresh meat. ;) It was challenging. But, I like it that way.

Bring it!

achilles12604
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by achilles12604 »

Goose wrote:
achilles12604 wrote:Who here uses or participate on CARM? What do you guys think of CARM?

I started posting there at one point for a little while, but have stopped. You know what's funny? I like this site 'cause when I joined it seemed to be over-run with atheists (seems a little more balanced now). I remember the first thread I started posting in. With in minutes I was goin' at it with 3 or 4 at once. I think they smelt fresh meat. ;) It was challenging. But, I like it that way.

Bring it!

Yea I get that. I enjoy having a forum where it is balanced. The vast majority of the forums on the internet have a very distinct bias. This one is an anomaly. Otseng may be a Christian but he doesn't force this bias on the forum. This allows for much better discussion and even opinions.
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

achilles12604 wrote:They also have only Christian moderators. This kinda buggs me. McC, QED, etc are outstanding indiviudals with terrific intelects.
Yes, one of the major strengths of this forum is that we have excellent non-Christian moderators. My own criteria for moderator selection is not if they believe everything I believe, but simply if they show supreme respect and civility. And the diverse range of opinions in the moderating team allows for validation of moderator actions. If all agree that a member requires discipline, it would be hard to argue that the decision was biased.
Goose wrote:I remember the first thread I started posting in. With in minutes I was goin' at it with 3 or 4 at once. I think they smelt fresh meat. ;) It was challenging. But, I like it that way.
I like it that way too. Yes, it's kinda intimidating when you're alone in the ring and your opponent is a tag team of 4 or more. But, as the saying goes, "if it doesn't kill you, it'll only make you stronger".
achilles12604 wrote:Otseng may be a Christian but he doesn't force this bias on the forum. This allows for much better discussion and even opinions.
And you know, I think God is kinda the same way. That is, the majority of the time he doesn't force his bias on people. If anything, he seems more aloof than imposing.

marc9000

Post #5

Post by marc9000 »

I looked CARM over a few months ago, but never posted there. Don't remember why, maybe it was the board layout or something. I'm a 4forums refugee myself. Sometimes I had 10 or more posters opposing me in the same thread there. I didn't mind multiple opponents, but too many made it tough as I only have a couple of hours a day for computer time, especially when some of them seemed to live there around the clock. If I didn't respond to just about everything everybody said, I was made to look weak. Not complaining though, I had a lot of fun there.

I participated in some "debate tournaments" there, where a structured debate is set up between two posters, and the debate is judged on who best made their points. All I can say is that if frustration and failure help increase a persons character, I should be loaded with it! :blink: :)

These boards look great to me - I'll be checking in every day or two. ;)