Conversion therapy

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, intersex, and asexual discussion
nobspeople
Prodigy

Conversion therapy

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

As if one needs to be told how terrible and utterly stupid this practice is, it's also, apparently, a financial issue.
For discussion:
Will this barbaric practice - oft in the name of 'god' - finally be discontinued in the USA now that there is a $ figure on it?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/conversion-t ... 48294.html
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: Conversion therapy

Post #2

Post by Goat »

I knew someone who was forced by her parents at age 16 to go to a 'conversion therapy' camp. It was a very traumatic experience for her, and from what I gather, a number of people who went to the camp with her died either of suicide or drug overdoses by the time a decade was out (about half) I knew her about 15 years after that happened, and 7 out of 16 people passed away at that time.

That makes me very glad that a number of states have started prohibiting conversion therapy for minors.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: Conversion therapy

Post #3

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

There is a beautiful option, though. It is the 3-step treatment for schizophrenia, alleviating the difficulties of homosexuals, making their lives much better. It's a kind of "conversion", but not one that's unpleasant.
Rather is provides proper medicine to all who need it. 3-step treatment: scientific ECT, Olanzepine (e.g. Zyprexa®) and medical sleep assistance, morphine-based. This 3-step treatment is going to change the World for good.
:thanks: ;)

PS: The 3-step treatment is really the rehabilitation of the nervous system and does not represent any (religious) "conversion therapy" that's banned by law.
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!