Jesus tells how to prove if he is true or false. HE IS FALSE!

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

Jesus tells how to prove if he is true or false. HE IS FALSE!

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Jesus tells how to know if he is true:

"If any man will do his [God's] will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
HE THAT SPEAKETH OF HIMSELF SEEKETH HIS OWN GLORY: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

SO...YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD HOW TO TEST FOR TRUTH. LETS TEST JESUS:

"Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given ME, be with ME WHERE I AM; that they may BEHOLD MY GLORY, which thou hast given ME: for thou lovedst ME before the foundation of the world"

Well now...
Notice it's all about Jesus. Be where he is..behold his glory. Just where is he anyway? Notice he isn't saying us. Wherever he is it isn't where God is.
BEHOLD JESUS' GLORY!!!! JESUS SEEKS HIS OWN GLORY.

tam
Savant

Re: Jesus tells how to prove if he is true or false. HE IS FALSE!

Post #2

Post by tam »

[Replying to Avoice in post #1]

He always sought His Father's glory.

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you."

And the full passage of what you were quoting from:

“My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me. 17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. 18 Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

Christ did not speak on His own, and He sought the glory of His Father.

Peace to you all,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

Miles
Savant

Post #3

Post by Miles »

Avoice wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:05 pm Jesus tells how to know if he is true:

"If any man will do his [God's] will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
HE THAT SPEAKETH OF HIMSELF SEEKETH HIS OWN GLORY: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

"Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given ME, be with ME WHERE I AM; that they may BEHOLD MY GLORY, which thou hast given ME: for thou lovedst ME before the foundation of the world"

Well now...
Notice it's all about Jesus. Be where he is..behold his glory. Just where is he anyway? Notice he isn't saying us. Wherever he is it isn't where God is.
A little bit of preaching, *sigh* :roll: ... but what is it you wanted to debate?

Savant

Post #4

Post by 1213 »

Avoice wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:05 pm ... JESUS SEEKS HIS OWN GLORY.
I don't think he needs to seek it when he already has it.

Avoice
Guru

Post #5

Post by Avoice »

You don't think? You don't think he needs to seek it? Then why is he seeking it. Bottom line is he is seeking his own glory.

Read....he seeks glory...his glory
You are ignoring what he is saying

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #6

Post by nobspeople »

Avoice wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:05 pm Jesus tells how to know if he is true:

Well now...
I'd be one of the first to jump on the bandwagon of anti-christian, well, anything TBH, but the way you're reading this seems to be...biased...is that the right word...? Searching, maybe, is a better word...? :?
Seems like you're falling into common the christian trap: read what you want it to say and not what's there.
Sure, the citation may seem selfish, but, for me, I don't see what you're seeing. Unfortunately.
But, then again, I've been told my decades of being a chritian means nothing, I'm stupid and ignorant, etc, simply because I don't agree with 'this christian' or 'that', so who knows? Maybe I'm wrong and you are correct?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Savant

Post #7

Post by 1213 »

Avoice wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:04 pm You don't think? You don't think he needs to seek it? Then why is he seeking it. Bottom line is he is seeking his own glory.

Read....he seeks glory...his glory
You are ignoring what he is saying

Can you explain why do you claims so, even though Bible doesn’t say Jesus seeked his own glory?