Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2121

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:08 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:35 pm
john 3:16 doesn't say anything about being born again or going to heaven. "Whosoever" includes the billions with the earthly hope.

John 3:16 states that everlasting life is the reward for those believing in Jesus as their Savior.

Being born again of the Spirit is how that everlasting life is created!

Ye must be born again! That which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Whosoever excludes no one!

Of all humanity, those believing in Jesus shall have everlasting life when born of the Spirit.
You are reading alot into John 3:16. It says that everyone believing [exercising faith] in Jesus will have everlasting life. It says nothing about being born again. Other scriptures mention being born again (John 3:5), but those verses don't say you must be born again to receive everlasting life. Jesus said to enter the kingdom of the heavens you must be born again. That refers to the 144,000 who are chosen to rule with Christ over the billions on Earth. You are meshing two different scriptural thoughts together and making up your own philosophy.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2122

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:09 am
john 3:16 doesn't say anything about being born again or going to heaven. "Whosoever" includes the billions with the earthly hope.

John 3:16 states that everlasting life is the reward for those believing in Jesus as their Savior.

Of all humanity, those believing in Jesus shall have everlasting life when born of the Spirit.
You are reading alot into John 3:16. It says that everyone believing [exercising faith] in Jesus will have everlasting life. It says nothing about being born again. Other scriptures mention being born again (John 3:5), but those verses don't say you must be born again to receive everlasting life. Jesus said to enter the kingdom of the heavens you must be born again. That refers to the 144,000 who are chosen to rule with Christ over the billions on Earth. You are meshing two different scriptural thoughts together and making up your own philosophy.
Being born again into the Kingdom of God is a two-step process. The first step is to be born as a human being:
John 3:3 wrote:Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3)
Man is the only animal which can possibly enter the Kingdom of God. So the first step to becoming a member of the Kingdom of God is to be born as a man or woman and not some other animal. However, man cannot enter the Kingdom of God in his present flesh and blood body:
I Corinthians 15:50 wrote:Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
The Bible describes only two types of beings, physical and spiritual:
I Corinthians 15:44 wrote:There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
There are two body types, physical and spiritual and they are different. Each of these body types requires a different birth:
John 3:6 wrote:That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
The scriptures state that man must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God. What type of birth must this be? There are only two body types, physical and spiritual, and man is born initially as a physical flesh and blood body. But flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God! Therefore, for man to enter the Kingdom of God he must abandon his physical body and be born again as the only remaining body type, a spiritual body! It is so logically simple! Man must be born again as a spirit to enter the spiritual Kingdom of God!

=====================================================

The Bible never states that Christians are going to heaven! It always indicates that believers will enter or become members of the Kingdom of Heaven or Kingdom of God. Although these two terms are interchangeable, the Kingdom of Heaven applies to the geographical location, whereas the Kingdom of God applies to the inhabitants of the Kingdom of Heaven.

We are told specifically where the Kingdom of God is located, and it is not any geographical location -- it is within us:
Luke 17:20-21 wrote:The Kingdom of God cometh not with observance: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
The Kingdom of Heaven is a geographical area, and it is natural to assume that the geographical location heaven would be included within the Kingdom of Heaven, but they are not necessarily the same. The entire kingdom could be much larger than its center or base of activity which is heaven itself. That is, the ruler is God the Father who rules from heaven. His rule extends over the entire Kingdom of Heaven.

This will eventually include the earth which will be ruled by Jesus. Jesus is presently in heaven preparing a place for us:, and He will bring it at His return.

The earth will then once again be included as part of the Kingdom of Heaven.
Revelation 11:15 wrote:The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Humans are in training to become co-rulers with Jesus over the earth at that time!

After the Second Coming and Jesus' defeat of Satan, the Earth will once again become part of the kingdom.

So Jesus will defeat Satan and the Earth will rejoin the Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus will then rule the Earth from new Jerusalem for ever and ever. What will born again Christians be doing?
II Timothy 2:12 wrote:...we shall also reign with him.
And how long will we be on the Earth reigning with Jesus? For eternity:
I Thessalonians 4:17 wrote:..and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Why would be the point of separating the 144,000 to Heaven?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2123

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:01 am
onewithhim wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:09 am

Being born again into the Kingdom of God is a two-step process. The first step is to be born as a human being:
John 3:3 wrote:Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3)
Man is the only animal which can possibly enter the Kingdom of God. So the first step to becoming a member of the Kingdom of God is to be born as a man or woman and not some other animal. However, man cannot enter the Kingdom of God in his present flesh and blood body:
That's what I've been saying. The anointed born-again people have to enter heaven with spirit bodies. However.....those that live on the earth forever do not have to gain a spirit body. We are not in that covenant with Christ to rule with him in his Kingdom (which is stationed in heaven). The members of the Kingdom of God are the 144,000 who will live in heaven forever. We here on Earth are in the Kingdom's courtyard, if you will. We are part of the Kingdom arrangement, but not in the Holy temple in heaven from which Christ rules.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2124

Post by JehovahsWitness »

So you believe Jesus' reward for having successfully fulfilled his mission on earth will be the exact opposite of what he explicity said he wanted?

