Babylon the Great

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Babylon the Great

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Babylon the Great, commonly known as the Whore of Babylon.

For discussion
What is it? What does it mean? Is it a place, person, action? How does it pertain to modern christianity? Or does it?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: Babylon the Great

Post #91

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:25 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:25 pm
The 8th head of the beast and his 10 horns (Rev 17:16) are not the U.S. or Britain, nor the UN.
Well we do not believe the "ten horns" of the beast represent the United States or Britain. Listen, you are welcome to your own interpretation, I have read them and suspect I'm the only one in this thread who has, given the lack of responses the evoke. Your interpretations are extremly dense and somewhat confusing but if you are happy with them, enjoy!

I choose to disagree with your take although I thank you for raising points I can thereafter post something about.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

Does an angel destroy Babylon The Great?
viewtopic.php?p=1066124#p1066124

Can we place the destruction of Babylon in some kind of timeframe?
viewtopic.php?p=1066098#p1066098

Which religions are part of Babylon the Great?
viewtopic.php?p=1038821#p1038821

Who or what are BTG's daughters?
viewtopic.php?p=1065555#p1065555

Who Is the Antichrist?
viewtopic.php?p=1039331#p1039331
Your literature indicates that Britain and the U.S. are the head of the beast, which is ludicrous. The 8th head is described as was, is not, and is the 8th head, written during the reign of the 6th head. The U.S. did not exist prior to the time of the writing of Revelation. Revelation 16 describes the return of the beast in the form of his demon spirit. The head of the beast prior to the Augustus Caesars, was Julius Caesar, and the Caesar of the 20th century, part of the 10 horns, were the Kaiser (Caesar) of Germany, the Czar (Caesar) of Russia, Mussolini describing himself as Julius Caesar, Hitler creating the 3rd Reich (3rd Roman empire). It is these who will make the harlot, the Jews desolate, and burn with fire, such as with Hitler burning 6 million Jews. Judah is harlot with respect to Revelation 17:16. It was Germany, the iron, in the form of the Kaiser, and the Muslim ottomans, the clay, in 1918 who were crushed (Daniel 2:45). It was the Russians (iron) and the Muslims (clay) who were crushed by the Jews in the 1967 Israeli war. It was the Germans (iron) and the Muslims, (clay), and Mussolini, who called himself Julius Caesar, and Japan, the land supposedly ruled by descendants of the sun god, who were crushed in the 2nd world War. It was the US and Britain who help "revive" "Judah and Jerusalem" (Joel 3:2). The earth is the 3rd planet from the sun, and I think the dead JWs, since 1918, are ruling from a foreign planet, and have lost track of reality on earth.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #92

Post by JehovahsWitness »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:48 am

Your literature indicates that Britain and the U.S. are the head of the beast, which is ludicrous.
No we do not. Do you really feel you know enough about Jehovahs Witness teachings in general and our interpretation of the visions of Revelation in particular to correct me on this? If so, please provide the reference from our literature.

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to

DANIEL'S PROPHECIES , BABYLON THE GREAT and ... THE BOOK OF REVELATION
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #93

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:41 pm

Your literature indicates that Britain and the U.S. are the head of the beast, which is ludicrous.
No we do not. Do you really feel you know enough about Jehovahs Witness teachings in general and our interpretation of the visions of Revelation in particular to correct me on this? If so, please provide the reference from our literature

JW
The JW visual, which I had assumed came from your trove of literature, was presented in the last 3 months, on this site, with Britian and the U.S. as heads of the beast. Now you are saying the last head of the beast, the 8th head is the UN, which is a dead unification state, preempted by Nato, another dying unification state, and pointing to Revelation 17:16 as justification for you saying that the UN will crush Babylon the Great, when Revelation is not about Babylon the Great, but one of her harlot daughters, Judah, who was crushed, under judgment (Joel 5), not by the U.N., but has already been under judgment by all the heads of the beasts, and recently by the 10 horns of the 8th head of the beast, being Julius Caesar, in the form of the Czars, Kaisers, Mussolini, and the 3rd Reichs (3rd Roman empire) under Hitler.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #94

Post by JehovahsWitness »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:39 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:41 pm

No we do not. Do you really feel you know enough about Jehovahs Witness teachings in general and our interpretation of the visions of Revelation in particular to correct me on this? If so, please provide the reference from our literature

JW
The JW visual, which I had assumed came from your trove of literature, was presented in the last 3 months, on this site, with Britian and the U.S. as heads of the beast.

Which visual are you refering to specifically?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8