Head-to-head subforum request

Requests for head-to-head debate
otseng
Savant

Head-to-head subforum request

Post #1

Post by otseng »

If you would like to debate in a head-to-head debate, find an opponent and agree on a topic. Then both of you must post here with the topic title you two have agreed on and then send me a PM with the link to your request. You two should also agree beforehand the format of the debate. I'll then give you both membership to the usergroup. You are then free to create the topic and debate.

After the debate is over, PM me and I'll lock the thread and remove you from the usergroup.
Last edited by otseng on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ResentfulBelly17
Student

Re: Trinity

Post #141

Post by ResentfulBelly17 »

[Replying to post 140 by otseng]

I already opened a thread, Wootah

Kevin King
Student

Re: Head-to-head subforum request

Post #142

Post by Kevin King »

Hello everyone

I am looking for H2H opponents for the fall. My specialties are in social sciences, neuro and biological sciences, philosophy with an emphasis in bioethics, and Christian apologetics. Some subjects of interest with my positions are:

1 The possibility "nothing" exists No
2 Abortion Rights No
3 Physician-assisted Suicide No
4 Christian faith/Practice Rights Yes
5. Issues of Freedom and Liberty Yes
6 The Soul is part of the Brain Yes
7 All Roads leading to God No

These subjects can probably can be broken down further and I could be challenged on more topics. Although I can do probably any style of debate, I like Q&A (cross-examination) debate, seeking control of the opponent, exploiting weaknesses and breaking positions down through discrediting rebuttal. I also like to debate with unique formats and rules, if agreed to in order to make the debate more challenging, interesting and fun.

As for time table, I am looking at October or November to begin to be scheduled ahead in negotiation although no time table on preliminary discussions.Please note, I am disabled with cerebral palsy and do things slowly so please work with me on time lines and limits. Other wise, you can be as hard on me as you want. My ideal opponent at this time would be the following: athiests/agnostics, Christians who want to debate any subjects with a faith perspective, and fellow newbies, who want to get there feet wet in H2H competition. Somebody who has basic to intermediate skill level would be preferable.

Anyone interested in taking me on should pm me, or leave me a message on this forum and I'll pm you. Please give me your ideas. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kevin K

Kevin King
Student

Re: Head-to-head subforum request

Post #143

Post by Kevin King »

Anyone for a debate on the question on the question of Is the United States a Christian Nation?

I'm a yes

details to be negotiated by PM

Kevin K

historia
Prodigy

What did Paul mean by the term "spiritual body"?

Post #144

Post by historia »

Difflugia and I have agreed to debate what Paul meant by the term "spiritual body" in 1 Cor. 15:44, in particular whether James Tabor's interpretation is correct:
Tabor wrote:
[Paul] clearly affirms a "literal" but spiritual resurrection –- for both Jesus and those at the end of history. The dead are raised in an embodied form -- but their bodies are no longer "flesh and blood," but transformed into what he calls a "pneumatikos" body -- that is a non-physical "spiritual" mode of being.

otseng
Savant

Re: What did Paul mean by the term "spiritual body"?

Post #145

Post by otseng »

[Replying to historia in post #145]

Added you two to usergroup.