Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

God's 'track record'

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

In another thread, a poster said the following:
Does that good track record, overall include eliminating war, hunger, corruption, injustice and suffering?
It made me wonder, how would god's track record rate?

Let's look at biblically supplied highlights (not in chronical order necessarily):
God created everything :approve:
Then it made man :approve:
Then mad was tempted by satan
This would mean god made satan and allowed satan to tempt man, knowing (if god's all knowing) that man would sin :confused2:
Then god got mad and pouted like a spoiled child (editorializing a bit there but you get the jest) and made man to suffer through sin and ultimately die :confused2:
God asks a guy to sacrifice his son, which he tries but then god sends an angel to stop it :ok:
God gets upset with a city and obliterates it from the planet :blink:
God gets upset with humanity and drowns all terrestrial life (including babies, women in the middle of child birth, animals (which have NOTHING to do with man's sin) and plants) :no:
God THEN offers a sacrifice to sin as himself/son/self/son/self (the debate still lingers as to the specifics of this person)
This person lives a life to his early 30s :approve:
God allows a guy to betray himself/son/self/etc and allows history to see this guy as a traitor when, in all actuality, SOME guy had to do this in order to complete god's 'plan' :facepalm:
Then this god/man/god/man dies and raises from the dead :bigeyes: :approve:
God allows mankind's history to be told in 'the bible', even though there are Es and Os which cause confusion for the remainder of humanity :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Being that humanity is IMPERFECT and god (is said to be) PERFECT, we can't legitimately judge the two with the same measurement.
So let's judge god's 'track record':
:approve: or
:confused2: or
:down:
How would YOU judge god's work?
How should god's work be judged?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

otseng
Savant

Re: God's 'track record'

Post #111

Post by otseng »

FaithWillDo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:49 am Your comment proves that you have no understanding of God or His Word. You should stop acting like you do. You are embarrassing yourself.
Moderator Comment

Please note the rules dictate negative personal comments are not allowed.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

FaithWillDo
Apprentice

Post #112

Post by FaithWillDo »

otseng wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:01 pm
FaithWillDo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:49 am Your comment proves that you have no understanding of God or His Word. You should stop acting like you do. You are embarrassing yourself.
Moderator Comment

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Otseng,
You said:

Why have you not publicly admonished JoeyKnothead for making these comments below?

I'm curious to know how many gays and adulterers and such you've stoned. Or how many babies you've bashed against the rocks.

Don't worry, I actually don't take offense at the comments of a dolt.

Are they not personal and insulting?

You are very biased in your moderating.

Joe

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #113

Post by nobspeople »

FaithWillDo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:49 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:07 am
FaithWillDo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:14 am ...
As for me knowing that God loves you as much as He loves anyone else, I am 100% confident that He does because God's Word tells me so.
I'm curious to know how many gays and adulterers and such you've stoned. Or how many babies you've bashed against the rocks.

Or maybe most importantly, where you shop so your clothes ain't all some kinda poly-cotton blend.
Dear JoeyKnothead and nobspeople,

JoeyKnothead said:

Your comment proves that you have no understanding of God or His Word. You should stop acting like you do. You are embarrassing yourself.

The Law of Moses was fulfilled by Christ at the cross. No longer does the Law condemn anyone who is has been converted, nor do His children condemn anyone who has not been converted. The only Law for a Christian is the love God and to love your neighbor as yourself - that includes gays and adulterers.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

All mankind sins - gays and adulterers are no better or worse than anyone else. Do you believe they are?

However, for those who are not converted, they hate God and they hate their neighbors. This is why there is so much evil in the world. For this reason, Christ will come to them and change them from within. This is conversion - going from being a child of the Devil to being a child of God. Christ has established a pathway to conversion for each person who has ever lived. Once all mankind is converted, the evil and hatred of this world will cease to exist.

The Law was given by Moses to prove that the Law cannot stop anyone from sinning. A spiritual change from within is the only thing that will work. And since mankind has no power to spiritually change themselves, Christ came into the world to do this work for us.

1John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

Christ does not ask mankind for permission to make this spiritual change within us. He simply does it and He does it at a time that He chooses. Mankind has no say in the matter. He is God and our Creator and as such, He has the right to do as He pleases.

One of the reasons you hate God (even though you say you don't believe He exists) is because Satan has deceived you into believing that God is something that He is not. Our God and Creator is loving, merciful and will not stop His work until EVERYONE has been made into a child of God and has immortal life. Someday you will come out from Satan's deceptions and ask the Lord to forgive you - and of course, He will.

Joe
Please explain how this pertains to my comment.
Thank you.

FaithWillDo
Apprentice

Post #114

Post by FaithWillDo »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:40 pm
As for me knowing that God loves you as much as He loves anyone else, I am 100% confident that He does because God's Word tells me so.

Or maybe most importantly, where you shop so your clothes ain't all some kinda poly-cotton blend.

JoeyKnothead said:

Your comment proves that you have no understanding of God or His Word. You should stop acting like you do. You are embarrassing yourself.

The Law of Moses was fulfilled by Christ at the cross. No longer does the Law condemn anyone who is has been converted, nor do His children condemn anyone who has not been converted. The only Law for a Christian is the love God and to love your neighbor as yourself - that includes gays and adulterers.

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

All mankind sins - gays and adulterers are no better or worse than anyone else. Do you believe they are?

