Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Late edit to clean quotes...

From Post 182 here:
EarthSciemceGuy wrote: ...
God is not made of matter...
For debate:

What's God made of?
Last edited by JoeyKnothead on Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: What's God made of?

Post #171

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Goat wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:36 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:11 am
Goat wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:59 am
If it's based on the bible, and you can't show that the claims in the bible are true, why promote it?
Because it would be selfish of me not to promoted the TRUTH.

NOTE I make no claims here, I am simply expressing what I believe based on the bible. Please take all sentences to be preceeded by the premise "I believe ..."
Now, the thing is, that is rhetoric you can not show is true. You say that 'Truth will set you free', but what you have not been able to show is that your claims about God are Truth. You have not shown that the bible is true.

I didnt make any claims about God, I stated my BELIEFS about God. What part of the following statement is unclear...
NOTE I make no claims here, I am simply expressing what I believe based on the bible. Please take all sentences to be preceeded by the premise "I believe ..."
Goat wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:36 am You have not shown that the bible is true.
Did I [say] I could ?

Is there a part of "belief" and "faith" that you are having trouble understanding?

NOTE All posts I write represent my personal faith based beliefs as one of Jehovah's Witnesses
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #172

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:23 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:28 pm
Can't imagine how that might confuse some folks.
I am not here to debate your imagination nor discuss my motives. If there is something confusing in my POSTS I am happy to consider clarifying but any frustration that raise from the fact that I generally avoiding making claims in this subforum, especially when asked about the unknown, is not my concern.
I'm confused why you snipped off the part where I mentioned the promoting TRUTH(tm) by expressing unproven beliefs. By doing so the observer might be deprived of the full context, the full truth, of what it was, I was agetting at.

otseng wrote: There is no rule that says anyone has to prove anything. If someone insists you must prove something, challenge them where is it a requirement on the forum that something needs to be proved.
There's also no rule against someone just up and proving something, whether or not asked to do so, within any section of this site.

I think this whole deal points out quite well some theists'll present claims / beliefs -unprovable claims / beliefs- in sections of the site where the less aware observer may confuse such as a claim of truth.

So, as is my wont, from time to time I like to point out that what some consider promoting TRUTH(tm), they might not be able to show it is.

And how so many theists are kinda stuck with their unproven beliefs in these debates, knowing those beliefs'll never stand up to even the least bit of scrutiny.
-Punkinhead Martin

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #173

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:26 am
otseng wrote: There is no rule that says anyone has to prove anything. If someone insists you must prove something, challenge them where is it a requirement on the forum that something needs to be proved.
There's also no rule against someone just up and proving something, whether or not asked to do so, within any section of this site.
Agreed. Any other blatently obvious statements you would like to make or are you through telling me something I know already?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Sherlock Holmes

Post #174

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:25 pm Late edit to clean quotes...

From Post 182 here:
For debate:

What's God made of?
You assume we can apply reductionism to everything, like I told you in other threads, assumptions are never far away even for the atheist!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #175

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:18 am
Agreed. Any other blatently obvious statements you would like to make or are you through telling me something I know already?
Notice that throughout our exchange my concern's been for the observer. Things ain't always just about you.

But, for you, so many of your religious beliefs can't be shown to be TRUTH(tm).

And for everyone, via my army training in commo, we shouldn't just assume that 'obvious' notions are so obvious to all.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #176

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:14 am

From Post 182 here:
For debate:

What's God made of?
You assume we can apply reductionism to everything, like I told you in other threads, assumptions are never far away even for the atheist!
The OP seeks to confirm from what's God made.

There's no requirement for reductionism, if that ain't the way to go.

As I'm telling you in this thread, that's an assumption on your part.
-Punkinhead Martin

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #177

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:50 am
But, for you, so many of your religious beliefs can't be shown to be TRUTH(tm).
I believe they can otherwise I would not hold to them. Feel free to disagree.

JW

PLEASE NOTE I make no claims here, I am simply expressing what I believe based on the bible. Please take all sentences to be preceeded by the premise "I believe ..."

Sherlock Holmes

Post #178

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:55 am
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:14 am

From Post 182 here:
For debate:

What's God made of?
The OP seeks to confirm from what's God made.

There's no requirement for reductionism, if that ain't the way to go.

As I'm telling you in this thread, that's an assumption on your part.
God is made from God, you know, like the universe exists because the universe exists and something can pop into existence from nothing.

:lol:

otseng
Savant

Post #179

Post by otseng »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:18 am Agreed. Any other blatently obvious statements you would like to make or are you through telling me something I know already?
Moderator Comment

You can just agree without adding the additional personal comments.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #180

Let me rephrase to avoid causing any offense: Thank you so such for sharing that point, yes I am aware of that, but REMINDERS are always valuable and I will keep your point in mind.

Is there anything else you would like to add? If not, have a most excellent day,

JW