Trump Chose Not To Act

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Trump Chose Not To Act

Post #1

Post by Miles »

I came across this image, which I presume was made after the eighth hearing on July 21, 2021.

Agree or not?

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Re: Trump Chose Not To Act

Post #2

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Miles wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:01 pm I came across this image, which I presume was made after the eighth hearing on July 21, 2021.

Agree or not?

All the evidence so far points to Trump choosing not to act as soon as he should've. Trump's actions are the strongest pieces of evidence against him when it comes to "dereliction of duty". I'd also like to know if Trump was the only one that could've acted. Why couldn't the vice president have acted or Nancy Pelosi?

And of course, I'd like to see if Trump could be held responsible for the Jan. 6 riot based on our legal standards.
- Proud forum owner ∣ The Agnostic Forum

- As a non-partisan, I like to be on the side of truth. - AB

Miles
Savant

Post #3

Post by Miles »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:45 pm
Miles wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:01 pm I came across this image, which I presume was made after the eighth hearing on July 21, 2021.

[IMAGE]

Agree or not?

All the evidence so far points to Trump choosing not to act as soon as he should've. Trump's actions are the strongest pieces of evidence against him when it comes to "dereliction of duty". I'd also like to know if Trump was the only one that could've acted. Why couldn't the vice president have acted or Nancy Pelosi?

And of course, I'd like to see if Trump could be held responsible for the Jan. 6 riot based on our legal standards.
Pence did act while hiding in an underground parking garage in the Capitol. "Photographs newly released by the committee showed Pence in the garage well into the 4 p.m. hour, making calls to congressional and military leaders."
source

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by Purple Knight »

Let me preface this by saying I do absolutely not believe that Trump really won that election. I have no reason to believe so. It could be so, but I have absolutely no reason to think it actually is so.

My question, though, is whether the wrongness of any of this rests on the fact that he didn't actually win, or if, regardless of fairness of a system, one has an obligation to accept the official result.

For example, let's say Trump really did win. Let's say his claims are all true and there was fraud. Let's also say that the riots were worse and far bloodier and there was much, much more real fighting, along with piles and piles of death. Is that okay, just because there was actually injustice in this scenario?

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #5

Post by The Barbarian »

Pence did ultimately call in troops, after it became abundantly clear that Trump was still hoping that the insurrection might succeed. Trump called off his people and told them to go home only after he realized that the coup had failed.