USA Nuclear Policy on Twitter?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Divine Insight
Savant

USA Nuclear Policy on Twitter?

Post #1

Post by Divine Insight »

Donald Trump isn't even the official president of the United States yet and he's already tweeting to the world that he's preparing for an arms race until the rest of the world comes it its sense regarding nukes!

"The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes" - Donald Trump

This is deadly serious folks. Americans have just elected an absolute lunatic as commander-in-chief of the United States Nuclear Arsenal!

Just as predicted, this totally unfit idiot is "tweeting" nuclear threats to the rest of the world and he hasn't even been officially inaugurated as president yet. He can hardly wait to get his finger on the nuclear button and start using it to threaten other countries to come to their senses? :shock:

I don't care who supports this maniac, the USA has just been taken over by an absolute madman who is clearly unfit for the job.

Obama certainly made that call right!

We are about to go from having a previously intelligent human being as president to having an absolute idiot that most likely has serious psychological mental illness as well.

I don't care who supports Trump, this is crazy! He's not even in the office yet and he's talking about using nuclear threats until the rest of the world come to their senses?

Sorry folks, but Donald Trump is the one who has no sense at all. None whatsoever!

This is absolute insanity.

Even if a president wanted to make some statement about nuclear policy changes you don't do it using twitter threatening the rest of the world to come to their senses.

This is insane.

How can anyone support this madman? He's going to provoke a nuclear war Through Twitter no less!

He doesn't even bother sitting down with security advisors and going through the proper channels. He just blurts out insanity on Twitter!

How can anyone defend this obvious irresponsibility?

This man is not fit to be in charge of anything much less the United States of America!

How could our democracy have failed so dramatically to have allowed such an insane mentally ill person to take over our country?

This isn't politics as normal people. This is total insanity, there's just no other way to describe it.

How can anyone defend this obvious irresponsibility of using Twitter to make worldwide threats about nukes out of the blue?

How can any sane person not be concerned about this?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Re: USA Nuclear Policy on Twitter?

Post #11

Post by DanieltheDragon »

[Replying to post 10 by Divine Insight]

The feat of magic is the billions he will inrich himself by being president. It's the conflicts of interest he doesn't want you looking at. So long as we concern ourselves with Obamacare, nukes, sexism, racism he'll be busy breaking the piggy bank.

Our debt will go up, interest rates will go up, taxes will eventually have to go up. Will have to make even more severe cuts just to pay for all the debt we are about to accrue.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #12

Post by Divine Insight »

[Replying to post 11 by DanieltheDragon]

Should we call that "pulling a rabbit out of a hat"? :-k

I think it's more like "pulling the wool over the eyes of the GOP and the less than 1/4 of Americans who were suckered into voting for him."

I think the Democrats and the bulk of Americans are onto him. ;)

So at best we might be able to say that he's an extremely poor "magician".

By the way, taunting the rest of the world into having a nuclear arms race with the USA is a pretty dangerous "shiny object" to be dangling as a distraction. Other nations might not realize that it's "just a distraction" whilst he robs Americans, they might think he's the ACTUAL PRESIDENT of the USA! :shock:

Come to think of it, they'd be RIGHT! 8-[
[center]Image
[/center]

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #13

[Replying to post 12 by Divine Insight]

MAD still rules and the only country crazy enough is N. Korea who is probably the one country Trump has not taunted and was praised by :shock:. If the democrats were really onto him they would have won the election. Through their Hubris they lost. Most democrat politicians are spineless though so they will cave to nearly everything trump wants.
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #14

Post by Divine Insight »

DanieltheDragon wrote: If the democrats were really onto him they would have won the election.
They actually thought they had it in the bag. And the polls gave them false confidence. In fact, the polls gave EVERYONE false confidence. Americans were SHOCKED on election night! Nobody expected Trump to win. Not even his own campaign.

Well, I shouldn't say, "nobody" there were those who were warning that this was going to happen.

The problem now is not one of politics. It's not that the "Republicans" won and the "Democrats" lost. I think everyone could have accepted that without much problem.

Trump isn't a Republican. Nor is he a conservative. He's basically a mentally ill individual who has just WON the United States of America as his own personal toy to play with.

Many republicans don't seem to realize this. Trump is now the leader of the Republican party whether the republicans like it or not. He's going to be calling the shots and they are going to have to jump through his hoops.

It will be interesting to see just how well our democracy actually holds up in this situation. We already see a lot of disagreement between republicans and the Trump agenda. So we'll see how that all plays out over time. But this isn't about democrats and republicans. Trump is no republican. He just used the republican party for his own agenda.

And by the way inviting nations to join us in a "Nuclear Arms Race" is NOT a Republican position!

Trump is a lone madman who basically has the republicans on a string. We'll see whether or not they will dance to his tune.
[center]Image
[/center]

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #15

[Replying to post 14 by Divine Insight]

We are in a tricky position because the crazy wing of the part just had their beliefs validated. So those that don't dance his tune will be replaced with those that will. Honestly, the next 4 years are going to suck and there is not much anyone can do about it. My family will be fine my wife works in a sector insulated from the type of economic distress we are likely to face and the tax cuts will greatly improve our situation.

The national debt though will grow, education will decline, veterans will be worse off, taxes will eventually have to go back up and programs will have to be cut without much to show for what we have already invested. At the end of four years we will have to bite the bullet and it will be a big bullet to bite.

Willum
Savant

Post #16

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 15 by DanieltheDragon]

Nonsense.
We will have a Reagan-like period of prosperity. A Bush-like decline, and then a Clinton-like period of prosperity.

History repeats, by design.

We manufacture money, and have plenty of food, labor and materials.
What's driving the "bears and bulls," in your version?

And we will have the "Phantom Menace," of Nuclear War, just like Reagan, and the big bad Russian Bear, again.

I though nuclear devastation was a silly idea in th e70's and 80's, before we were all scared of Phantom Terrorists.

Sojestan

Post #17

Post by Sojestan »

In my opinion, the Internet is now an ideal place to conduct political games and gain people's loyalty. In addition, social networks are a powerful mechanism of influence on society. I can give you an example of my Instagram account. I am an artist, and to make my account more popular and get more customers, I bought subscribers on 1394TA. After that, I was noticed by real people, and my work became interesting to many people. Thus, we can draw a simple conclusion - people follow the crowd, and social networks easily create this crowd. That's why politicians are now using social networks to influence voters.