Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Why not just Jesus?

Post #1

Post by Veridican »

Do you ever wonder why, if we are Christians, we don't just follow the Gospels? Like, they would be our only canon of scripture, everything else would just be for historical reference, wisdom, or good advice, but we would be followers of Jesus ONLY. He would be our only teacher. Our canon then would be Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Revelation. Why has there never even been a cult, or church, or denomination like that in all of history? :?:
All for Christ and only for Christ! :wave:

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: Why not just Jesus?

Post #21

Post by Difflugia »

Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmYou're absolutely right. And I will not back off of Christ.
Nobody's asking you to.
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmI get banned all the time, from everywhere. I never break their rules. But Satan follows me everywhere and tries to get me banned from everywhere to keep what is his, his. I will be banned after this post, so you need to read it while you can.
If you back off on your persecution complex, I'd bet you don't get banned. The most important rule around here is to not get personal and insulting. There are some rules about the kinds of preaching one can do, but none of the criteria require orthodoxy. You're hardly the least orthodox here.
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmThe true religion is Veridicanism. It is indisputably the true religion
You might be surprised at what things are disputable.
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmVeridicanism has a set of Articles of Faith, and you can go to my church website and read them.
I did after your initial post. They're interesting, but I don't think they're quite as novel as you think they are, let alone unique. They're not orthodox, certainly, but you're hardly the first person to think that Paul wasn't inspired or that God communicates with them privately, even just within these forums.
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmWe are prima facie the true religion.
That's an interesting definition of prima facie and I'd bet that you could find someone to debate it with.
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmNow you can rip your shirt in half and scream "heretic!" to the moderator of this forum, and they will ban me.
You won't get banned for being a heretic. If being banned is a sort of validation for you, then there are certainly ways to get banned, but heresy isn't one of them. Impolite orthodoxy is a far worse offense here than the grossest heresy, as long as it's even mostly polite.
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmI am not going to back off Christ for your comfort or to conform anywhere so that I have online company to talk to.
I'm atheist and most days I don't even think Jesus was a real guy. I also think it's fun to argue with people that are wrong. Whether you "back off Christ" or not, I don't think I'll be any more or less comfortable. If you can't find any justification for your views beyond "the gods told me," though, you might get boring.
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmI am the first person to ever establish a religion like this in all of Christian history. No one has ever done it except me.
I kind of doubt it. You're welcome to support your claim, though.
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmYou may want to stay in touch with me because even if I'm a cult, I am the only cult that points its members to follow ONLY Jesus Christ--not me, and not anyone else.
I'll need more evidence that you're a cult before I start thinking of you as one. Even so, there are more interesting cults, to be honest. I've bookmarked your site, anyway.
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmAnd we are RACING toward the end times.
Do tell!
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmThere.. Nice talkin to ya.
Right back at you.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #22

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pm

The true religion is Veridicanism. It is indisputably the true religion--
Must admit I've never heard of this religion.

--if you believe at all in the Divinity of Jesus Christ, that is. And if you don't, you're going to perish at death, anyway--assuming you don't end up in hell first. If you are not a Veridican, you might as well be an atheist.

Oh-kay then ....

Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pm.... I get banned all the time, from everywhere.
If I were a betting man it would be oh so tempting to set up shop right about now ...

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #23

Post by 2timothy316 »

The true religion is Veridicanism. It is indisputably the true religion--if you believe at all in the Divinity of Jesus Christ, that is. And if you don't, you're going to perish at death, anyway--assuming you don't end up in hell first. If you are not a Veridican, you might as well be an atheist.
This is the kind of thing that will get you banned. As a person that claims to follow Christ Jesus you must surely know to, “Stop condemning, and you will by no means be condemned.”* (Luke 6:37)

William
Savant

Post #24

Post by William »

Veridican wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:05 pm Do you ever wonder why, if we are Christians, we don't just follow the Gospels? Like, they would be our only canon of scripture, everything else would just be for historical reference, wisdom, or good advice, but we would be followers of Jesus ONLY. He would be our only teacher. Our canon then would be Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Revelation. Why has there never even been a cult, or church, or denomination like that in all of history? :?:
Rule of thumb re scriptural statements about biblical Jesus.

IF;
any such statement contradicts or is otherwise inconsistent with what biblical Jesus stated about himself,
THEN;
regardless that it is 'in the bible', biblical Jesus' statements about himself, take precedence over any other biblical statements about him.

Rule of Thumb = a broadly accurate guide or principle, based on practice rather than theory.

Take Precedence = to be more important (than something else)

What Jesus Said

William
Savant

Post #25

Post by William »

[Replying to Veridican in post #19]
And we are RACING toward the end times.
If the race was between you and I as to who gets booted first, my money is on you.

My 'saving grace' is that I try to adopt different approaches in my telling of 'it'...this leads me into hot water sometimes...but as often as not, I do try and learn the ropes while swinging in these branches...

