Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2131

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:01 am
myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:02 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:18 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:49 pm God is everywhere.
If God is everywhere, what was Jesus praying for?
JOHN 17 :1

I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have given me to do. 5 So now, Father, glorify me at at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world
The man Jesus has finished the work God had assigned Him to do on the earth, and He asks God to restore things back to the way they were before He came to the earth.
  • What did Jesus mean by asking to be "at God's side"/ "alongside" his Father?
HEBREWS 9 :24 New Living Translation

For Christ did not enter into a holy place made with human hands, which was only a copy of the true one in heaven. He entered into heaven itself to appear now before God on our behalf
  • What does it mean that Christ later He entered into heaven?
JW
"At your side, alongside, and into heaven" all refer to the heavenly world of God which Jesus asked to be restored to Him.

Jesus was the Word made flesh. That's all over. There is no longer any reason for Jesus to be flesh. We now refer to the Word as Jesus or the Word, but they are truly only one spiritual being -- the Word.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2132

Post by JehovahsWitness »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:54 am
"At your side, alongside, and into heaven" all refer to the heavenly world of God which Jesus asked to be restored to Him.

Jesus was the Word made flesh. That's all over. There is no longer any reason for Jesus to be flesh. We now refer to the Word as Jesus or the Word, but they are truly only one spiritual being -- the Word.
So when Jesus was on the earth and God was everywhere, what changed so his request was granted?
JOHN 20:17

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father.
  • If God is everywhere why did he intend to ascend {quote} "to the Father"?
  • Where was he going that was different from the planet earth?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2133

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:22 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:54 am

So when Jesus was on the earth and God was everywhere, what changed so his request was granted?
He went into a different kingdom.

If you are on a the surface of a ball, every direction away from the ball is up.
  • Where was he going that was different from the planet earth?
The Kingdom of Heaven.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2134

Post by JehovahsWitness »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:54 pm

If you are on a the surface of a ball, every direction away from the ball is up.

Yes, so what does it mean ? Being on the surface of the planet wasnt enough, what would change for him to "ascend {quote} "to the Father"? Nothing (Since God is everywhere and the planet is a ball)?

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2135

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:36 pm
Yes, so what does it mean ? Being on the surface of the planet wasnt enough, what would change for him to "ascend {quote} "to the Father"? Nothing (Since God is everywhere and the planet is a ball)?
JW

Jesus ascended into the Kingdom of God, from the earth.

The earth is not part of the Kingdom of God. Satan has power over the earth.

Thus Jesus ascended back into the Kingdom of God from the earth.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2136

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:30 pm
JW

How do you figure that the earth is not part of the Kingdom arrangement? It is like God's "footstool" or even the "courtyard" of the heavenly temple. The earth was always a part of Jehovah's family, intended to house humans for an eternity. True, most humans would not find themselves in the heavenly realm but here on the earth forever, and Jesus is in the heavenly realm. Again, the two groups of people are differentiated. Jesus' co-rulers in heaven, and the rest of us down here.

"I saw a great crowd which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes...standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes...'These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation and have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.'" (Revelation 7:9,14) These are people here on Earth that are serving Jehovah and have responded to Jesus' sacrifice. They are "before the throne" in the same way that Jehovah's people in the past have been before the throne. They didn't need to be literally in heaven, just as Jehovah doesn't need to be literally here on Earth to be "in the land." (Exodus 8:22)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2137

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:26 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:30 pm
JW

How do you figure that the earth is not part of the Kingdom arrangement?
The Earth is not now included in the Kingdom of Heaven. It is like a rebellious colony which has rebelled under Satan's leadership and broken away from the Kingdom.

In fact, we are instructed in the Lord's prayer to pray for the Earth to become part of the Kingdom of Heaven once again:
Matthew 6:10 wrote:Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
After the Second Coming and Jesus' defeat of Satan, the Earth will once again become part of the kingdom:
Revelation 11:15 wrote:The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
So the Holy Scriptures as inspired by God confirm that the earth is not now included as part of the Kingdom of God.

Do you agree?
Onewithhim wrote:The earth was always a part of Jehovah's family, intended to house humans for an eternity.
We've been through this before. The earth was never created to house humans for eternity.

Do you mean that the same humans will live for eternity on the earth?

If so, that's impossible because no individual human can live for eternity.

Or do you mean human life will go on as it is now, generation upon generation?

Immortal angels were intended to live on the earth eternally, but they rebelled against God. Consequently, the neglected earth became formless, void, and dark.

God returned, recreated the earth to its original good condition, and created mortal man to replenish the earth.

The age of man will be 7,000 years. Six thousand years of work, followed by the 1,000 year millennial Sabbath of rest.

That will be the end of mankind according to the scriptures.

So man is Plan "B".

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2138

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #2137]
Believe as you wish. We've discussed this ad nauseum and never the twain shall meet. Let's agree to disagree.

Peace.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2139

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:45 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2137]
Believe as you wish. We've discussed this ad nauseum and never the twain shall meet. Let's agree to disagree.
Peace.
No, I can't simply believe whatever, or what is necessarily taught by mankind.

I'm a Christian, and as such, I am compelled to believe the scriptures.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2140

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:11 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:45 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2137]
Peace.
No, I can't simply believe whatever, or what is necessarily taught by mankind.

I'm a Christian, and as such, I am compelled to believe the scriptures.
But you are not believing the scriptures and that is why I said you and I will never come to an agreement. We have to agree to disagree or we will be butting heads forever.