Apprentice

Baby Formula 36-24-38

Post #1

Post by thomasdixon »

Baby Formula 36-24-38
“The Nine Republicans That Voted To Deny Formula For Babies”

U.S.
These Nine Republicans Voted Against Expanding Access to Baby Formula
Nine Republicans in the House of Representatives have voted against a bill that aims to facilitate the purchase of baby formula for those on low-income federal support programs.
The Access to Baby Formula Act, also known as H.R.7791, would allow low-income women to buy more baby formula through the federal Women, Infant and Children (WIC) program.

It received a 414-9 bipartisan support in a House vote on Wednesday amid the formula shortage crisis in the country.

The repunblicons who voted to deny baby formula are listed below for all to see

They are: Reps. Andy Biggs (Arizona), Lauren Boebert (Colorado), Matt Gaetz (Florida), Louie Gohmert (Texas), Paul Gosar (Arizona), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Georgia), Clay Higgins (Louisiana), Thomas Massie (Kentucky) and Chip Roy (Texas).
Every Republican who voted against expanding baby formula access

As a bystander, I do not see what’s the big deal. Babies are not sole -ly dependent on a mother’s milk. Or what's dubbed “BABLY Formula”.
I’m 72 and what gives me the most nourishment is a protein-packed; nutritious drink on the market that is called “boost”.

Listen, I am not advertising “boost”.
The only reason I am bringing this up is that this or so0mething like it could possibly be a nutritious substitute for the only commercially available product on the market that advertises as a baby lifesaver. That stuff you mix with water and then stir real hard kind of nourishment.

What do the Russian mothers feed their babies-?

Just asking
No animosity intended or implied,
So help me God (:-

Tcg
Savant

Re: Baby Formula 36-24-38

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to thomasdixon in post #1]

I read in the news today that the U.S. received an air shipment of formula from Germany. Not sure how much it will relieve the shortage, but it's a start.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #3

Post by AgnosticBoy »

I tend to be skeptical of titles like these.

I'd first want to know why did those Republicans oppose the bill. Oftentimes, these bills are loaded with things that go beyond just one issue, or in this case, the baby formula. If the Bill only said that we want more baby formula then perhaps everyone could agree, but if it comes up with some plan that's loaded with a waste of money or some other issue, then that will open the door to disagreement.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Republicans come up with their own bill to increase baby formula supply.

These are the games that you can expect from partisan politicians.
- Proud forum owner ∣ The Agnostic Forum

- As a non-partisan, I like to be on the side of truth. - AB

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by amortalman »

Additional Information on H.R.7791:

"Baby formula shortage bills pass House amid GOP claims Dems are 'covering up' the real problem
Republicans supported one baby formula shortage bill but opposed the other, saying it lacks a plan to fix the problem"
Fox News May 19, 2022