Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

A 6 Day Creation

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 961 here:
EarthScienceguy wrote: There is now more evidence than ever before about 6-day creation.
For debate:

Please offer evidence for a literal six day creation of the Universe.

Please remember that in this section of the site the Bible is not considered authoritative.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: A 6 Day Creation

Post #501

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:50 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:43 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:39 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #457]

It seems you hadn't noticed, but I'm no longer suspended.
It says "under suspension" below your name.
Yes, it does, but I'm no longer suspended because I can freely participate in discussions.
My point stands... You were lamenting the poor state of civility, yet you were or are a part of it
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #502

Post by Jose Fly »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:03 pm I'm not a solipsist, if you think I've implied that, you are incorrect.
Utterly bizarre to see a person who just said "I know nothing" say "I'm not a solipsist".
I have since learned that we must trust God for our understanding, we must recognize that true, valuable knowledge is spiritual knowledge and spiritual knowledge is revealed never discovered. Without God we are like blind bats flying around, unaware of a deeper more profound reality.
Can you given an example of this revealed knowledge? Also, how can you refer to it as "knowledge" if you also believe you don't know anything?
Being apathetic is great....or not. I don't really care.

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #503

Post by Jose Fly »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:10 pm [Replying to Jose Fly in post #498]

We cannot discuss this meaningfully Jose, I am of the opinion you have committed the genetic fallacy by drawing attention to the origins of the 6 Day Creation hypothesis as being in some way relevant as to its truth. You clearly disagree and so I see no way forward on this specific issue. There is no "disconnect" we disagree, its as simple as that.
So no matter how many times I tell you that I'm not speaking to the truth of either position, you're just going to continue to insist that I am.

That's not only quite arrogant, but is very rude as well. It also reveals a level of intransigence that explains much of your behaviors here.
Being apathetic is great....or not. I don't really care.

otseng
Savant

Post #504

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Thread has resulted in too many rule violations. Closing the thread.

Moderator actions indicate that a thread/post has been locked, moved, merged, or split.