Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

William
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2341

Post by William »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #2339]

As my recent posts have pointed out, if one such as yourself wishes to believe a certain thing about death, the bible has it there for your support.

You shall indeed sleep until such a time as it may be deemed a good time to awaken you.
It will not matter a hoot to you then, so why it matters to you now, makes no difference.

I have had clear indication that sleep is not for every personality that ever roamed the Earth. OOBE does that to a personality.

:)

You do know that the actually time between when one sleeps and when awakens will be but a moment in one's experience? The actual length of time that went by, won't matter...so it amounts to the same thing, even that it is different.

William
Savant

Post #2342

Post by William »

The great extent of galactic halos
The Andromeda galaxy is currently racing toward our Milky Way at a speed of about 70 miles (113 km) per second. With this in mind, our merger will occur five billion years from now. But, in August 2020, the peer-reviewed Astrophysical Journal published new research revealing that the collision between our galaxies is already underway.
{SOURCE}

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2343

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:12 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2339]

As my recent posts have pointed out, if one such as yourself wishes to believe a certain thing about death, the bible has it there for your support.

You shall indeed sleep until such a time as it may be deemed a good time to awaken you.
There will be two resurrections or awakenings -- one for deceased believers and one for deceased nonbelievers.

The Bible gives the time of these two events.
William wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:12 pm OOBE does that to a personality.
OOBE does what to a personality?
William wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:12 pmYou do know that the actual time between when one sleeps and when awakens will be but a moment in one's experience?
Moments are not known to the "dead." To them, it will be as if it never happened.

Resurrection will seem instantaneous to everyone -- whether they are dead for a millisecond or thousands of years.

Above, you claimed that there is no reason why both of Onewithhim's groups cannot be members of the Kingdom of God.

The two groups are the spiritual bodied 144,000 and the larger human group assigned to the earth for eternity.

Please explain how both could be members of the Kingdom of God.

She has yet to explain this.

Thanks in advance.

William
Savant

Post #2344

Post by William »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #2343]
What do you think Jesus meant by "Thy Kingdom come thy will be done on EARTH" [as it is done in Heaven]?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2345

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:32 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2343]
What do you think Jesus meant by "Thy Kingdom come thy will be done on EARTH" [as it is done in Heaven]?
That means the earth will once again become part of the Kingdom of Heaven, and that has nothing to do with my question.

How can both of those groups join the Kingdom of God?

It's not possible according to the Bible. Perhaps that's got you stumped.

William
Savant

Post #2346

Post by William »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:54 pm
William wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:32 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2343]
That means the earth will once again become part of the Kingdom of Heaven, and that has nothing to do with my question.
Why not?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2347

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:25 pm There is no need to look any further than in the beginning YHWH created the first humans in The image of YHWH - [their {YHWHs} image of YHWH - not mans image of YHWH]

SHOULD GOD .BE REFERED TO AS SHE /HER BECAUSE BOTH SEXES WERE CREATED IN HIS IMAGE?

Humans were made in Gods image but this does not refer to our our biology but to the fact that humans (both male and female) posses similar qualities to out Creator. Qualities such as a higher capacity to display intelligence, compassion and love and spirituality. Intellegence and wisdom, love, compassion and spirituality are not classified by biological gender and there is no reason to think because humans were created to be similar to God in character we should conclude God is or should be refered to as a female.
For more on how humans ressemble God see these LINKS ...

In what sense was man created in God's image?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 78#p936778

How should we understand being in God's image ? (Tim)
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 01#p813001

Unlike humans God is not bound by gender, he is beyond what we humans even have language for so more than anybody else God can choose how he wants to be refered to. Jesus, who is the authority on all things spiritual never once refered to YHWH by feminine personal pronouns always referring to YHWH as "the Father". Indeed there is no scripture that directly refers to the person of Jehovah (YHWH) as female outside of metaphor.

Thus biblically the matter of Gods choice of personal pronouns is settled. He/his /him is the biblical choice of pronouns. It is generally considered dispresectful to deliberately call or refer to someone by an incorrect appellative.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

RELATED POSTS
Should we refer to God as "it" ?
viewtopic.php?p=1035053#p1035053

Does Genesis 1:26 (see above) mean women were not created in God's image?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 53#p957153

What is god made of ?
viewtopic.php?p=1059808#p1059808

To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

GOD, GODS and ... DIVINE GENDER
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #2348

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:48 am
William wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:25 pm There is no need to look any further than in the beginning YHWH created the first humans in The image of YHWH - [their {YHWHs} image of YHWH - not mans image of YHWH]

SHOULD GOD .BE REFERED TO AS SHE /HER BECAUSE BOTH SEXES WERE CREATED IN HIS IMAGE?

Humans were made in Gods image but this does not refer to our our biology but to the fact that humans (both male and female) posses similar qualities to out Creator. Qualities such as a higher capacity to display intelligence, compassion and love and spirituality. Intellegence and wisdom, love, compassion and spirituality are not classified by biological gender and there is no reason to think because humans were created to be similar to God in character we should conclude God is or should be refered to as a female.
For more on how humans ressemble God see these LINKS ...

In what sense was man created in God's image?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 78#p936778

How should we understand being in God's image ? (Tim)
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 01#p813001

Unlike humans God is not bound by gender, he is beyond what we humans even have language for so more than anybody else God can choose how he wants to be refered to. Jesus, who is the authority on all things spiritual never once refered to YHWH by feminine personal pronouns always referring to YHWH as "the Father". Indeed there is no scripture that directly refers to the person of Jehovah (YHWH) as female.

