Does consciousness exist?

For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Does consciousness exist?

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Inquirer
Banned
Banned

Re: Does consciousness exist?

Post #91

Post by Inquirer »

William wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:59 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #88]
Do you think the resurrection of Christ described in the New Testament is literal truth?
The gist of the question is understandable enough. I think what is being asked is "Do you think the resurrection of Christ described in the New Testament as literal truth?"

Perhaps the simple solution of replacing an 'i' with an 'a' might bring clarity, but getting back to the gist, it is hair-splitting at best.

I think that AS literal truth [per biblical description] my "explanation" [re ET] is adequate if I were to answer "Yes I do think the resurrection of Christ described in the New Testament could be taken as a literal thing "IF ETScience was involved"

Otherwise "Shrug" - but that is my answer to your question, and other answers will vary depending upon what position folks are coming from/holding...which {I am supposing] is why the question was asked - to see where the person being asked it, is coming from...

Mind Game much?

:D
I don't care what you "think is being asked", in fact I no longer care about the question at all.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #92

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Inquirer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:44 pm Sorry but no. This is an important academic subject and should be treated as such, if you can't be bothered to make an effort to be clear then I won't spend time discussing it.
"Important" is your subjective opinion, to which I ain't bound in the least bit.

I know what’s "clear" here, you fear your answer'll expose your faulty thinking on this matter.

Notice how it is, a Christian starts making excuses when in an "important academic subject", the word truth gets mentioned.

😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #93

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Inquirer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:29 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:21 pm
Inquirer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:27 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #82]

Please note dear readers how Joey asked this:

Do you think the resurrection of Christ described in the New Testament is literal truth?

to which I responded with:

As opposed to what other kind of truth?

Which Joey refused to answer simply repeating the question and that's all he's done since, for two weeks solid now! avoid clarifying what he means by "literal truth".

The reason is clear, to clarify can often expose logical weaknesses...murky arguments, imprecision, smoke and mirrors, I've seen it all before.
Joey has responded, multiple times to the effect of...

Since I don't know what form of 'truth' might apply to an answer Inquirer refuses to provide, I leave that up to Inquirer, should he ever bother to answer what, I contend, is a straightforward question.
Ladies and gentlemen, Joey's latest excuse is untrue.
Projection is such a poor form of debate.
Joey, move your focus up a couple of inches, you asked about "literal truth" those are the words you used. All I can conclude is that you do not know what you meant, you chose the prefix "literal" yourself yet do not know what it means or why you used it.

Not understanding one's own questions is a rather flimsy position from which to debate.

Just like you Joey, I too don't understand your question, when I do I'll answer it.
I reckon since I removed the problematic "literal" cause you raised a fuss, now I gotta remove the problematic "truth" from the question, as well.

Let's just cut it to the least problematic I possibly can...

Do?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

William
Savant

Post #94

Post by William »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #93]

"...my buttocks look literally truly gianormous in these pants?"