What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Are moral vales and instinctive act or one taught

Post #1

Post by thomasdixon »

This thread was created to explore human’s moral values taught through fiction and nonfiction examples. It is the intent to express moral values that is the core of our moral values today.
The architectural form of theatre in Rome , theatrical practice and performance took place in Rome has been linked back even further to the 4th century B.C.E.,
Picture3.jpg
Romans favored entertainment and performance over tragedy and drama, displaying a more modern form of theatre that is still used in contemporary times.
Theatre of ancient Rome - Wikipedia
William Shakespeare was an English playwright, poet, and actor, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's greatest dramatist. He is often called England's national poet
Picture2.jpg
Picture1.jpg

COMEDIES
All's Well That Ends Well (1602), As You Like It (1599), Comedy of Errors (1589), Love's Labour's Lost (1594), Winter's Tale (1610)
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra was a Spanish writer widely regarded as the greatest writer in the Spanish language and one of the world's pre-eminent novelists. He is best known for his novel Don Quixote, a work often cited as both the first modern novel and one of the pinnacles of world literature. Wikipedia

The point I am trying to make is that humans are the only animals that that can create live scenes where actors play the part of good and bad individuals for the audience to see and judge. It is a learning experience.
Now we have movies and TV shows that do the same thing. When your child is watching a TV show, your child is learning moral values. Morality is the oldest known value that has been expressed throughout the history of humanity.
The only reason I am bringing this up is because I was doubting mankind’s future. I was beginning to believe the dark side was winning and the human race was heading towards self-destruction. Now after reviewing the history of the human race I can say we are not doomed, morality is the dominant human consciousness that prevails over all other motives for our existence on this planet. I am now sure that the aliens that planted our seed on this planet are looking at us with favor.
I believe the world is unfolding as it should; how about you?.
(:-

Miles
Savant

Re: Are moral vales and instinctive act or one taught

Post #2

Post by Miles »

thomasdixon wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:50 pm
????? Care to rephrase into a meaningful question?

Thanks.

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by thomasdixon »

Miles wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm
thomasdixon wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:50 pm Are moral vales and instinctive act or one taught
Thanks.

Are moral vales an instinctive act or one taught

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

thomasdixon wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:11 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm
thomasdixon wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:50 pm Are moral vales and instinctive act or one taught
Thanks.

They can be taught: I rely on what god taught in the Bible: homosexual males who engage in sex is sinful and therefore both should be killed [homosexual sex is immoral].

And they can be developed: in as much as I've found that homosexual sexual behavior hurts no one, there is no reason to denounce it. So in this case, live and let live. [homosexual sex is moral]

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by thomasdixon »

Miles wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:05 pmThey can be taughthomosexual males who engage in sex is sinful and therefore both should be killed [homosexual sex is immoral].
Homosexuals cannot procreate.
Miles wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:05 pmAnd they can be developed: in as much as I've found that homosexual sexual behavior hurts no one, there is no reason to denounce it. So in this case, live and let live. [homosexual sex is moral]
We agree on this one
8-)

Miles
Savant

Post #6

Post by Miles »

thomasdixon wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:51 pm
Miles wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:05 pmThey can be taught homosexual males who engage in sex is sinful and therefore both should be killed [homosexual sex is immoral].
So what?

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by thomasdixon »

Miles wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:23 pm So what?
I agree, it is none of my business

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by thomasdixon »

The point of this thread is to show the difference between humans and other animals. We reflect on human behavior by creating on stage plays acting out characters in different settings. This evolved into TV shows and sitcoms. In every case a good moral value appears which creates a good teaching tool for our children to watch.
8-)

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to thomasdixon in post #5]
Gay people can procreate with knowledge gained from science (though I think more people, gay or straight or bi or trans or whatever, should adopt when possible instead of spending time and money on fertility treatments).
I've found morality is a human construct created to evaluate the actions of others. Morality changes over time, geographic boundaries, cultures, etc. I don't see one, universal moral code anywhere. So, while the 'act of being moral' seems to be a part of humanity, what's moral and what's not is taught and or learned based on things like the time, circumstance, society, etc.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Is morality instinctive or learned behaviour?
I think both. Acting on a little empathy and sympathy (which are innate) suggests morality is instinctive. But there are those sociopaths who seem to lack both empathy and sympathy, and need to be taught ordinary, decent behaviour.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost