Seeing God

Definition of terms and explanation of concepts

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Scholar

Seeing God

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

I did not know anyone had seen God with human eyes until I became aware of Exodus Chapter 24, v 1-18. It is extraordinary. Moses, along with 3 men and 70 elders actually beheld God right before their eyes.
Why have all these people not described what God looked like? Could it be there are no words to do so?
Any thoughts on this amazing part of the Old Testament would be useful to me in order to understand it's significance.

Miles
Savant

Re: Seeing God

Post #2

Post by Miles »

Rose2020 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:22 am I did not know anyone had seen God with human eyes until I became aware of Exodus Chapter 24, v 1-18. It is extraordinary. Moses, along with 3 men and 70 elders actually beheld God right before their eyes.
Why have all these people not described what God looked like? Could it be there are no words to do so?
Any thoughts on this amazing part of the Old Testament would be useful to me in order to understand it's significance.
Just a wild tale concocted by Moses to boost his importance and that of Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and the 70 elders of Israel. But what I get a kick out of is Moses's ploy to get the people to give him and his buds gifts by pretending they were requested by god for himself.

Exodus 25
25 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Tell the Israelites to bring me gifts. You will accept gifts for me from everyone who is willing to give. 3 Here is the list of the things that you should accept from the people: gold, silver, and bronze; 4 blue, purple, and red yarn and fine linen; goat hair, 5 ram skins dyed red, and fine leather; acacia wood; 6 oil for the lamps; spices for the anointing oil and spices for the sweet-smelling incense. 7 Also accept onyx stones and other jewels to be put on the ephod and the judgment pouch.

As if god couldn't have procured these himself or had any use for them. All of which is followed by the specifics for building and erecting a very expensive tent.

Nah, Moses had everyone snookered, and snookered good.