Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Late edit to clean quotes...

From Post 182 here:
EarthSciemceGuy wrote: ...
God is not made of matter...
For debate:

What's God made of?
Last edited by JoeyKnothead on Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: What's God made of?

Post #201

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:33 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:22 pm This is getting funnier and funnier with each new attempt at what TRUTH(tm) can be put to the OP.
Are you suggesting I made any claim of truth regarding the OP?
I can only conclude post comments comply with site rules on staying on topic to the OP. To conclude otherwise is to accuse em of violating those rules.

Had you not snipped my comments, you'd see I'm absolutely certain you can't, or won't, put you no TRUTH(tm) the OP. The observer's left to ponder why you think your belief puts any TRUTH(tm) to it.

Look, this ain't my problem. As one who promotes TRUTH(tm), it'd be rightly on you to present you some of it, but all you do is wanna carry on about your beliefs.

You're the self-professed promoter of TRUTH(tm) - don't fuss at me when you fail at the task.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #202

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:21 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:35 pm Folks claim there's a god.
They're correct.
JK wrote: What evidence do you find most confirmatory for this conclusion?
The presence of the universe, my own existence within that universe.
What, specifically, about the universe shows us a god exists?

What, specifically, about your existence shows us there's a god?

Ain't it a bit prideful to think, "Well here's ol fancy me, there must be a god!"?
What is empty space made from? it too exists.
JK wrote: So God's empty space?
No, you misunderstood, I was asking you what is space made from to show others here that you don't know, and you don't know otherwise I'm sure you'd have answered rather than evaded.
Please consult site rules. As I've not made claims in this regard, I'm under no obligation to support em.

Space might well be made of stuff we've yet to figure out.
I told you, God is made from God, composed from God, why won't you listen to common sense?
JK wrote: And tautologies are made from tautologies.

What confirmatory evidence can you provide for your claim?
As above, please provide some means to confirm these links.

How do you get from, "Well howdy there, ya big ol universe", to "So proud there's a god"?
What is anything made of?
JK wrote: Depends on what anything, and to what level of detail we can provide.

I like to build stuff. Metal, wood, nails or screws, glue, and cussing're the most common materials, but not necessarily in that order.

Snip request for composition of stuff I ain't claimed to exist.
Do you know what love is made of?
I make no claims regarding the makeup of love.

Do you know what love's made of?

Is love made if God? Is God made of love?
Please show your work.
What I'm trying to teach you here is that the question "What is God made of" is one of a class of questions, it isn't hard to answer because it's asking about God, it's hard to answer because the subject cannot be decomposed, like "love" we cannot apply reduction to the subject of the question.
So we disregard reduction and seek some other means of sorting out how this alledged sentient, acting entity might've come to be.
Basically asking the question and seeing no answer that satisfies you is not some kind of proof that God does not exist or cannot exist,
The observer's expected to draw their own conclusions. But for me, I ain't yet seen evidence sufficient to draw the conclusions you seem to have drawn, namely that whole 'universe, so God' angle.
I've spent enough time now genuinely trying to help you, if this isn't valued or you just want a back-n-forth then I'm done.
I agree you're being as open and honest as ya can, no shenanigans nor nothing. I'd tell it in court.

I find our exchange quite valuable, as it gives us all more data.

I seek to understand the validity of your conclusions.

You'll either engage or not. As for me, I'd hate for the observer to go away possibly thinking I ran off when the questioning got to be it too much.
-Punkinhead Martin

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #203

Post by JehovahsWitness »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:53 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:33 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:22 pm This is getting funnier and funnier with each new attempt at what TRUTH(tm) can be put to the OP.
Are you suggesting I made any claim of truth regarding the OP?
I can only conclude post comments comply with site rules on staying on topic to the OP. To conclude otherwise is to accuse em of violating those rules.

Thats fine then; if you dont have anything else you would like to ask me, I'll wish you a most excellent weekend.

Carry on,

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #204

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:35 pm Thats fine then; if you dont have anything else you would like to ask me, I'll wish you a most excellent weekend.
And you and yours.
Carry on,
So ya know, though it may seem otherwise, I ain't ever hating on ya, as you're typically pleasant and quite intelligent. You hone my skills, and make me think about real or potential errors in my own thinking.

It's just I like to, as you say, "carry on" :wave:
-Punkinhead Martin

brunumb
Savant

Post #205

Post by brunumb »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:21 pm Do you know what love is made of?
Love is not an entity. Does love exist in the absence of an intelligent mind? Do intelligent minds exist in the absence of a suitable substrate capable of formulating ideas and feelings and so on? Can a God exist in the absence of those things?
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Sherlock Holmes

Post #206

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

brunumb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:36 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:21 pm Do you know what love is made of?
Love is not an entity. Does love exist in the absence of an intelligent mind? Do intelligent minds exist in the absence of a suitable substrate capable of formulating ideas and feelings and so on? Can a God exist in the absence of those things?
Is that your attempt at an answer to "What's love made of"? because if you don't just say that.

Sherlock Holmes

Post #207

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:17 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:21 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:35 pm Folks claim there's a god.
They're correct.
JK wrote: What evidence do you find most confirmatory for this conclusion?
What, specifically, about the universe shows us a god exists?

Its' presence, my presence.

If you find a coin in the desert then you can infer that something must have lead to the coin being there, inferring God when we find the universe, the vast, huge, universe is entirely rational and reasonable.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:17 pm Ain't it a bit prideful to think, "Well here's ol fancy me, there must be a god!"?
I have no idea.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:17 pm
What's empty space made from I asked, do you know or don't you?

Just give honest answers to my questions, or is that asking too much from you?

Diogenes
Guru

Post #208

Post by Diogenes »

"What is God made of" is a good question. It has no answer... or it has so many answers it is again rendered meaningless. All this fuss over a term, a concept that cannot be defined... except to say it is beyond definition... an absurd idea to merely put a label on what we do not know.

Before You Embark On A Journey Of Revenge, Dig Two Graves

— Confucius

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #209

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:44 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:17 pm What, specifically, about the universe shows us a god exists?

If you find a coin in the desert then you can infer that something must have lead to the coin being there, inferring God when we find the universe, the vast, huge, universe is entirely rational and reasonable.
Good ole intelligent design. That horse's been beat dead so many times, yet some Christians still try to resurrect it.

I'm not the one claiming space is empty, so I'm under no obligation to try to support your claim.
I'm content to leave the observer to decide who's doing the honest answering.
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #210

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:51 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:44 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:17 pm What, specifically, about the universe shows us a god exists?

Good ole intelligent design. That horse's been beat dead so many times, yet some Christians still try to resurrect it.

I'm not the one claiming space is empty, so I'm under no obligation to try to support your claim.
I'm content to leave the observer to decide who's doing the honest answering.
Even Dawkins advocates intelligent design, I guess you never knew that did you?

Very well, our conversation is at and end, continuing with it can serve no purpose.