Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Homosexuality: nature or nurture?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Hi all

As of 29 July 2022. What does the science say? What do you think?

Homosexuality: nature or nurture?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Homosexuality: nature or nurture?

Post #41

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:35 am
If I'm warring with Billy Bob cause he too fancies Jane, and along comes Studly Doright to sweep Billy Bob off his feet, now me and Jane can hook up and have us a young'n, til it is, she too fancies ol Studly Doright there, and them two, or three, they raise up my child without my investment, and now I'm freed up to fetch after Cindy Lou, who she doesn't like that other bunch anyway, cause they used to tease her for wearing glasses.
So you are warring with a man over a woman and another man comes sweeps Billy Bob off his feet - is that rape you are talking about? Why would Billy Bob get swept off his feet by a guy, is he bisexual?
You have a kid with Jane and then she ditches you for Studly and has two more and you get with Cindy Lou.

How does Billy Bob continue his generations in this scenario? Why would Studly care about your offspring with Jane. This scenario ....
Good googly moogly, ain't nobody said em nothing about no rape. What are these weird sexual things Christians read into stuff?

Homosexuality might reduce tensions within a group, such that heterosexual copulation can become easier, thus more productive.

For every gay man, my chances with the ladies increase. If for that alone, I, for one, am pro homosexuality. I don't even hafta know they deserve their rights just for being human. I just hafta know it increases my odds.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #42

Post by Wootah »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:45 am Good googly moogly, ain't nobody said em nothing about no rape. What are these weird sexual things Christians read into stuff?

Homosexuality might reduce tensions within a group, such that heterosexual copulation can become easier, thus more productive.

For every gay man, my chances with the ladies increase. If for that alone, I, for one, am pro homosexuality. I don't even hafta know they deserve their rights just for being human. I just hafta know it increases my odds.
How does it help Billy Bob?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:24 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:45 am Good googly moogly, ain't nobody said em nothing about no rape. What are these weird sexual things Christians read into stuff?

How does it help Billy Bob?
In a better society, having not been stoned to death, he would live his life free from religious or other types of oppression or suppression.

Evolution only requires good enough. As long as a sufficient number survive to do the gene passing along, well there we go.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #44

Post by Wootah »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:53 am In a better society, having not been stoned to death, he would live his life free from religious or other types of oppression or suppression.

Evolution only requires good enough. As long as a sufficient number survive to do the gene passing along, well there we go.
So how is homosexuality benefiting him? Chance of getting stoned and not reproducing. Studly Doright just used him. Anyway enough sadness.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #45

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:22 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:53 am In a better society, having not been stoned to death, he would live his life free from religious or other types of oppression or suppression.

So how is homosexuality benefiting him? Chance of getting stoned and not reproducing. Studly Doright just used him. Anyway enough sadness.
Oh c'mon.

The point is that where homosexuals exist, even if they don't reproduce, their presence can help the tribe's reproduction by reducing conflict.
-Punkinhead Martin

Clownboat
Savant

Post #46

Post by Clownboat »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:56 am
Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:22 am

Oh c'mon.

The point is that where homosexuals exist, even if they don't reproduce, their presence can help the tribe's reproduction by reducing conflict.
I want to ignore the actual point and instead wonder if the color of the shirt he put on in the morning changes the way his orange juice tastes.
So, since I'm ignoring the benefits of homosexuality, I'm going to inquire about his shirt color.

Seems to me to be what is going on.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Wootah
Savant

Post #47

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #46]

Is this (that Joey gets to mate) a legitimate benefit of homosexuality that you agree with? is there evidence for that being the purpose of homosexuality? How do homosexuals feel about that?

Since it seems to me that Joey only got to mate because of homosexuality perhaps Joey wasn't actually fit enough to mate and the population fitness decreased because of homosexuality?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #48

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:54 pm [Replying to Clownboat in post #46]
Is this (that Joey gets to mate) a legitimate benefit of homosexuality that you agree with? is there evidence for that being the purpose of homosexuality? How do homosexuals feel about that?

Since it seems to me that Joey only got to mate because of homosexuality perhaps Joey wasn't actually fit enough to mate and the population fitness decreased because of homosexuality?
Naw, I'm fit enough, it's just that increased competition introduces stresses in the system, whereas when homosexuality is introduced, stresses're lessened.

As to how homosexuals feel about it, with the miracle of modern science, they too can reproduce.

Now, as to how a good bunch of Christians feel about it...
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #49

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #48]

In my experience Christians and religious people have larger families and ignore the world as best they can.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #50

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:11 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #48]

In my experience Christians and religious people have larger families and ignore the world as best they can.
In my experience Christians infiltrate government at all levels in an effort to impose their unfounded beliefs onto others, separation of church and state be danged.
-Punkinhead Martin