JOHN 17 :1

I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have given me to do. 5 So now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world
  • Jesus prayed to return to be in heaven alongside his Father? (he wanted to get back home where he belonged) and you are saying Jesus will never be a permanent resident in heaven with his father ever again?
  • Satan was banished from heaven to the earth as a punishment? Yet you propose exactly the same thing will happen to Jesus rebranded as a "reward" !

There is a reason why metephorically heaven is spoken of as "above" the earth, it is because earth is a lower as in more limited realm. It is beautiful and just perfect for humans and animals but NOTHING compared to being in the literal presence of God. In scripture heaven is likened to a throne and earth to somewhere you put you feet! It is beyond me what people are thinking to propose Jesus will be banished from his Father's side to live down on the footstall...for all eternity. This would be like asking the Queen to live in your dog's kennel, because your dog needs looking after!

JW

RELATED POSTS

Do the 24 elders of Revelation rule ON or OVER the earth?
viewtopic.php?p=1023412#p1023412

In what sense does the new Jerusalem come down out of heaven ?
viewtopic.php?p=1061832#p1061832

Will Jesus travel back and forth between heaven and earth during the millenium?
viewtopic.php?p=1051377#p1051377

In what sense will God "dwell" (tent) with humans?
viewtopic.php?p=1060794#p1060794

Why can we be sure Jesus will never be sent to live on the earth again?
viewtopic.php?p=1063010#p1063010
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

GOD'S KINGDOM, THE 144, 000 and ... THE NEW JERUSALEM
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2125

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:26 am

So you believe Jesus' reward for having successfully fulfilled his mission on earth will be the exact opposite of what he explicity said he wanted?

I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have given me to do. 5 So now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world
  • Jesus prayed to return to be in heaven alongside his Father? (he wanted to get back home where he belonged) and you are saying Jesus will never be a permanent resident in heaven with his father ever again?
  • Satan was banished from heaven to the earth as a punishment? Yet you propose exactly the same thing will happen to Jesus rebranded as a "reward" !

There is a reason why metephorically heaven is spoken of as "above" the earth, it is because earth is a lower as in more limited realm. It is beautiful and just perfect for humans and animals but NOTHING compared to being in the literal presence of God. In scripture heaven is likened to a throne and earth to somewhere you put you feet! It is beyond me what people are thinking to propose Jesus will be banished from his Father's side to live down on the footstall...for all eternity. This would be like asking the Queen to live in your dog's kennel, because your dog needs looking after!
When Jesus returns and defeats Satan, the earth will once again become part of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Those on the earth will be in the Kingdom of Heaven from that point to eternity!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2126

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:45 pm

Those on the earth will be in the Kingdom of Heaven from that point to eternity!
But they will still on to quote you "on earth". And God will still be "in heaven" with his angels... so they not be alongside each other?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2127

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:25 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:45 pm

But they will still on to quote you "on earth". And God will still be "in heaven" with his angels... so they not be alongside each other?
God is everywhere.

When believers become equal unto the angels, I suppose we will be similar.

Can you define alongside as it would apply to some being that is everywhere?

We say that God is in heaven. But God is also outside of heaven if there is such a place.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2128

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:49 pm
God is everywhere.

If God is everywhere, what was Jesus praying for?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2129

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:18 pm
God is everywhere.

The man Jesus has finished the work God had assigned Him to do on the earth, and He asks God to restore things back to the way they were before He came to the earth.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2130

myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:02 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:18 pm
God is everywhere.

I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have given me to do. 5 So now, Father, glorify me at at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world
The man Jesus has finished the work God had assigned Him to do on the earth, and He asks God to restore things back to the way they were before He came to the earth.
  • What did Jesus mean by asking to be "at God's side"/ "alongside" his Father?

HEBREWS 9 :24 New Living Translation

For Christ did not enter into a holy place made with human hands, which was only a copy of the true one in heaven. He entered into heaven itself to appear now before God on our behalf
  • What does it mean that Christ later He entered into heaven?

JW