The Millennium, the 1000 years of Revelation 20...

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The Millennium, the 1000 years of Revelation 20...

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

This thread stems from the following exchange between myself and Pinseeker:

PinSeeker wrote:

The millennium of Revelation 20 is not a future event. It was when Jeremiah prophesied, obviously, but is not anymore. Or, to be more exacting, it's no longer merely a future event.

Checkpoint asked:

Then why do so many believers think of it as yet future only?

Pinseeker explained:

For at least two reasons, I think:

1. A basic misunderstanding of Revelation as a whole, and the Millennium of chapter 20 included.

2. Many believers (primarily western believers) have bought into the heresy of the "rapture," which came about in the early 19th century. It's not that they are heretics, it's just that that's all they've ever been exposed to.
That's one take from one school of thought.

Your take may be similar or be completely different.

Please share it here, and tell us why you hold that position.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: The Millennium, the 1000 years of Revelation 20...

Post #321

Post by PinSeeker »

[Replying to post 316 by JehovahsWitness]

You're playing with words, JW. And putting words into my mouth. Neither of which are acceptable to me.

The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the triune Godhead, and is the personal Agent of God's power throughout history.

Good day to you, too. Grace and peace to you.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #322

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:31 am
brianbbs67 wrote: [Replying to post 5 by myth-one.com]

So, should we be keeping the Sabbath now to be included? Not many do.
Keeping the Sabbath doesn't save anyone.

By not keeping the Sabbath, or keeping the wrong day as the Sabbath, we fail to see the sign which it represents.

We are supposed to work six days and rest on the seventh or sabbath. Many Christians believe that Sunday is the Sabbath.

Thus they rest on the first calendar day of the week and work the next six -- which has no relevance at all to God's creation of the earth.
Believing that Christ is the son of God apparently doesn't save the demons (James 2:19). Keeping God's covenant, and the Sabbath does allow the foreigners to worship on God's mountain (Mount Zion) (Isaiah 56:6). As for who are survivors, such as those delivered/saved (Joel 2:31-32), that would be those who call on the name of the LORD from on "Mount Zion and in Jerusalem". As for who will remain in their graves through the millennium, that would be those with the mark of the beast (Revelation 20:4) with two horns like a lamb, the Roman emperor Constantine, who instituted the keeping of the day of the sun, for his god Sol Invictus, in the year 321 AD, whereas no one could buy or sell on the day of his sun god, which was Sunday. The relevance comes in the form of the 4th commandment, one of the commandments contained in God's covenant as a sign between him and Israel, but in order for the foreigners to worship on God's mountain, the foreigners must keep the Sabbath of God, which stems from resting on the 7th day of Genesis.

Isaiah 56: 6 And the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD to minister to Him, to love the name of the LORD, and to be His servants— all who keep the Sabbath without profaning it and who hold fast to My covenant—

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #323

Post by Eloi »

The Millennium of which we are given information in Rev. 20, is AS REAL as real are ALL EVENTS that are related to that period:

1) the great tribulation: a period that includes a brief time of suffering on humanity and that ends in the destruction of all the governments of the world at Armageddon ... It is survived by the great crowd of which Revelation speaks and then those thousand years begin.

2) The first resurrection: which occurs exclusively to the brothers of Christ who are taken to heaven; that resurrection occurs just before the beginning of the Millennium, as they will rule from heaven during that time with Jesus.

3) The Devil is abyssed for a thousand years, so that the government of Christ is not hindered. But he is not destroyed at that moment; he is only put in a situation or state where he cannot act, in inactivity; Revelation calls this state: "the abyss";

4) Another resurrection that occurs on earth later in the Millennium, and that allows some time after resurrection, for these people to live and learn with the survivors of Armageddon;

5) At the end of the thousand years the Devil is released from the state in which he was put, and manages to deceive an indeterminate number of people who have been living after Armageddon ON THE EARTH.

6) The Devil is destroyed along with all the new rebels;

7) Jesus hands over the kingdom of humanity to God.

If the thousand years of Apoc. 20 were not LITERAL, nothing that we are told to occur within that time frame would make sense. Those things are not symbolic, but very LITERAL and very precise.

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #324

Post by Eloi »

In the Bible the expression "the last day" is used to refer to the Millennium, during which the dead who do not belong to the heavenly "kings and priests" will be returned to life on earth:

John 6:39 This is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose none out of all those whom he has given me, but that I should resurrect them on the last day. 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who recognizes the Son and exercises faith in him should have everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day.” (...) 44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day. (...) 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day

... 11:23 Jesus said to her: “Your brother will rise.” 24 Martha said to him: “I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day.”

When the time of his resurrection was mentioned to Daniel, that period was called "the end of the days".

Dan. 12:13 “But as for you, go on to the end. You will rest, but you will stand up for your lot at the end of the days.”