Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

What's with all the ruling?

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

I note we're in TD&D, with its rules and such.

A representative quote, but not to hold nobody to it...
As Scripture says, the kingdom that is established in heaven extends its rule to the entire planet,
There's also hereabouts, that whole Jehovah's Witnesses and the 144,000 "rulers" deal.

So...
For debate:
If after the return of God / Jesus, and how all the bad folks're swept away, and assumedly only the goodn's remain...

Who's left to need some ruling?

Are we then at world 3.0?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Miles
Savant

Re: What's with all the ruling?

Post #11

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:36 am
Miles wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:25 amGood question, but the bad folk won't be swept away.
No, biblically all the incorrigibly wicked will in fact be killed; not a single one of them will be left alive.

WICKED ALL KILLED OFF
PSALM 37:10

Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were and they will not be there

ONLY THE RIGHTEOUS ALIVE
Miles wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:25 amSo it looks like there will plenty of us *left back here on earth after the End of the World
... If by * "us" you mean those people that have NOT been judged wicked and are willing to recognise Jesus as their Lord and savior, yes there will be a "great crowd" of "us" alive on earth after Jesus has executed the ungodly.

PSALM 37:10

But the meek will possess the earth, and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
All of the survivors will have either already been living by Christs standards ( some for many decades) or were ignorant of them but will be happy to conform when given the needed education. The rest will be no trouble because they will all be dead.
So if everyone left on Earth is not wicked just what kind of ruling are the heavenly rulers supposed to undertake when helping to restore mankind to the righteous conditions God had originally intended? Surely one doesn't have to be wicked to deserve a spanking or two. How about expressing one's love for someone of the same sex, or do JW's consider homosexual sex between to males to be wicked? How about refusing to obey one's mother. Is that really wicked?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Miles wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:27 pm Surely one doesn't have to be wicked to deserve a spanking or two.
Biblically yes you do. Only the wicked need to be policed or beaten into submission.
PROVERBS 27:22 - GOD'S WORD® Translation
If you crush a stubborn fool* in a mortar with a pestle along with grain, [even then] his stupidity* will not leave him
JEREMIAH 13:23
Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? Neither are you able to do good--you who are accustomed to doing evil.
* In the bible a "fool""stupid person" isn' t someone lacking in intellect but someone godless, lacking spiritual insight and godly morals.

The righteous will need instruction and guidance but no force will be needed since they love God and His standards.

Miles wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:27 pm ... what kind of ruling are the heavenly rulers supposed to undertake when helping to restore mankind to the righteous conditions God had originally intended?
On the spiritual side they will oversee the vast educational program needed. They will also administer the benefits of Christs ransom sacrifice, mankind of sin and imperfection. On the practical side, like all governments, they will manager resources and establish the laws and directives needed to see millions and perhaps eventually billions of people have adequate housing and land, food other material needs to live comfortably.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #13

Miles wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:27 pmHow about expressing one's love for someone of the same sex, ...?

Most people love someone of the same sex, whether it be our mother or father or a friend or relative. There is nothing wrong with expressing love for others whatever their biological sex.

Miles wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:27 pm... do JW's consider homosexual sex between to males to be wicked?
Biblically it is no secret that such behaviours are not to be practiced by those that want to please God. Homosexual acts are considered "sexual immorality" in the bible and there will be no place for such behaviour in the new world . Wickedness can be defined as "That which does not conform to God’s standard of moral excellence is wicked, bad, evil, or worthless" so by that definition yes, "homosexual sex" is indeed a wicked act.

Those ignorant of the above but judged to be willing to conform to Gods standards, will of course be taught to live by godly standards. If there is a genetic cause for such sexual deviations that will be rectified as we all progress towards human perfection.

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

HOMOSEXUALITY, HOMOPHOBIA and ...BIBLICAL PROHIBITIONS

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:42 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:40 pm ...but it just seems like world / society 3.0 is gonna be a bunch of righteous folks trying to rule em another bunch of righteous folks.

Under such a condition, how can we know who has em more of the righteousness? Sounds like how some Christians say other Christians ain't Christians.
Well it will be JESUS (and his associates) ruling over a world of people judged by God to be righteous. I don't see that as being particularly complicated or difficult to understand.
But if righteous people hafta be "ruled over", what rules would they be breaking?
JehovahsWitness wrote:
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:40 pm Under such a condition, how can we know who has em more of the righteousness?
I'm not sure that that righteousness is divisible and that would not be our concern even if it were. If someone is in the new world it will be understood God has judged them worthy of being there.
So as you say, the troublemakers're gone.

Only the righteous remain.

Are the righteous gonna just up and become em not righteous?
-Punkinhead Martin

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #15

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:56 pm
But if righteous people hafta be "ruled over", what rules would they be breaking?
A ruler makes rules. Rules regulate behaviour

I'm really having problems understanding what you think a rule is and why you think obedient/righteous people don't need rulers/rules Could you maybe try and write a sentence explaining this? (preferably in standard not pidgen english)

I'd like to address this point but because I dont understand WHY you think that righteous people won't need rules, I cannot.

Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #16

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:56 pm Are the righteous gonna just up and become em not righteous?
That's unlikely but if they do they will not be allowed to live. Rebels will not be allowed to ruin paradise for the righteous ones.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:46 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:56 pm But if righteous people hafta be "ruled over", what rules would they be breaking?
A ruler makes rules. Rules regulate behaviour.
I think I see what you're getting at. Come world 3.0 we're gonna get us a New New Testament. A Testament 2.0.

I think I struggle with rule over. Maybe it's just semantics.
JehovahsWitness wrote: I'm really having problems understanding what you think a rule is and why you think obedient/righteous people don't need rulers/rules.
I think the above explains it. New world, new rules.
JehovahsWitness wrote: Could you maybe try and write a sentence explaining this? (preferably in standard not pidgen english)
I ain't me no pidgen, I'm me a penguin :tongue:
JehovahsWitness wrote: I'd like to address this point but because I dont understand WHY you think that righteous people won't need rules, I cannot.
I think I get it now.

I was glitching on ruling "over", instead of, "Here's the new rules y'all". I reckon it's hard to be righteous without aknowing what it is that makes ya it.

I preciate your time and patience JehovahsWitness, I'll work to incorporate this bit of data into my thinking.

Pigeon. In case folks thought I was even dumber'n this thread done showed me to be :wave:
-Punkinhead Martin