The slave system jewish and gentile.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

michaelgabriel88
Apprentice

The slave system jewish and gentile.

Post #1

Post by michaelgabriel88 »

The Slave System back in the days of Israel covenant.

What is the slave system Judaism employed in the times of moses when slaves were common and did A part in Israel societies ? What was the system for gentiles ? Did you know their is a law if A slave runaway from another country jewish people are not obligated to return him to his master he is A freeman ! What is the slave system for women ? They also could give A vow to serve other people and be paid sheckels. And in the 7th year where set freed !

I been readin a lot of the system of slavery back in those day and their is A promblem that even rabbia's don't agree on some laws and some weren't done according to the law. history lost some of the customs back them and cannot agree in which one's. But still we will go and study and discuss about it. Know their are mitzvah's 613 and from thier we see which laws are talking about slavery for Jews and gentiles.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/articl ... e-slavery/

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_ ... e-Jews.htm

Savant

Re: The slave system jewish and gentile.

Post #2

Post by 1213 »

michaelgabriel88 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:11 pm ...
What is the slave system Judaism employed in the times of moses when slaves were common and did A part in Israel societies ? What was the system for gentiles ?...
By what the Bible tells, slaves should have been circumcised. What do you think, would they then be Jews also?

He who is eight days old will be circumcised among you, every male throughout your generations, he who is born in the house, or bought with money of any foreigner who is not of your seed.
Gen. 17:12

Miles
Savant

Post #3

Post by Miles »

1213 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:38 am
What is the slave system Judaism employed in the times of moses when slaves were common and did A part in Israel societies ? What was the system for gentiles ?...
By what the Bible tells, slaves should have been circumcised.
Where does the Bible say this? From what I've read circumcising adult slaves was optional. (Abraham is mentioned as having all his male slaves circumcised)

He who is eight days old will be circumcised among you, every male throughout your generations, he who is born in the house, or bought with money of any foreigner who is not of your seed.
Yup. Children who were born or brought into slavery had to be circumcised, but not adults.

Savant

Post #4

Post by 1213 »

Miles wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:05 pm
Where does the Bible say this? From what I've read circumcising adult slaves was optional. (Abraham is mentioned as having all his male slaves circumcised)
Ok, I understand the scripture means all. But, I think it is not relevant was it all or only few, what do you think, those who would be circumcised, would they be Jews?

Miles
Savant

Post #5

Post by Miles »

1213 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:01 pm
Miles wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:05 pm
Ok, I understand the scripture means all.
Why, when it doesn't say all or even intimate all?

But, I think it is not relevant was it all or only few,
Then why bring it up? "slaves should have been circumcised."
what do you think, those who would be circumcised, would they be Jews?
I would assume that if the slaves were Jewish they'd already be circumcised, if of age. If they were of age, but not circumcised it's a good bet they weren't Jews.

Savant

Post #6

Post by 1213 »

Miles wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:52 pm Why, when it doesn't say all or even intimate all?
Because I don't think it restricts it to only for young people.
Miles wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:52 pm I would assume that if the slaves were Jewish they'd already be circumcised, if of age. If they were of age, but not circumcised it's a good bet they weren't Jews.
So, you think circumcision would mean person is a Jew?

Miles
Savant

Post #7

Post by Miles »

1213 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:31 am
Miles wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:52 pm Why, when it doesn't say all or even intimate all?
Because I don't think it restricts it to only for young people.
Has someone said it does?
Miles wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:52 pm I would assume that if the slaves were Jewish they'd already be circumcised, if of age. If they were of age, but not circumcised it's a good bet they weren't Jews.
So, you think circumcision would mean person is a Jew?
No. Please read carefully.

I would assume that if the slaves were Jewish they'd already be circumcised, if of age.

If they were of age, but not circumcised it's a good bet they weren't Jews. Why? because it's my bet that all Jews of age would be circumcised.

Neither one of these statements implies that only Jews could have been circumcised.

michaelgabriel88
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by michaelgabriel88 »

[Replying to Miles in post #7]

This is complicated and the system is why I address it truly rabbia's have promblem with this becuase not much information and the way everything is implemented is not sure of it all. But writting and have good discussion about it.