Thus biblically the matter of Gods choice of personal pronouns is settled. He/his /him is the biblical choice of pronouns. It is generally considered dispresectful to deliberately call or refer to someone by an incorrect appellative.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

RELATED POSTS
Should we refer to God as "it" ?
viewtopic.php?p=1035053#p1035053

Does Genesis 1:26 (see above) mean women were not created in God's image?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 53#p957153

What is god made of ?
viewtopic.php?p=1059808#p1059808

To learn more please go to other posts related to ....

GOD, GODS and ... DIVINE GENDER
Personally, I believe god was created in man's image and in a male dominated society of the time, god was thusly 'male' in its description.
But let's take the happy trolley to what I'll call 'imagination-land', where god created everything.
Again, in a male dominated society of the time the bible was written, it would make sense for men to write about god as a male.
There are cultures on this planet that, even today, have more than one gender.
So for someone to expect god to be only 'male or female' seems, at best, reflective of the culture in which one currently lives IMO
How that relates to 'paradise'.....? Maybe there, it will be non-binary, genderless or androgynous? Maybe everyone will look the same, sound the same, think the same... that may be paradise for some?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2349

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:23 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:53 am
Yes, we can live forever here on the earth -- but not as humans.

We must be changed to spirits.
HOW DO WE KNOW IT WILL BE HUMAN BEINGS NOT SPIRITS THAT WILL LIVE FOREVER ON EARTH ?

Because the earth was created for humans not spirits; since the bible assures us whatever God purposes must come true, then it is impossible for God to fail to make this happen and instead give the planet to another life form.
The earth is about 4.5 billion years old. Adam and Eve were created about 6,000 years ago.

Why is there over a 5 billion year delay in the appearance of Adam and Eve?

Why weren't Adam and Eve created in the beginning if the earth was created for them?

William
Savant

Post #2350

Post by William »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2347]
Humans were made in Gods image but this does not refer to our our biology but to the fact that humans (both male and female) posses similar qualities to out Creator.
Biology is not the issue - it is a symptom of Spirit in relation to physical form - something which was manifested due to the duality of Earth-YHWH when they created in their image.

This is most apparent in the form of Hermaphrodite, where the two become one. I would post a pic of a human Hermaphrodite, but since I already have two strikes against my evil name, I daren't run the risk of offending someone and being complained about, if I want to continue posting hereabouts.
Qualities such as a higher capacity to display intelligence, compassion and love and spirituality. Intellegence and wisdom, love, compassion and spirituality are not classified by biological gender and there is no reason to think because humans were created to be similar to God in character we should conclude God is or should be refered to as a female.
If you have a problem with calling Dad, Mom then by all means don't.

I myself am allowed by YHWH to do so, and nothing you or any other Christian, [or Jew or Islamist] have any legal protest on the matter.
The best you can do is bow to my right to do so, and respect it, as much as I have to respect your position on the matter.
Unlike humans God is not bound by gender, he is beyond what we humans even have language for so more than anybody else God can choose how he wants to be refered to.
YHWH choses to be referred to any way I feel is appropriate. That is the nature of Our Bond.

Also - humans are not strictly 'bound' by gender identity - It is more a case of education than of nature that humans look at their bodies and decide by that, what it is that they are.

For example, I look at my body and I see a male human.

The difference is that I understand that I am the one doing the observing through the form I inhabit. I am The Ghost in that machine - meaty as it might be - I am not the form and no human really is.

We are Children of YHWH whom together breathed us into this reality.

Those who don't know this truth about themselves, cannot take that truth away from others no matter how convincing or authoritative they make appearances of being.
Jesus, who is the authority on all things spiritual never once refered to YHWH by feminine personal pronouns always referring to YHWH as "the Father".
YHWH informs me that Jesus had a specific job to do which required him NOT referring to YHWH as "YHWH" and Jesus knew that his mission would be over way before it even started if he had referred to YHWH as "The Mother."
That is because - by then - the truth had been buried under gender-dominant history of the human self identifying as "Male" and females in that world are always second to that.
Whereas within YHWH there is equity - an equality of joint purpose. Neither aspect occupies The Throne without the Other.
Indeed there is no scripture that directly refers to the person of Jehovah (YHWH) as female.
"Let Us Create" Do you think YHWH was talking to "the boys" when She spoke those words?
She was talking to her Husband and just happens to be married to Herself. Something we all must do eventually.
Thus biblically the matter of Gods choice of personal pronouns is settled.
I have already addressed that history. Male dominated religions are always going to have a male image of YHWH. I am not interested in focusing on images of YHWH presented to me by men.
Nor am I interested in any attempt to try and manipulate YHWH within the confines of ink and paper processed by the minds of such men.

That is why I see YHWH in the Earth-consciousness and that is how YHWH created life on Earth.
I commune with that consciousness and find out what is being hidden...that allows for the individual and YHWH to move together outside of any human invented restrictions.

I also understand that Earth-YHWH is 'a god in the making' which Milky Way YHWH gave birth to and that Universal Entity YHWH oversees the whole unfolding reality with little-to-no interference re said processes.
"The Universe" is Universal YHWH's "God-Making Machine".

In this, with the additional mix of Andromeda touching - as the merge takes hold, the two Galactic YHWHs will become one, so 'much change on the way".
He/his /him is the biblical choice of pronouns.
The choice of pronouns was the choice of those men who wrote it that way.
It is generally considered dispresectful to deliberately call or refer to someone by an incorrect appellative.
"dispresectful" = like a 'cult' only 'official'. [dispersion re sect full] :)
re what you meant to write...

"Our Mother Who Art In Heaven" is hardly "disrespectful".