Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Eloi
Banned
Banned

A SPIRIT WORLD

Post #1

Post by Eloi »

The Bible shows that our material world was second in order of existence. The first inhabited world that existed was a world that is invisible to us, but is inhabited by millions of intelligent beings.

The Bible places it in the heavens, but since our physical concepts of dimensions are based on the way we look at the world, it might as well be something like a different dimension, where "above", "below", "before " and "behind" may have a different meaning, or none at all.

Jesus told his apostles that he would take them wherever he was going next. He told them that he would prepare a place for them, because according to him "in the house of [his] Father there are many abodes."

John 14:1 “Do not let YOUR hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God, exercise faith also in me. 2 In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told YOU, because I am going my way to prepare a place for YOU. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for YOU, I am coming again and will receive YOU home to myself, that where I am YOU also may be. ..."

We, Jehovah's Witnesses know that although the spirits do not have bodies of flesh and blood like us, they have another kind of body with which they distinguish themselves as individuals in that kind of world where they live. We call that kind of body a "spiritual body," as the Scripture calls it. We believe that the Logos of God, who was later born as Jesus, had such a body next to God. Do you agree?

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Re: A SPIRIT WORLD

Post #41

Post by Eloi »

Although the spirits do not have material bodies like our bodies, we can clearly understand from the Scriptures that they do have a "body" with which they distinguish themselves from each other and have communication with each other as individuals. It is then understood that in their own sphere of existence, they also have bodies, even though they are invisible to our eyes, and we cannot imagine what their figure or image would be like that distinguishes between themselves.

Each angel is a different individual with his own spiritual body, just as the Word had his own spiritual body next to God before he was born, and now he has a spiritual body next to God and along with the rest of the intelligent beings invisible to our eyes.

In the following account this distinction between the spirits can be noted:

2 Chron. 18:18 Mi·caiʹah then said: “Therefore, hear the word of Jehovah: I saw Jehovah sitting on his throne and all the army of the heavens standing at his right and at his left. 19 Jehovah then said, ‘Who will fool King Aʹhab of Israel, so that he will go up and fall at Raʹmoth-gilʹe·ad?’ And one was saying one thing while another said something else. 20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before Jehovah and said, ‘I will fool him.’ Jehovah asked him, ‘How will you do it?’ 21 He replied, ‘I will go out and become a deceptive spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ So he said, ‘You will fool him, and what is more, you will be successful. Go out and do that.’ ..."

Paul tells us of the existence of spiritual bodies, which are distinguished from each other as we humans are distinguished from each other by our own individual physical bodies:

1 Cor. 15:42 So it is with the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised up in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised up in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised up in power. 44 It is sown a physical body; it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 However, what is spiritual is not first. What is physical is first, and afterward what is spiritual. 47 The first man is from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven. 48 Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust; and like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we will bear also the image of the heavenly one.
50 But I tell you this, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s Kingdom, nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

When we realize the existence of such bodies, we better understand why it was not necessary for Jesus to occupy a physical body when he was resurrected on the third day. His body with which he was raised at that time was a spirit body with its corresponding different capacities, to live in a different realm, where he had been before he was born.