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #26

Post by Veridican »

Difflugia wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:42 pm If you back off on your persecution complex, I'd bet you don't get banned. The most important rule around here is to not get personal and insulting. There are some rules about the kinds of preaching one can do, but none of the criteria require orthodoxy. You're hardly the least orthodox here.
Well, I hope you're right.
I did after your initial post. They're interesting, but I don't think they're quite as novel as you think they are, let alone unique. They're not orthodox, certainly, but you're hardly the first person to think that Paul wasn't inspired or that God communicates with them privately, even just within these forums.
None of that's even part of the Articles of Faith. So... You didn't read them. I'm not disappointed, honestly. What makes them unique is that we follow ONLY Jesus Christ, Our canon is limited to the Life and Teachings of Jesus Christ. We believe God is the monistic entity--Christians don't, even when they do, they don't. It's just because most of them don't know what monistic is and confuse it with monotheism. We also practice a type of Veridican astrology, and we are adamantly opposed to mRNA vaccines. We also believe that people become Christ when they are born again. So, it may not be unique to you, but there's never been a Christian sect like this before in Church history.

That's an interesting definition of prima facie and I'd bet that you could find someone to debate it with.
I mean that the definition of the word Veridican proves that we are the true religion. But, I may be using prima facie incorrectly--or stretching it.
You won't get banned for being a heretic. If being banned is a sort of validation for you, then there are certainly ways to get banned, but heresy isn't one of them. Impolite orthodoxy is a far worse offense here than the grossest heresy, as long as it's even mostly polite.
I hope you're right. My experience since 1994 has proven otherwise, but I hope you're right.
I'm atheist
Really? Veridicans have a unique argument for the existence of God. It does have an ontological flavor. It's indisputable. I used to debate atheists for years and years. I actually invented another argument, only later did I realize the George Berkeley beat me to it in the early 1700's. But, the Veridican Argument for the Existence of God is indisputable. I can also prove consciousness does not generate from the brain, and that Jesus Christ existed for a fact.

But, I haven't debated atheists in a long time. It changed on me. They stopped wanting to debate in the classic sense, and now all they are is leftist/communist/anarchist/woke/social-justice...individuals. I always got banned from their groups. Imagine that, not for being rude, just because I wouldn't back down. I think it says something to be universally banned by atheists and Christians. It's like the one common enemy they have is me. Ha! :lol:
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:38 pmI am the first person to ever establish a religion like this in all of Christian history. No one has ever done it except me.
I kind of doubt it. You're welcome to support your claim, though.
I don't have to support it. It's a fact. You may not be into Church history, but I am, and there hasn't been.
I'll need more evidence that you're a cult before I start thinking of you as one. Even so, there are more interesting cults, to be honest. I've bookmarked your site, anyway.
Why bother? I'm boring, and there's nothing there for you. You are an atheist, right? I know you think you don't believe in God. It's actually the other way around. Sad, really. Nevertheless, dust to dust, you know that. That's the rule for you. But hey, maybe you'll have a breakthrough--before it's too late.
Do tell!
Oh, yes. And that will affect you as well. I mean, some days it seems like it's just around the corner, other days I don't think I'll live to actually see the start of the tribulation. But it's a-commin.

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #27

Post by Veridican »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:45 pm Must admit I've never heard of this religion.
Well, fortunately you have now. :approve:

If I were a betting man it would be oh so tempting to set up shop right about now ...

JW
Did you know the Beatles were atheists? All of them. I think George later became a Hindu. As if that makes any difference in the end. But John Lenon's "Imagine" is an atheist anthem--communist, too. Come to think of it, John's not an atheist anymore, and George has learned Krishna wasn't it. Anyway, I always thought JWs were more conservative than that. I've always like JWs. The one's I've met anyway.
Last edited by Veridican on Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #28

Post by Veridican »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:49 pm
The true religion is Veridicanism. It is indisputably the true religion--if you believe at all in the Divinity of Jesus Christ, that is. And if you don't, you're going to perish at death, anyway--assuming you don't end up in hell first. If you are not a Veridican, you might as well be an atheist.
This is the kind of thing that will get you banned. As a person that claims to follow Christ Jesus you must surely know to, “Stop condemning, and you will by no means be condemned.”* (Luke 6:37)
But it's a fact. And I know I'm going to get banned. And I will not back off. I mean, I won't sit here and preach it, but if I'm challenged, I will not back off. All for Christ and only Christ! :joy:

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #29

Post by Veridican »

William wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:01 pm
If the race was between you and I as to who gets booted first, my money is on you.

My 'saving grace' is that I try to adopt different approaches in my telling of 'it'...this leads me into hot water sometimes...but as often as not, I do try and learn the ropes while swinging in these branches...
They'll never ban you. Your words don't have the same weight as mine. They don't; they just don't. The truth I speak is so stark and challenging to Christians that they have to stop it. Because the one thing about Christians, they can recognize the truth when they hear it.

I don't want to be banned. I don't. But I won't back off Christ. I won't do it. :thanks:

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #30

Post by Veridican »

If a mod or admin or owner reads this, I just want to comment on the rules: You have so many of them, and they are vague to the point that they really can't be followed. Like, you might find this very post "rude." Well, that's against the rules. What can I do about it? Nothing.

I'm just saying, if you're going to have that many rules, you might as well just not have any and state that you can and will ban anyone at any time if you feel like it or think they deserve it.

Anyway. Just thought I'd make that little observation.