How about a one-to-one debating thread option?

Feedback and site usage questions

Moderator: Moderators

harvey1
Prodigy

How about a one-to-one debating thread option?

Post #1

Post by harvey1 »

I'd like to suggest an option to create a thread in any sub-forum where only one poster can respond if they agree to take up a debate. I've seen this on other web sites, and I thought it was very helpful in following two debaters who take an issue to a certain point, and then the thread is closed. Can we try something like this on this forum? For example, I would like to have some one-on-one debates with QED on the issue of selection of intelligence in the universe.

My idea is that the poster can pick the debater from a list of active members, and the debater can respond. If the debater doesn't respond after so much time has gone by, then the thread is closed and archived. (Or, something like that...)
People say of the last day, that God shall give judgment. This is true. But it is not true as people imagine. Every man pronounces his own sentence; as he shows himself here in his essence, so will he remain everlastingly -- Meister Eckhart

achilles12604
Site Supporter

Post #21

Post by achilles12604 »

achilles12604 wrote:
McCulloch wrote:I'm game. What topic should we do?
The one you PM'd me would be interesting. I'll PM you back.
I havn't heard back from you McC.
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.