Can anyone give good reason to believe Yahweh is not a demon?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

Post #1

Post by Willum »

Demand animal sacrifices.
Demand the Hebrew commit genocide for a cultural misunderstanding.
A demon would murder planets because he was having a tantrum.
When the Hebrew's generations were weakened by following it, had them undergo genocides themselves.
A demon would allow Adam and Eve to be corrupted, for reasons opaque. (Perfect beings not intending to sin, sinning.)
A demon would be defeated by a greater power (Satan) yet claim victory.
A demon would turn people to salt for looking back.
A demon would claim to love you, while sending most folks to Hell.
A demon would write a book saying he was good, omnipotent and full of all sorts of propaganda.
A demon would re-name itself "God," to capitalize on the conflation with the benevolence of deities.

...and so on.

Can anyone provide good reason to not suspect Yahweh is a demon?

Wootah
Savant

Re: Can anyone give good reason to believe Yahweh is not a demon?

Post #91

Post by Wootah »

William wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:50 pm [Replying to Wootah in post #89]
I do truly think YHWH represents the first truly invisible God.
What gives you that understanding?
Other gods are mute idols - they always have a physical manifestation that people can look at. There is nothing in creation that can represent God but everything points to him.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Clownboat
Savant

Post #92

Post by Clownboat »

Wootah wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:08 am I do truly think YHWH represents the first truly invisible God.
Wootah wrote:Other gods are mute idols - they always have a physical manifestation that people can look at.
Obviously, this would not make a real god not real. Seems like a baseless reason to discount all the competing god concepts that are out there if you ask me.
There is nothing in creation that can represent God but everything points to him.
I'll never understand this nonsensical statement. Things do not point to your preferred god concept. They just don't and we all know it. What you say is an empty religious platitude that you can offer no reason as to why a tree (for example) would point to your preferred god over another persons preferred god that they happen to place their faith in.

Due to these observations, I find your claimed reasons for 'understanding' to be wanting (personally of course).
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

William
Savant

Post #93

Post by William »

Wootah wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:08 am
William wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:50 pm [Replying to Wootah in post #89]
I do truly think YHWH represents the first truly invisible God.
Other gods are mute idols - they always have a physical manifestation that people can look at.
Have you been told this ... or do you have it - in your own subjective experience - that the invisible God YHWH - speaks to you?

Because, if it is the former, then YHWH is a "mute, invisible god" who 'speaks' to you through others. If those others report to you that they have seen the invisible, then they are reporting that YHWH is not truly an invisible God.

If it is the latter, then how do you ascertain that the invisible voice of YHWH is the actual voice of the "first truly invisible God"?
There is nothing in creation that can represent God but everything points to him.
If everything points to YHWH as the "first truly invisible God" are these not therefore able to be described as "physical manifestations that people can look at"?

In what way is it wise to compare YHWH with mute physical idols that people can look at, if there are also invisible entities who can - as one biblical writ offers opinion on others - calling these "false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ" and adding the idea alongside that - perhaps as a way of instilling the concept as a concrete thing in the minds of any who listen - that it is nothing to marvel about because "Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light"...and quite the reason I would say, as to why questions such as "Can anyone give good reason to believe Yahweh is not a demon?" are asked, since both YHWH and Satan are presented equally as "invisible entities" and both appear to be able to present through physical manifestations that people can look at and interact with.

For my part - I consider the Earth Herself to being a god, for she has many of the attributes of a god, but I do not consider Her to being the form of the planet - but rather, the mind therein - and invisible at that [as are all minds] - so wherein can the invisible be seen by the visible, other than through the visible - such as with all minds? Minds cannot be seen unless they are manifested through the visible.
Yet, in Earth being a mindful thing, can we point to Her and declare from this that She "does not represent YHWH" while also declaring that She still points to YHWH?

If not, then your statement "everything points to YHWH" would be untrue...unless in the saying of it, you are meaning something else?