However, for those who are not converted, they hate God and they hate their neighbors. This is why there is so much evil in the world. For this reason, Christ will come to them and change them from within. This is conversion - going from being a child of the Devil to being a child of God. Christ has established a pathway to conversion for each person who has ever lived. Once all mankind is converted, the evil and hatred of this world will cease to exist.

The Law was given by Moses to prove that the Law cannot stop anyone from sinning. A spiritual change from within is the only thing that will work. And since mankind has no power to spiritually change themselves, Christ came into the world to do this work for us.

1John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

Christ does not ask mankind for permission to make this spiritual change within us. He simply does it and He does it at a time that He chooses. Mankind has no say in the matter. He is God and our Creator and as such, He has the right to do as He pleases.

One of the reasons you hate God (even though you say you don't believe He exists) is because Satan has deceived you into believing that God is something that He is not. Our God and Creator is loving, merciful and will not stop His work until EVERYONE has been made into a child of God and has immortal life. Someday you will come out from Satan's deceptions and ask the Lord to forgive you - and of course, He will.

Joe
Please explain how this pertains to my comment.
Thank you.
Dear nobspeople,
You commented:
Careful what you ask for! :D
Seriously though, from what I've been told, modern christians don't have to follow those rules, conveniently enough.

Your insulting comment implies that I might stone JoeyKnothead and that I am a "modern Christian" who doesn't have to follow the rules. I included you in my response because I wanted you to a least be exposed to the truth that Christ fulfilled the Law of Moses. Christians are under the New Covenant, not the Old Covenant of Law. Your understanding of Christianity is very flawed.

Joe

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #115

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to FaithWillDo in post #114]

Thank you for clarification. The way you respond makes it difficult to tell and I didn't want to mis-speak.
Your insulting comment implies that I might stone JoeyKnothead and that I am a "modern Christian" who doesn't have to follow the rules.
Any insult you feel is your own fault. If I want to insult someone, there will be zero mistaking it.
Trust me.
The comment wasn't made 'to' you, but in general, in response to Joey's comment. If the shoe fits for you, wear it. If it doesn't, that's fine as well.
A suggestion: try not to be so easily offended - especially here.
Christians are under the New Covenant, not the Old Covenant of Law.
Which supports my comment to Joey, now doesn't it?
Yes. Yes it does.
Your understanding of Christianity is very flawed.
There's no way I could care less about your opinion of my decades worth of christian experience.
Happy posting!

FaithWillDo
Apprentice

Post #116

Post by FaithWillDo »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:01 pm [Replying to FaithWillDo in post #114]

Thank you for clarification. The way you respond makes it difficult to tell and I didn't want to mis-speak.
Your insulting comment implies that I might stone JoeyKnothead and that I am a "modern Christian" who doesn't have to follow the rules.
Any insult you feel is your own fault. If I want to insult someone, there will be zero mistaking it.
Trust me.
The comment wasn't made 'to' you, but in general, in response to Joey's comment. If the shoe fits for you, wear it. If it doesn't, that's fine as well.
A suggestion: try not to be so easily offended - especially here.
Christians are under the New Covenant, not the Old Covenant of Law.
Which supports my comment to Joey, now doesn't it?
Yes. Yes it does.
Your understanding of Christianity is very flawed.
There's no way I could care less about your opinion of my decades worth of christian experience.
Happy posting!
Dear nobspeople,
Your comments were made in response to my comments to JoeyKnothead and were clearly insulting to me personally (not in "general"). You didn't have to address them directly to me since this is a public forum which you knew I read.

If you can't care less of my opinions, then why are you posting with me?

As for your decades of Christian experience, time is of no value if one has not been given "eyes that can see" from Christ. I was a Christian for 26 years of my adult life before I realized that the doctrines of Orthodox Christianity are completely false. Your experience counts for nothing.

This will be my last post on this thread and forum. It's not worth my time to continue here. The Lord has not prepared anyone here to receive His truth. It is time to dust off my sandals and move to another forum.

Joe

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #117

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to FaithWillDo in post #116]

I'm aware of the comment thread. That doesn't mean they were directed towards you. But if you want to be the victim, that's your choice. There's nothing more to be said on that matter.
I was a Christian for 26 years of my adult life before I realized that the doctrines of Orthodox Christianity are completely false.
Congrats!
Your experience counts for nothing.
And yet, here you are, replying to my comments, telling me how much better than me you are. Me thinks he doth protest too much.
This will be my last post on this thread and forum.
Congrats!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #118

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JoeyKnothead said:

Says that'n who can't show his biblical claims're truth without referring to the book a making em.

...Snip sermon...

I have every confidence that asking you to show your sermon is truth'll just be met by more sermons.

Why do so many theists confuse giving sermons with supporting claims?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #119

Post by nobspeople »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:26 pm

JoeyKnothead said:

Says that'n who can't show his biblical claims're truth without referring to the book a making em.

...Snip sermon...

I have every confidence that asking you to show your sermon is truth'll just be met by more sermons.

Why do so many theists confuse giving sermons with supporting claims?
I've found it's about regurgitating what they've been indoctrinated into, little more. Christianty doesn't seem to support independent thought outside dogma. So, many times, this comes from internalized sermons. Sometimes it's of value. Most times though.... eh....

brunumb
Savant

Post #120

Post by brunumb »

FaithWillDo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:14 am Unless Christ comes to you personally and gives you His "gifts", you will remain in your marred spiritual state we all have from birth. Mankind cannot know God or change themselves spiritually. We truly are at the mercy of Christ to save us.
In that case there is absolutely no need for any preachers telling us what God thinks or knows or whatever.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.